Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: She Killed HERSELF!

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    It's often a reasonable assumption to make

don't project your biases and handicaps onto other people pls
    Though you'd have to assume that more people are informed than they were roughly 30 years ago. I remember when I had my hernia operation the surgeon who talked me trough the procedure couldn't tell me anything new.
    Congratulations America

what i really meant was that it's reasonable to assume that the immediate reaction may be different from the reaction that comes after a few weeks or months
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    Oh that makes a bit sense at least. And hard to claim that it's cruel punishment.
    Hell, its a reward. No, if you attempt to kill yourself, you should be condemned to a hospital room with padded walls and rounded corners. Live baby LIVE! This, I COMMAND!
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    what i really meant was that it's reasonable to assume that the immediate reaction may be different from the reaction that comes after a few weeks or months
    Of course. You'd have to say that outright refusal of treatment is not something a physician should just let go, especially where you're dealing with a condition where only through treatment can establish what the complete set of necessary procedures and chances for survival are. Accepting non-treatment just like that after first diagnosis is like accepting killing todlers because their life at one point might incur suffering.

On the other hand, GG is bordering on the hysterical when it comes to 'activism' by doctors.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan View Post
    Hell, its a reward. No, if you attempt to kill yourself, you should be condemned to a hospital room with padded walls and rounded corners. Live baby LIVE! This, I COMMAND!
    How many people who didn't succeed do you know that actually regret not having succeeded?
    Congratulations America