Page 62 of 140 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,860 of 4194

Thread: What made you go WTF today?

But then you can't say anything about the med students...
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    But then you can't say anything about the med students...
    Yes, I know this I was just idly wondering if anyone would be interested enough to warrant a more rigorous investigation or if I could get away with just linking to what we already know on the subject
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

You didn't answer my question about the definition
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

After criticism of his remarks, Limbaugh did not back down.

"If we are going to pay for your contraceptives, and thus pay for you to have sex, we want something for it. We want you post the videos online so we can all watch," he said on Thursday.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-17241803

Wow, a new low even for Limbaugh.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-17241803

Wow, a new low even for Limbaugh.
    After criticism of his remarks, Limbaugh did not back down.

"If we are going to pay for your contraceptives, and thus pay for you to have sex, we want something for it. We want you post the videos online so we can all watch," he said on Thursday.

What a prick.

That's actually one of his tame comments on the subject. If you google, you'll find some even more inflammatory ones. Then he "apologized".

He is up to I think 7 advertisers that have jumped ship so far. One of them did an AMA on reddit to talk about how their female dominated company has spent days fielding calls, emails, and social media attacks for how they can/could support his position.

and to no surprise what so ever, Clear channel fully backs his statements
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

I wonder how social conservatives can listen to a drug-addicted, dishonorable, pervert.

I wonder how social conservatives can listen to a drug-addicted, dishonorable, pervert.
    He insults people and groups they don't like, and says other things they like to hear.
    . . .

Same way liberals love their last headlining "drug-addicted, dishonorable, pervert." He's a politician, and like Illusions pointed out, that involves knowing what to say to make the moronic masses love you anyway.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

-- Thomas Jefferson: American Founding Father, clairvoyant and seditious traitor.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenCain View Post
    Same way liberals love their last headlining "drug-addicted, dishonorable, pervert." He's a politician, and like Illusions pointed out, that involves knowing what to say to make the moronic masses love you anyway.
    Most liberals don't have problems with drug-addicts, a lack of manners, or sexual liberalism though.

And Rush's loss of sponsors is up to 8. AOL dropped him.

Is that the remaining AOL demographic? Did all the old people who used them die off?

I actually didn't realize Time Warner still had AOL around for more than a crappy alternative to Yahoo's free email/news/etc services until I realized my friend's parents still use it for their ISP, so I guess there's still a portion of that older demographic still using it. Maybe Time Warner can take all of those AOL sponsorship dollars to upgrade their cable services now.
    Last edited by Echovirus; 03-05-2012 at 08:19 PM.

You're making a distinction without understanding radio, or why certain demographics get "much" of their information from radio personalities.

Quote Originally Posted by Echovirus View Post
    And Rush's loss of sponsors is up to 8. AOL dropped him.
    See, I just don't get why what he said this time was worthy of losing his sponsorships. Just a few months ago he was upset with Obama sending troops to fight some of the worst people in the world by saying he was anti-Christian. I mean, he says ridiculous stuff all the time. He shouldn't have had any self-respecting sponsors for the last few years.

This time the antiRush camp was prepared. They were very organized and ruthless when it came to going after the sponsors. The victim here couldn't have been a better target/rally point.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Quote Originally Posted by wiggin View Post
    See, I just don't get why what he said this time was worthy of losing his sponsorships. Just a few months ago he was upset with Obama sending troops to fight some of the worst people in the world by saying he was anti-Christian. I mean, he says ridiculous stuff all the time. He shouldn't have had any self-respecting sponsors for the last few years.
    Because he went after a common person and did so in an incredibly offensive way. People expect pundits to go after politicians and to say stupid things; they don't expect them to do what Limbaugh did with this woman.

And obviously Obama were looking for a diversion and this presented a great opportunity. Not that I blame the Democrats for taking advantage of it.

Well, we have an updated list of sponsors to jump ship.

• Carbonite
    • ProFlowers
    • Quicken Loans
    • Sleep Train
    • Sleep Number
    • Citrix Systems
    • Legal Zoom
    • AOL
    • AllState Insurance
    • Bonobos Clothing
    • Tax Resolution Services
    • Sears
    • Kmart

The latter two sponsors were reported unintentional and Sears Holdings Corp has since instructed the station involved when to air their ads from now on. But the real kicker is that two stations, so far, have removed Rush from their lineups.

• KPUA-AM (Hawaii)
    • WBEC-FM (Massachusetts)

It's mind boggling that Clear Channel continues to back him and tolerate his blatant disregard for their corporate policies (for as long as he has), even if he does have a contract that runs through 2016. Did he hire the Phelps family of Westboro Baptist Church or somebody else equally detestable to be his legal representation?

Wish I could find the billboard, but there is a semi-famous picture of a clearchannel billbord defaced to add "why radio sucks"

Clear Channel has and always will act in this manner They control so much radio, they don't give a fuck.

EDIT: found it

And the distraction continues...
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

even worse so, the agency that has to fill the advertising slots is using spots from companies that have orders to not be aired during his show, so this is creating a lot of collateral damage. Its shit like that end ups getting shows cancelled.

If you think Limbaugh is going to be cancelled, you're dreaming.

I heard this black dude had a dream once
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessus View Post
    I heard this black dude had a dream once
    He was a bit optimistic
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Limbaugh earned enough millions from sponsors/advertisers to start/buy his own damn radio station. Isn't that what Glenn Beck did, in starting Glenn Beck Radio? Isn't that what all extremists do, after earning enough money from their extremism to call it freeee enterprise?

Quote Originally Posted by wiggin View Post
    If you think Limbaugh is going to be cancelled, you're dreaming.
    Really, a bunch of left-wingers boycotting Rush is like a bunch of vegetarians boycotting McDonalds.

The sponsors will "cancel" their ads until the stink dies down in a month or two, and then once no one cares anymore, they'll be right back to trying to sell their wares to his millions of listeners.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

-- Thomas Jefferson: American Founding Father, clairvoyant and seditious traitor.

abit with a little less music, the 2 artists whos music he used during the rant have pulled permissions for him to use his music. Rush and someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenCain View Post
    Really, a bunch of left-wingers boycotting Rush is like a bunch of vegetarians boycotting McDonalds.

The sponsors will "cancel" their ads until the stink dies down in a month or two, and then once no one cares anymore, they'll be right back to trying to sell their wares to his millions of listeners.
    Yeah, until sponsors want to appeal to broad groups, and Limbaugh doesn't do that. Don Imus and Howard Stearn are examples of contracts gone awry, because sponsors and advertisers bailed out when things got too raunchy...and listeners felt offended.

You should know it's particularly "bad" when right-leaning Republican voters condemned what Limbaugh said.