Page 4 of 140 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: What made you go WTF today?

Quote Originally Posted by BBC
    Kidnapped Paul and Rachel Chandler's anniversary agony

A Kent couple being held hostage by Somali pirates will not be spending their wedding anniversary together, a spokesman for the pirates has said.

Paul and Rachel Chandler, 59 and 55, were kidnapped four months ago while sailing in the Indian Ocean.

The couple, who are being held apart in captivity, will reach their 29th wedding anniversary on Sunday.

Ali Gedow, a spokesman for the pirates, said the group would not allow the couple to spend the day together.

Pirates have spokesmen now?

What is the world coming to ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Don't know about you, but i find that rather funny. A spokesmen for pirates ... who would have thought.

Arrr, these landlubber will not ..

Oh forget it.
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

My manager just said to me, quite seriously "Why are pirates called 'Pirates'?", i knew what was coming but to make him feel great i gave him time to lead with the punch line - "Because they Arghhhh".

Sweet Geezus!

What does a pirate say when he's having a heart attack?
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

Arrr! Me heartie.

Swivel me timber!
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

It seems I am pretty damn distant from the world-view of so many people. I honest to goodness thought this was a parody ad until I was convinced otherwise.

America, what the fuck
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Pretty disgusting, innit.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Yeh but people of every creed and colour are coming together in love to protect marriage.

They're doing it in the name of love.

So it must be okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    Yeh but people of every creed and colour are coming together in love to protect marriage.

They're doing it in the name of love.

So it must be okay.
    Didn't the Israelites start this trend?
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Quote Originally Posted by Nessus View Post
    It seems I am pretty damn distant from the world-view of so many people. I honest to goodness thought this was a parody ad until I was convinced otherwise.

America, what the fuck
    Now with 100% more subtitles.

Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

Nice find Ziggy.

(Nessie, I must say WTF at least once a day )

Played Uno with Ocean and Brandy this morning. The game is rated for 7 years and up.

Ocean beat us twice before breakfast

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Played Uno with Ocean and Brandy this morning. The game is rated for 7 years and up.

Ocean beat us twice before breakfast
    Dont you only have to have one hand, an eye and an uno board to play uno? Am i thinking of the right game? The one where you essentially just roll some dice and move that number? Is that Ludo?

Or is uno that version of the card game i know as blackjack? (Not the game where you have to get 21)

Edit - your kid is called Ocean?
    "Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink, because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl.

I have no idea what game you're thinking of. Uno.

Quote Originally Posted by Spawnie View Post
    Edit - your kid is called Ocean?
    Blame her mother, Ocean is not of my blood, but I consider her mine now.

Yes, uno is basically a marketed version of a card game i know as blackjack

I was thinking of Ludo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ludo_%28board_game%29
    "Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink, because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl.

You play a weird version of Blackjack on your little island. Brits can't get anything right.

I was thinking of Ludo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ludo_%28board_game%29
    Blackjack is 21 over here.

JFK tower allowed kids to direct air traffic
    If I was one of the pilots that heard a kids voice coming from the tower I think I'd park the plane and say WTF.

Well that's a fucking good idea.

You can tell the kid was being coached, and he was speaking to planes on the ground. Considering how much a joke flying has become, at least this one was entertaining. It wasn't even challenged by anyone in the loop, it spread cause someone recorded it at home.

EDIT:
    Recordings - http://consumerist.com/2010/03/liste...ic-at-jfk.html

Authorities in central Georgia have arrested a couple they say traded sex with their 14-year-old daughter for payments on their minivan.

Dodge County sheriff's Capt. Tony Winborn said the parents were arrested Monday and are in jail awaiting a bond hearing. They face child molestation and pandering charges.

"We are sickened to hear about this case against this girl," Winborn said.

Channel 2 Action News does not identify victims of sexual abuse and is not identifying the parents to protect the teen.

Winborn said 66-year-old Robert Wayne Bearden, who managed a used car dealership, was arrested on charges of child molestation and possession of a firearm by a felon.

The couple bought a minivan from a used car dealership in Eastman, about 140 miles southeast of Atlanta, in March 2008 but has not made a single payment on it, Winborn said. They made their daughter perform sex acts on the dealership's manager in lieu of making the $281 monthly payments on their minivan, he said.

"The investigation is ongoing. We expect more arrests to be made," Winborn said.

It appears the parents may have offered sex with their daughter to as many as six other adults in exchange for money and drugs, he said.

"There's a history of drug use and abuse within the family," Winborn said. "It's our understanding that the child was sold out by her parents for drugs and money."

The Dodge County Sheriff's Office was alerted to the case by the state's Division of Family and Children Services in July, Winborn said. The daughter, who has since turned 15, was placed in state custody at that time because of allegations that the father had sexually abused family members. The girl is now in foster case in another county, Winborn said.

To protect her parents, the girl initially denied that anything had happened, Winborn said. That's one reason the arrests weren't made until now. But over time, both the girl and the mother made statements to investigators that led to search warrants being issued for Bearden's home and business. Investigators found nude photos of the girl in both places, he said.

Bearden's brother, Wendell Bearden, owns the car lot his brother managed and said he was shocked to hear the allegations.

"He worked every day, went to church on Sunday," Bearden said. "I've experienced every emotion you can imagine over the last four days, from anger to sadness to pity."

Winborn didn't know whether any of the three has a lawyer.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

On my way out of the gym yesterday one of the regulars I speak to said, "and keep off those drugs ok mate"

I think he thought I was a roider. I don't know whether to take that as an insult or a compliment TBH!!!
    All those moments lost in time... like tears in the rain

Quote Originally Posted by xaero1 View Post
    On my way out of the gym yesterday one of the regulars I speak to said, "and keep off those drugs ok mate"

I think he thought I was a roider. I don't know whether to take that as an insult or a compliment TBH!!!
    Insult! Then again, i don't get insulted in such a way. I'm to small for such a comment. I think the only thing i get called at the gym is "Bruce", "Slim" and "Flexible Steve".

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    What? Everything is okay, I mean he worked every day and went to church on Sunday...
    . . .