Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ding dong the witch is dead.

Okay so just for the record, reasonable can disagree strongly about who should have done what without anyone necessarily being deranged or evil?
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Okay so just for the record, reasonable can disagree strongly about who should have done what without anyone necessarily being deranged or evil?
    It's not exactly the disputable selection of the president in 2000 that made me open this thread.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Whether it was a good idea for them to exercise their discretion and accept the case is not really one of the points people waste time disputing on the matter.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

I thought this meant the death knell for the Bush Dynasty, when Jeb! suspended his campaign. No?

Quote Originally Posted by Being View Post
    They aren't. That single decision was not meant to be handled by 9 people.
    Ironically, that was the core argument of many of Scalia's rulings on controversial issues, most notably the recent decision on gay marriage.

Meanwhile, a professor at Georgetown (where Scalia went to college) replied-all to a campus e-mail about his death basically spitting on his record. Then group of conservative Georgetown professors trolled everyone by replying-all about how this language was "traumatizing" for conservative students, thus poking at the left-wing anti-speech movement on campus: http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...lia-email.html

And then another student group fell into the trap: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...scalias-death/

Although people who reply-all to mass emails should be banished from the civilised world (how on earth does a university send out a mass email that even can be reply-alled? clearly they don't have an IT department), that is pretty funny Nice that the second link provides an excellent explanation, by the lefties, of the problems with that kind of language, which usually comes form the leftie students.

On a side note, even after someone has just died, criticising him professionally is perfectly fine if you ask me, as long as you don't resort to insulting etc., then again I also don't think you should do that to living people.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

I actually kinda like this idea of applying the same reasoning to senators but it should be unpaid
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."