Thread: Italian PhD-student tortured to death in Cairo after criticisizing Sisi's regime

Default Italian PhD-student tortured to death in Cairo after criticisizing Sisi's regime

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...-electrocution

Will there be repercussions?

What should be done?
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

"One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

There will be no repercussions. Hopefully other people who are travelling to evil dictatorships will no longer think their governments can keep them any safer than the next local who dares to open his mouth.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    There will be no repercussions. Hopefully other people who are travelling to evil dictatorships will no longer think their governments can keep them any safer than the next local who dares to open his mouth.
    While not completely comparable, I shake my head when Americans get grabbed up in Iran and N Korea. WHY on earth would you go there knowing the risks.

Egypt is not in that level, but I would think if you go there you would not make yourself a target.
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

That is pretty fucking awful what happened to that guy. Shit hole places of the world should be avoided at all costs. South Africa, Russia, Iran, N Korea, Almost all of the Middle East are all places western folks should avoid like the plague.