Page 5 of 140 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: What made you go WTF today?

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    You can tell the kid was being coached, and he was speaking to planes on the ground. Considering how much a joke flying has become, at least this one was entertaining. It wasn't even challenged by anyone in the loop, it spread cause someone recorded it at home.

EDIT:
    Recordings - http://consumerist.com/2010/03/liste...ic-at-jfk.html
    Wasn't very entertaining IMO. FAA didn't think it was so cute. Take Your Kid To Work Day should mean the grown-ups know when kids should observe ONLY. Any time public safety is involved, duh. I wouldn't want a surgeon to let little Johnny participate in a sterile field, either.

Quote Originally Posted by xaero1 View Post
    I think he thought I was a roider. I don't know whether to take that as an insult or a compliment TBH!!!
    Compliment. Means you're buff.

Orrr ... you look haggard, pale and withdrawn and have tiny testicles, in which case
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeb

New Jersey snow sculpture gets frosty reception

Police in the US state of New Jersey have ordered a family to cover up their snow sculpture of the famous nude Venus de Milo after a neighbour complained.

Eliza Gonzalez sculpted the snow-woman with her son and daughter on her front lawn in Rahway following a snowstorm.

Many people praised their creation, but a police officer told them a neighbour had found it too risque, she said.

When given the option of covering the sculpture up or knocking it down, she dressed it in a bikini top and sarong.

"We didn't want to have any problem with the police so we covered it up," Ms Gonzalez told the AFP news agency.

But she now thinks the snowy Venus looks "more objectified and sexualised" than it did before the authorities intervened.
    Farkin prudes.
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    Compliment. Means you're buff.

Orrr ... you look haggard, pale and withdrawn and have tiny testicles, in which case
    I think it was the tiny testicles that did it

FPMSL
    All those moments lost in time... like tears in the rain

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8551122.stm

S Korea child 'starves as parents raise virtual baby'

A South Korean couple who were addicted to the internet let their three-month-old baby starve to death while raising a virtual daughter online, police said.
    The pair fed their own premature baby just once a day in between 12-hour stretches at an internet cafe, the official Yonhap news agency reported.
    Police officer Chung Jin-won told Yonhap they "lost their will to live a normal life" after losing their jobs.
    He said they "indulged themselves online" to escape from reality.
    The 41-year-old father and his 25-year-old wife were arrested in the city of Suweon, south of Seoul, earlier this week, five months after they reported the death of their baby.
    An autopsy showed her death was caused by a long period of malnutrition.
    The couple had become obsessed with nurturing a virtual girl called Anima in the popular role-playing game Prius Online, police said on Friday.
    The game enables players to interact with Anima and as they do so, help her to recover her lost memory and develop emotions
    Holy crap!
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    Holy crap!
    I'd be shocked if every time this was reported it wasn't a South Korean in an internet cafe slowly dying/allowing someone else to die because they really, really want to play a videogame...
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    I wouldn't want a surgeon to let little Johnny participate in a sterile field, either.
    because thats even remotely related to what happened here

because thats even remotely related to what happened here
    Related, yes. The attitude of a Professional, their concept of safety, their ability to allow observation without participation, yes.

In 2008, Brandon Kyle Haire, suspected to be driving drunk, eluded police, rammed a police cruiser and collided with an SUV, which was occupied by Marietta High School men's basketball coach Charlie Hood and his friend, former Assistant Police Chief Rupert Raines.

Today, that same teen is back in jail after crashing into another police car last week, authorities said.

Cobb Police charged Haire, 18, with DUI less safe alcohol, fleeing or attempting to elude, no license, and possession or purchase of alcohol by a minor, which are all misdemeanors. He is also charged with felony interference with government property.

He was booked into the Cobb County Jail, where he remains on a $10,000 bond.

Police reported that they attempted to stop Haire's erratic driving on Feb. 27 at around 6:47 p.m. on Powder Springs Road near the Macland Road intersection in Marietta.

That evening, the 2003 Volkswagen Passat Haire was driving went off the road's shoulder near Pamela Circle, which caught the attention of two police officers working a traffic stop. A lookout for a suspected DUI driver had already been placed by dispatch, according to a police report. The officers initiated an unsuccessful traffic stop, then pursued Haire on Powder Springs Road

After more officers joined in the chase, police conducted a "rolling roadblock" maneuver, in which authorities surround a vehicle to slow it, the report stated. That's when Haire struck two police cars, sideswiping one and rear-ending the other, before coming to a stop, police said.

"Both (police) vehicles had minor to moderate damage," Officer Joe Hernandez said. "Mainly cosmetic damage."

Haire sustained minor cuts and was treated at WellStar Kennestone Hospital in Marietta, before he was sent to jail, Hernandez said.

Haire was involved in a similar matter in 2008, which ended with a wrecked police car.

Haire was arrested on Nov. 29, 2008, by Marietta police and charged with a host of traffic offenses, including felony fleeing or attempting to elude an officer, hit and run, driving on the wrong side of the road, no license, DUI test refused, and felony criminal interference with government property.

After spending time in jail, the then-17 year old received at least 12 months of probation by Cobb Superior Court Judge Tain Kell as a first offender, beginning April 21, 2009. He was also ordered to pay fines. His court appointed lawyer at that time, Che Karega of Powder Springs, said Thursday that Haire's probation would likely be revoked now and that he could receive some lengthy jail time.

According to the 2008 incident police report, Haire took off from a parking lot on Cherokee Street after officers asked him to exit the GMC Sierra he was driving. In a police video, his vehicle could be seen running red lights, ramming vehicles including a police cruiser, and colliding with an SUV before plowing into a building.

Hood and Raines, who had gone a scouting trip to see Cherokee County High School's basketball team play, were inside that SUV. The men sustained minor injuries.

Raines, who retired in 1985 after serving 25 years with Marietta police, said Haire should be stopped from driving before "he kills somebody."

"This is twice this has happened. He does not need to be put back out on the streets without some kind of rehabilitation," Raines said. "I don't know anything about the young man. From what I understand, he comes from a broken home and all that kind of stuff. He's going to have to be given some professional guidance. They need to keep him incarcerated until they can find out what his problem is."

Hood said he was sad to hear Haire is facing similar charges once more.

"You'd think he would have learned after the first time," he said. "Maybe the criminal justice system will be a little more serious on this offense after two. He caused a lot of damage and inconvenience that night after he ran into us."
    It's the fact that he did it twice that has me WTFing.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Just got back from a bonfire at a friend's house.

Around 1145pm, we heard a couple of fire trucks going by, and wondered where they were headed to. A few minutes later, several firefighters in full gear appeared behind the apartment complex that butts up against my friend's backyard. Apparently, the smoke from our fire was so thick it moved over the top of the building, and someone called the fire department because they thought the apartments were on fire.

We weren't in trouble, the guys just came by to make sure we had our fire under control and a hose nearby.

We have fires there every couple months, and this is the first time we've ever had this happen. It was a real WTF moment, and though the firemen were real cool about it, I still felt a little bad they had to come over in full gear.

That killed the mood though, so we put it out anyway.

Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

CNN says Lindsey Lohan has filed a $100 million law suit against the eTrade babies, for their commercial saying 'milkaholic' refers to her, or something.

WTF, this can't be true. Can it?

I'm 36,single,no hang ups)look younger than my age so I have been told!,no baggage, love having fun with my friends, love to go on holidays, love dancing, fashion, reading, sports, looking for a long term relationship only obviously not with a ugly charmless type who will leave me pregnant to bring up my child on a council estate so if you are only after your oats then jog on but good luck to you anyway and I hope you get them.

Not looking for a pimply faced youth desperate to show me his undercarriage on webcam, not looking for a 50 year old with a surprising line in filth talk, nor looking for a married man cruising for sex whilst his rather daft wife is in the kitchen making him tea. Not looking for someone laying on his bed in his pants for the entire world to see, not looking for a pilchard who can only string two words together, both of which will be txt spk, or a plank in fake Oakleys who just wants an online peep-show.

I’ve developed a nervous tick in my eye every time I see the following; some chubby middle-aged man with no top on (the result of a considerable amount of pies), the word smile underneath a picture of someone with a face that clearly isn’t, any strap-line where the words Carlsberg or Genuine are evident, black leather sofas, tattoos, Billy-Bob teeth, fag-wizzened faces, insipid vacuous looks or any combination thereof and any middle aged man dressed in 1980s gear who thinks they look young.

I'm really not into ongoing & excessive email/website exchanges that will never get "us" anywhere beyond going around in circles.

She has a tick [sic] in her eye.

Heh - I missed that.

looking for a married man cruising for sex whilst his rather daft wife is in the kitchen making him tea.
    I'll take one of those. Particularly if the rather daft wife will make me tea, too.

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    I'll take one of those. Particularly if the rather daft wife will make me tea, too.
    Aiming a little low there
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessus View Post
    Aiming a little low there
    I'm returning to my previous goal of avoiding emotional involvement.

There's a man goin' 'round, takin' names
    And he decides who to free and who to blame

hehe

Senior Member Evidently Supermarioman's Avatar
    What's up with the 35 guests lurking on our boards?
    Have we gained a cult following?
    I enjoy blank walls.

Crazy huh? I've noticed that happening a few times, usually it dies down. Not sure if it's Digg related or what.

ok so how do 30 guests just vanish at the same time, wtf?

Wraith could check the access logs if he really wanted to, but Reddit and Digg bring hundreds and thousands of hits, not 35...

Quote Originally Posted by Supermarioman View Post
    What's up with the 35 guests lurking on our boards?
    Have we gained a cult following?
    Likely a combination of search engine spiders, lurkers, and registered users not logged in...
    . . .

Visa fraud protection called me today, because I spent $4.99 on Legendary at 1saleaday.com. its not even my first purchase there Also, buying seat covers via the Amazon marketplace counts as a book purchase

Wraith could check the access logs if he really wanted to, but Reddit and Digg bring hundreds and thousands of hits, not 35...
    Sounds like effort. No thank you.

Illusions is probably right about it anyways. Spiders. If you see it again, you can check by looking at the quick links->who's online thing up top. It should identify known spiders and bots. If they're all unknown, they probably belong to a spammer.