Page 14 of 140 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: What made you go WTF today?

So, I was driving by a church today. The message on their board was "If you force open a rosebud, it will spoil the flower."

I found this very disturbing. I'm sure this was supposed to be a message about abstinence, but the cynical side of me saw it as something much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Catgrrl View Post
    So, I was driving by a church today. The message on their board was "If you force open a rosebud, it will spoil the flower."

I found this very disturbing. I'm sure this was supposed to be a message about abstinence, but the cynical side of me saw it as something much worse.
    Don't read church signs and you'll be fine.
    Such is Life...

fucking magnets...

Quote Originally Posted by Young Mage View Post
    fucking magnets...
    Don't fuck them. That's what the other boys are for.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    Tee hee~~~ I like lawllipops.

I like your thought process and I am interested in learning more.

After four years of trying, the Georgia Legislature has passed a bill requiring seatbelt use in pickup trucks and other vehicles.

SB 458 passed the State House 132-29 Tuesday, the second to last day of the legislative session.

Georgia was the last state in the country that exempted adults from buckling up in pickups. Rural lawmakers previously blocked similar bills, claiming unnecessary regulation.

The current bill exempts pickup truck drivers from wearing seatbelts during trips for agricultural or farm use.

Sen. Don Thomas's bill, which the Senate approved in late March, was not amended by the House. So it's now headed to Governor Sonny Perdue for his signature.
    Why would you be exempt during trips for agricultural or farm use? This makes no sense at all. Leaves any jackass who wants to able to say they are driving for farm use. Why make the poor sap who hits the fool who is too stupid to wear a seatbelt suffer from the guilt of killing someone, or, even worse, a vehicular manslaughter charge?

Why would you be exempt during trips for agricultural or farm use? This makes no sense at all.
    Except that if you're actually doing farm work, there's a pretty good chance you're hopping out of the vehicle at regular intervals, and probably not getting it out of first gear anyway.

Leaves any jackass who wants to able to say they are driving for farm use.
    Good. The government shouldn't be allowed to mandate what "for our own good" anyway, but since they insist on doing it, the least we can hope for is a generous loophole.

Why make the poor sap who hits the fool who is too stupid to wear a seatbelt suffer from the guilt of killing someone, or, even worse, a vehicular manslaughter charge?
    Here's a thought - don't drive like a retard, and you won't have to worry about killing someone, regardless of his/her seatbelt use. It's a much simpler, better solution that doesn't involve the government relying on revenue seized illegitimately because someone wasn't acting in his or her best interest (as defined by the government, of course).
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

-- Thomas Jefferson: American Founding Father, clairvoyant and seditious traitor.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenCain View Post
    Except that if you're actually doing farm work, there's a pretty good chance you're hopping out of the vehicle at regular intervals, and probably not getting it out of first gear anyway.
    If you are actually doing farm work you should actually be on your farm, and therefore aren't likely to be pulled over.
    Good. The government shouldn't be allowed to mandate what "for our own good" anyway, but since they insist on doing it, the least we can hope for is a generous loophole.
    Personally, I think idiots who don't wear seatbelts should have their licenses taken away, not just a small fine.

Here's a thought - don't drive like a retard, and you won't have to worry about killing someone, regardless of his/her seatbelt use. It's a much simpler, better solution that doesn't involve the government relying on revenue seized illegitimately because someone wasn't acting in his or her best interest (as defined by the government, of course).
    Except if someone dies, a person is likely to feel guilt even if the accident is not their fault. I'd take a guess and say the jackass who isn't wearing a seatbelt is the idiot most likely to cause an accident. They are already clearly reckless.

That's what I was wondering; if the wording was odd in the law. I could see you being exempt on your own property for moving about the farm and whatnot. They should have clarified a bit more if that was what they meant.

If you are actually doing farm work you should actually be on your farm, and therefore aren't likely to be pulled over.
    Uhuh. Tell it to the guys who have DUIs for using riding mowers to mow their lawns.. while enjoying a frosty beer on a warm summer day. Seriously. There is no such thing as private property in this country anymore, so the private property argument doesn't hold water.

Personally, I think idiots who don't wear seatbelts should have their licenses taken away, not just a small fine.
    And I think statists should be shot in the head and used a fertilizer. So let's compromise and just not pass or enforce laws that are "for our own good."

Except if someone dies, a person is likely to feel guilt even if the accident is not their fault. I'd take a guess and say the jackass who isn't wearing a seatbelt is the idiot most likely to cause an accident. They are already clearly reckless.
    Well, this "reckless jackass" has never been in an at-fault argument (as a driver, anyway)... and has probably worn his seatbelt a total of 14 times in the past ten years.

And frankly, fuck your guilt. Your feelings, your responsibility, not everyone else's.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

-- Thomas Jefferson: American Founding Father, clairvoyant and seditious traitor.

You don't seriously want this to be a basis for legislation, do you?
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    No, I want legislation that keeps jackasses from riding without seatbelts, because it takes much longer to clear a wreck when there are corpses littering the road.

I fail to see why people in trucks should be exempt from the already existing laws to begin with, and I think it is bullshit that they are making exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Hush. You're spoiling the setup.

As government is responsible for the feelings of oppression felt by minorities, the political opposition, and prisoners of all sorts, we can use this logic to get legislation banning government.

Woohoo!

Internet libertarians, people, let's have a big hand
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

US women's gymnastics team takes bronze medal at 2000 Summer Olympics.

WTF took so long?

Cub Scouts don't earn badges They earn belt loops and pins.
    Requirements:
    Belt Loop
    Complete these three requirements:

Explain why it is important to have a rating system for video games. Check your video games to be sure they are right for your age.
    With an adult, create a schedule for you to do things that includes your chores, homework, and video gaming. Do your best to follow this schedule.
    Learn to play a new video game that is approved by your parent, guardian, or teacher.

Academics Pin
    Earn the Video Games belt loop and complete five of the following requirements:

With your parents, create a plan to buy a video game that is right for your age group.
    Compare two game systems (for example, Microsoft Xbox, Sony PlayStation, Nintendo Wii, and so on). Explain some of the differences between the two. List good reasons to purchase or use a game system.
    Play a video game with family members in a family tournament.
    Teach an adult or a friend how to play a video game.
    List at least five tips that would help someone who was learning how to play your favorite video game.
    Play an appropriate video game with a friend for one hour.
    Play a video game that will help you practice your math, spelling, or another skill that helps you in your schoolwork.
    Choose a game you might like to purchase. Compare the price for this game at three different stores. Decide which store has the best deal. In your decision, be sure to consider things like the store return policy and manufacturer’s warranty.
    With an adult’s supervision, install a gaming system.
    I'm still amazed people think cub scouts & boy scouts are solely about starting fires with two sticks.

http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/...deo_games.aspx

Learn to play a new video game that is approved by your parent, guardian, or teacher.
    So after OG approves GTA...

Another reason I never stuck around to be a scout leader. I earned my Eagle badge and GTFO.

Brent wants in, but I'm still undecided.

We can do better than that. OG just needs to approve Rapelay ("a PC game that allows players to gang rape virtual women – and then force them to have an abortion").

I think Cain's selective reading skills skipped over our several preceding conversations...

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Cub Scouts don't earn badges They earn belt loops and pins.
    Well, I'm not going to edit it because when I was a cub scout they were patches that were sown onto our uniform and we called them badges (ie, Merit Badge).

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    I think Cain's selective reading skills skipped over our several preceding conversations...
    Now, we should pretend to be fair. We had that conversation a long-ass time ago. Well, not all that long, but before he magically reappeared to make me all hot and bothered, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Being View Post
    Well, I'm not going to edit it because when I was a cub scout they were patches that were sown onto our uniform and we called them badges (ie, Merit Badge).
    How old are you ? I know for the past 20 years the only thing you had sown on was your pack number and advancement rank, sometimes special event awards.

Nowadays you don't even need a needle and thread. You just iron the son-of-bitches on.

I find it generally bizarre that boy scouts are actually expected to wear their uniforms to do things. The girl scouts have them, too - but I personally never owned one. I never wore a sash, even.

And I received my gold award - that's the equivalent of your eagle scout. Did it as an individual, though - there was no way in hell I'd have been in a troop after I hit puberty. Only reason I kept an individual membership was for summer camp. Then, when I did my leader-in-training program (the director of camping and outdoor services wanted me and my group of mates who were already working at the camp to do that so we wouldn't have to step-back in camp-world to do the counselor-in-training program when we were old enough for it), they also determined that it would be quite easy for me to do a service project, considering that I was already doing it, anyway.

But even if I didn't find the boy scouts offensive as a group, the uniforms would be a deal-breaker for me.

Eagle is a rank, not a badge! FFS

Boy Scouts still give badges for sashes and cards for books (like a file), but don't wear uniforms much. Usually a t-shirt and cargo shorts.

Its a rank with a badge , just like the other 6.

The rank has a badge, it's not a merit badge.

And it's SEWN, not sown. Do they need a spelling merit badge?