Page 133 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133
Results 3,961 to 3,974 of 3974

Thread: What made you go WTF today?

  1. #3961
    Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the forests of the night
    Posts
    5,608
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

  2. #3962
    SEÑOR Member Aimless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    13,273
    I sympathize. I, too, have trouble keeping in touch and submitting things on time.
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

  3. #3963
    SEÑOR Member Aimless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    13,273
    Some lady on FB threatened to report me to the police--for saying cops in sthlm are jerks for harassing beggars w/out solid legal basis and compiling illegal databases of Roma and women who're victims of abuse--because my name doesn't sound Swedish it is one of the weirdest expressions of xenophobia I've seen so far in this country.
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

  4. #3964
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Amsterdam/Istanbul
    Posts
    9,786
    I must say, that seems a bit much. On the other hand, you are living in Sweden.
    Greece shows us that there is a kind of politician worse than the ones that break their election promises; the ones that keep their election promises.

  5. #3965
    Senior Member GGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    18,437
    What can you expect from Facebook?

  6. #3966
    SEÑOR Member Aimless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    13,273
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

  7. #3967
    Senior Member GGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    18,437
    Just another day where Trump really IS president; congress isn't fulfilling their constitutional mandate of oversight; and the "balance" between co-equal branches of government is more like a reality TV drama series or beauty pageant. Return to Trump, negative feedback loop, recurring nightmare, WTF

  8. #3968
    SEÑOR Member Aimless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    13,273
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

  9. #3969
    SEÑOR Member Aimless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    13,273


    Huge if true
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

  10. #3970
    Senior Member RandBlade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    14,424
    Been called a "far left extremist" IRL tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Being upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

  11. #3971
    SEÑOR Member Aimless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    13,273
    You are though. It's just a matter of perspective innit.
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

  12. #3972
    Senior Member RandBlade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    14,424
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    You are though. It's just a matter of perspective innit.
    Well indeed, and I'm quite happy to be called far left compared to that nasty piece of work.

    Spoiler:
    New recruit that we'd just started. Added everyone on Facebook and while a few of us were drinking in the bar and my wife found a bunch of anti-Islam cartoons he'd shared including one where a pig was shagging a Muslim woman captioned "you'll learn to love pork." Disgusting. He said "I'm not racist, its just Muslims are terrorists". That's pretty much the definition of racist you moron. It's illegal to sack someone because of their politics but the next day he said he had to go home early for the third time in the two weeks since he'd started which is far too unreliable so we decided not to give him any more shifts on that basis then a week later he comes in screaming that we sacked him because he votes UKIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Being upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

  13. #3973
    Senior Member Enoch the Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,157
    Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Well indeed, and I'm quite happy to be called far left compared to that nasty piece of work.

    Spoiler:
    New recruit that we'd just started. Added everyone on Facebook and while a few of us were drinking in the bar and my wife found a bunch of anti-Islam cartoons he'd shared including one where a pig was shagging a Muslim woman captioned "you'll learn to love pork." Disgusting. He said "I'm not racist, its just Muslims are terrorists". That's pretty much the definition of racist you moron. It's illegal to sack someone because of their politics but the next day he said he had to go home early for the third time in the two weeks since he'd started which is far too unreliable so we decided not to give him any more shifts on that basis then a week later he comes in screaming that we sacked him because he votes UKIP.
    Erm, haven't you argued several times here that religion != race?

  14. #3974
    Senior Member RandBlade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    14,424
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch the Red View Post
    Erm, haven't you argued several times here that religion != race?
    True.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Being upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •