Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why America may not want refugees

Default Why America may not want refugees

http://www.thelocal.de/20160104/refu...ult-in-cologne

"A group of around 500 men between the ages of 15 and 35 assembled at the central train station and in the area of the cathedral before throwing firecrackers into the masses of people celebrating the arrival of the new year.

This appears to have been a means of causing distraction, as during the disturbance groups of young men entered the crowd where they sexually assaulted women and pick-pocketed revellers.

Police then carried out a large-scale operation to clear the area of the miscreants, involving 143 local police officers and a further 70 federal officers. But due to the darkness and the sheer scale of people, Albers conceded that this operation was less than effective.

On Sunday police arrested five men at the central station who were accused of threatening and robbing female travellers. It is not yet clear whether these men are connected to the earlier crimes."

Independent of any potential ISIS infiltration of refugee communities, there are other problems with just opening the door to refugees at will. I wish liberals would remember that many people from this culture still think women as little more that chattel. Heck it isn't like honor killing isn't already a problem here... http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/11/10...oll-rises.html

"“Honor Violence Measurement Methods,” a study released earlier this year by research corporation Westat, and commissioned by the U.S. Department of Justice, identified four types of honor violence: forced marriage, honor-based domestic violence, honor killing and female genital mutilation. The report, which estimated that 23-27 honor killings per year occur in the U.S., noted that 91 percent of victims in North America are murdered for being “too Westernized,” and in incidents involving daughters 18 years or younger, a father is almost always involved. And for every honor killing, there are many more instances of physical and emotional abuse, all in the name of fundamentalist Islam, say experts."

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    estimated that 23-27 honor killings per year occur in the U.S.,
    27 murders within a population of 322 million, compared to 12 murders within a population of 64 million in the UK.
    I think the US is doing pretty good here.

Also, there is no firm number or research method for these results. They admit that honor killings are not recorded as such and arent reported as such. Calling this a guesstimate would be a stretch.
    https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/bjs/grants/248879.pdf
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Lewk, are you being deliberately obtuse here? The "refugees" in Europe get to Europe before they're given refugee status. To get in the US, they have to be granted that status first. Which means idiots like this never step foot in the US.

Incidentally, when do we start throwing out white rural folk for looking similar to the militia idiots?
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Lewk, are you being deliberately obtuse here? The "refugees" in Europe get to Europe before they're given refugee status. To get in the US, they have to be granted that status first. Which means idiots like this never step foot in the US.

Incidentally, when do we start throwing out white rural folk for looking similar to the militia idiots?
    Are you being obtuse? Are you denying that most cultures in the Middle East view women in a completely different way than we do in civilized society? It has nothing to do with 'looking similar' at all, it has everything to do with the cultural mismatch and why taking on additional folks with a very different value set may not be in our best interests. Frankly it isn't like we have a lot of data on the Syrian refugees in the first place, Syria isn't actually a civilized country.

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    27 murders within a population of 322 million, compared to 12 murders within a population of 64 million in the UK.
    I think the US is doing pretty good here.

Also, there is no firm number or research method for these results. They admit that honor killings are not recorded as such and arent reported as such. Calling this a guesstimate would be a stretch.
    https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/bjs/grants/248879.pdf
    "We only have 27 honor killings, looking pretty good here!" That's what you want to stand on?

suspected honor killings, as I've already pointed out the numbers are almost entirely made up. 27 deaths in a population of 322 million

heres a few things more dangerous than unverified honor killings:

hot dogs kill 70 people a year
    bathtubs kill 340
    lightning
    coconuts kill 150 people a year
    Autoerotic asphyxiation
    ~100 a year from icicles
    450 americans die a year trying to get out of their bed
    43 people died in a year because their water heater was set to high
    2340 due to intimate partner violence

There are broken people in the world, a lot of broken people. Bringing these people into a developed western society isn't a bad thing. The US isn't a shining example of understanding mental health (you're a consist reminder of that), but we are likely to have a better capacity than where these people are coming from. And if we fail in that regard, we have people like you just itching to remove these suspected murderers from the face of the earth. How much higher would the body count be without good ol american justice?

You want to lock out 100,000 refugees because of 27 suspected murders. Thats retarded.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Broken *dangerous* people who don't share our values shouldn't get to come here... just because. There are number of other countries with similar cultures mores that should be taking in the refugees. And like I said that is in addition to the ISIS supporters potentially embedded within the refugee population. I'm always puzzled by liberals who will rage against the 'patriarchy' of American society but stand mute to the animalistic behavior of other cultures.

"We only have 27 honor killings, looking pretty good here!" That's what you want to stand on?
    Yes its called logic, you should try it some day.

Many times more people are killed by guns but you don't support gun control. So try consistency too.

As for the animalistic behaviour of other cultures, that is what the refugees are running away from not towards.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Wait, next he'll accuse them of being deserters and traitors to their country because they didn't want to fight back.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

You guys have to understand that Lewk actually places a lot of value on unregulated guns. In contrast, he believes Muslims to be less than worthless, esp. if they happen to come from the Middle East. That's why he's okay with deaths that occur as a consequence of the USA's insane gun situation as well as with hotdog-related deaths (hotdogs being the only thing he loves as much as guns) while thinking that 27 suspected honor killings from people who may or may not even be refugees warrant rejecting all Muslim refugees from various hellholes. Only the Muslim ones, mind you. I have no doubt he'd be okay with accepting non-Muslim refugees. OR WOULD HE??!?!

Anyway. It's not really about the number of deaths. It's all about the other side of the equation. Saving Muslim or Middle Eastern refugees by letting them settle in the US isn't something Lewk considers to be a positive thing, irrespective of how high or low the associated costs in terms of death and maiming may be. On the contrary--pissing on them is desirable.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Minx, we all know that even by the standards of the other US conservative(s) on this board, Lewk is one of the "broken *dangerous* people" who shouldn't be allowed to be here. Unfortunately, because he lives in his own insulated socio-politcal enclave, he's under the delusional belief that his culture is American rather than just another of the animalistic cultures he otherwise opposes.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

The shit hits the fan in Germany and this board discusses about US conservatives

Let's see how this will turn out. The fact that the media needed 5 days to finally report about it doesn't make it any better.
    "Wer Visionen hat, sollte zum Arzt gehen." - Helmut Schmidt

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Yes its called logic, you should try it some day.

Many times more people are killed by guns but you don't support gun control. So try consistency too.

As for the animalistic behaviour of other cultures, that is what the refugees are running away from not towards.
    Guns don't kill people - people kill people. And I love how everyone equates all gun deaths equally. If a homeowner shoots a criminal to death that is an event to be celebrated not mourned. If someone decides to kill themselves, it isn't a celebratory event however they could have just as easily chosen another way to kill themselves and the person dead would still be dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Khendraja'aro View Post
    Wait, next he'll accuse them of being deserters and traitors to their country because they didn't want to fight back.
    Its a shitty situation there I don't blame them for getting out. Hell I don't even blame them for WANTING to come here. We are a kick ass country and the world's only superpower. I'm saying we may not want to bring them in when countries that share similar cultural norms are right there.

Quote Originally Posted by earthJoker View Post
    The shit hits the fan in Germany and this board discusses about US conservatives

Let's see how this will turn out. The fact that the media needed 5 days to finally report about it doesn't make it any better.
    I don't know how the media operates in Europe but this is just further proof that regardless of where you go there is ALWAYS an agenda being pushed by the media. There is no such thing as an unbiased news organization and it is up to people to look at a variety of sources to try to get to the truth. In America for example you would want to look at what the openly conservative source tells you as well as the liberal source tells you (MSM). Perspective matters and understanding the bias of the person doing the reporting is important.

Guns don't kill people - people kill people. And I love how everyone equates all gun deaths equally. If a homeowner shoots a criminal to death that is an event to be celebrated not mourned. If someone decides to kill themselves, it isn't a celebratory event however they could have just as easily chosen another way to kill themselves and the person dead would still be dead.
    Firstly, not all methods of killing are equally likely to succeed. Secondly, 100 kids lost to firearms-related ACCIDENTS every year.

Why are we only talking about where the perpetrators may have been from and not about the fact they were part of a drunk mob?
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    Minx, we all know that even by the standards of the other US conservative(s) on this board, Lewk is one of the "broken *dangerous* people" who shouldn't be allowed to be here. Unfortunately, because he lives in his own insulated socio-politcal enclave, he's under the delusional belief that his culture is American rather than just another of the animalistic cultures he otherwise opposes.
    Here are some words of wisdom from my favorite conservative...http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/05/op...ol-left-region

Lewk, note how he differentiates between philosophic liberalism and partisan liberalism.

It’s the basic belief in open society, free speech, egalitarianism and meliorism (gradual progress). It’s a belief that through reasoned conversation values cohere and fanaticism recedes. It’s the belief that people of all creeds merit tolerance and respect.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Quote Originally Posted by Being View Post
    Here are some words of wisdom from my favorite conservative...http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/05/op...ol-left-region

Lewk, note how he differentiates between philosophic liberalism and partisan liberalism.
    "Reasoned conversation..." Too bad the leftist liberals in college regularly cheer their ability to shut down conservative speakers by disrupting their speeches with noise/heckling.

I've made it clear many times what I mean by liberal and it is not the classical definition, it is what the term means in America.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    Why are we only talking about where the perpetrators may have been from and not about the fact they were part of a drunk mob?
    Alcohol in s no excuse for rape or sexual abuse. Being part of a mob isn't making it better either.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a6798186.html

Da fuck is wrong with that country?

"Mayor Reker also said a “better explanation” to asylum seekers was needed about the meaning of the annual carnivals. “We need to prevent confusion about what constitutes happy behaviour and what is utterly separate from openness, especially in sexual behaviour," she said."

Clearly it was all a misunderstanding. Ridiculous.

Da fuck is wrong with that country?
    They regard themselves as the offender no matter what. Has something to do with their history. But the rest of Europe is starting to have enough of it. Denmark already introduced border controls from Germany.

I don't know how the media operates in Europe but this is just further proof that regardless of where you go there is ALWAYS an agenda being pushed by the media. There is no such thing as an unbiased news organization and it is up to people to look at a variety of sources to try to get to the truth. In America for example you would want to look at what the openly conservative source tells you as well as the liberal source tells you (MSM). Perspective matters and understanding the bias of the person doing the reporting is important.
    It is hard to find German media that isn't left. Many of them are openly left, which makes it OK for me. For example Jakob Augstein calls his column "Im Zweifel links" (i.e. "if in doubt, take a leftist position").

The "Heute" staff (Major news of the ZDF) has already apologized for not reporting the issue. The police is also heavily criticized, they officially stated that NYE was "mostly quiet" in Cologne.

Correction: Guns don't kill people - bullets kill people.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Because drunk German men don't grope women and they certainly don't form mobs.

I'm just surprised there was only one reported rape. The annual celebration of the World Championship in Rounders in my little Northern town, a ridiculous event by all standards, usually features several rapes. A thousand drunk MENA-men and only one rape? Cologne must be doing something right

Bullocks. 1000 drunk men should not see one or more rapes as OK.

How many men got drunk on NYE? I'd estimate say 10 million in the UK. At 1 rape per thousand that'd be 10,000 rapes across the country in one night being "something right". Don't be absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Bullocks. 1000 drunk men should not see one or more rapes as OK.

How many men got drunk on NYE? I'd estimate say 10 million in the UK. At 1 rape per thousand that'd be 10,000 rapes across the country in one night being "something right". Don't be absurd.
    You'll note I specified men from the Middle East and North Africa, the rapiest rapey men of all. For that group, esp. considering the likely age distribution, 1/1000 may not be "okay" but it may nevertheless be astonishingly low (see earlier remarks about cultural views and innate tendencies in these groups).

If we're to believe the estimate of 1 in 200 UK women being raped every year, ca 85,000 women annually (obv issues with this estimate, but just a ballpark figure), it would mean that just under 1/8th of those rapes would occur on NYE which is of course nonsense. Then again, even if we accept your figure of 10,000,000 drunk men on NYE, it's likely not all of those men were in the high-risk groups (age, socioeconomic status, ethnic/religious background) or in high-risk circumstances. The expected number of rapes may well be lower in that case.

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Because there was no "drunk mob". There was a crowd of 1,000 people, among them those idiots who use those methods to distract their victims in order to steal from them. This time it got out of hand, but it's a known problem. And it's not easy to solve. Plus, the guys in question are most likely not refugees.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/...a-1070583.html
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

New Year's Eve Cologne attack 'left me scarred for life'
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35239347