Page 91 of 140 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,730 of 4194

Thread: What made you go WTF today?

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    wow, how can facebook to fuckbook be described as a "typo"? lol
    Amusingly the A and U, and the E and K are on complete opposite sides of the keyboard and on different rows of it. I don't think such a typo could be made.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    http://www.techspot.com/news/53236-r...-aluminum.html

Transparent aluminum apparently really exists.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Autocorrect?
    Probably the evil Google auto-complete.
    "Wer Visionen hat, sollte zum Arzt gehen." - Helmut Schmidt

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loca...149758275.html

Chong gets arrested for being in the same place as pot, gets locked in a cell for 5 days without care, DEA forgets he is there.

This guy is going to be set for life.
    after getting locked up and forgotten about for 4 days, he has settled with the US for $4 million.
    http://bigstory.ap.org/article/lawye...-dea-left-cell
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Well, he wouldn't have needed to rob a gun store if he already had a gun, no? Makes perfect sense to me.

Govt. subsidization of guns eh? Nice try
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Khendraja'aro View Post
    Transparent aluminum apparently really exists.
    We had a customer call in several months ago and request that we hold several colors of the spray paint we sold in transparent aluminum spray cans. He got irate when we had to inform him that we don't have for sale nor have ever sold any such product. He got even more irate when we had to tell him no such thing exists when he asked if we knew when we were getting them in.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    We had a customer call in several months ago and request that we hold several colors of the spray paint we sold in transparent aluminum spray cans. He got irate when we had to inform him that we don't have for sale nor have ever sold any such product. He got even more irate when we had to tell him no such thing exists when he asked if we knew when we were getting them in.
    Sounds like a guy who def. needs more spray paint
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

In the grocery store parking lot....there was an old pick-up truck with GENERAL LEE spray painted on the back bed door in big letters, with a standard-sized confederate flag flying from a pole mounted behind the driver. Never seen anything like that here before. He was slowly driving around the parking lot (with lots of extra asphalt space due to Sunday shop closings). Really creepy.

I was attacked by a dog today. I'd just crossed a street, brought my kindle back up, and a pit bull came tearing across from the other side of the street I'm on. It didn't manage to bite more than my pants *my favorite pair * before the "owner's cousin" had come across and ordered it off me but what the hell!. I have no idea what set it off on me. Animal Control has already closed for the afternoon, naturally.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

You being a Smarty Pants?
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    You being a Smarty Pants?
    Well I was wearing my smartest-looking pair of pants.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Was the dog an anti-intellectual tea partyer?

Obligatory "maybe it had tried MoO 3 at some point" joke, but damn Fuzz, that's scary
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Apparently there is a seriously weird British 'sport' called Wellie Tossing/Wellie Wanging. I had the dubious privilege of playing it today - you take a rainboot and throw it as far as you can. You Brits are odd.

Somewhat predictably, given that said event happened with my colleagues, we had an impromptu conference to discuss the best way to throw it. We had a good 10 or so doctorates plus another dozen decently trained scientists and engineers trying to work out a basic mechanical model on the backs of our hands. We're guessing a discus-style throwing method would probably do the trick, but we were somewhat at odds about orientation - toe first or heel first? Oh well.

Anywho, Brits, you should learn from the Australians and develop quaint local sports that actually kick ass, like Beach Flags.

Wife carrying!
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Quote Originally Posted by wiggin View Post
    Apparently there is a seriously weird British 'sport' called Wellie Tossing/Wellie Wanging. I had the dubious privilege of playing it today - you take a rainboot and throw it as far as you can. You Brits are odd.

Somewhat predictably, given that said event happened with my colleagues, we had an impromptu conference to discuss the best way to throw it. We had a good 10 or so doctorates plus another dozen decently trained scientists and engineers trying to work out a basic mechanical model on the backs of our hands. We're guessing a discus-style throwing method would probably do the trick, but we were somewhat at odds about orientation - toe first or heel first? Oh well.

Anywho, Brits, you should learn from the Australians and develop quaint local sports that actually kick ass, like Beach Flags.
    Pfff, you think wellie-tossing is odd.

You should try the highly dangerous sport of cheese-rolling, which dates back to the fifteenth century. There's an annual event held in Gloucester.

Lots of cuts, bruises, broken bones and hospitalisations every year, just to catch a piece of double-gloucester cheese rolling down a hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Hehe, funny, we should have done that - we were actually in Gloucester, MA for the day so it would have been apropos.

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wiggin View Post

As far as I know, that's actually a Finnish custom: There even was a world championship in Berlin, organized by the Finnish parent organization.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Yes, there's variants in other countries as well. All you furriners are weird.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wellie_wanging

Back when we had the living community of 3 guys we invented a sport called "drowning ball", but we never made it to get others playing it.
    "Wer Visionen hat, sollte zum Arzt gehen." - Helmut Schmidt

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2013-...nished-by-eu/?

It's quite incredible that a government official would spread such nonsense. When I read the article it was clear to me that what this idiot is talking about is the electronic exchange of documents between administrative units in EU memberstates charged with the execution of legislation in the field of benefits and/or social security.

What the new directive does is replacing not national documents but an already in use standardized set of EU documents. The goal of the new system is that we'll no longer have to print out information about somebody's work and benefits history but will be able to provide this information electronically. There never have been national sigils on the old documents; they are designated by the country of origin, country the document is sent to and a number which indicates the type of information. No EU flags or logo's to be seen anywhere on the documents. AN example would be NL-UK 010, which indicates that the form is sent from The Netherlands to the UK and contains a decision on an application for a benefit.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beeb
    What's it like being called Messiah?

A Tennessee court has banned a couple from naming their son Messiah, saying that only Jesus Christ "earned" that name. So what's it like being called Messiah, asks Tom Geoghegan.

When the judge in Cocke County ordered the parents of seven-month-old Messiah DeShawn Martin to rename him Martin DeShawn McCullough, she argued it would put him "at odds with a lot of people" in a very Christian county.

That's not the experience of Messiah Rhodes, a 26-year-old documentary maker who was raised by his Methodist grandparents in Queens, New York.

"I went to church, not just on Sunday but also on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. I ran a Bible study group when I was 10 or 11. So the ironic thing here is that I grew up in a religious background but no-one was hostile to my name.

"I wasn't treated special, I was like any other kid. And I really didn't think my name was a big deal until I heard the news from Tennessee. How can you force your faith or belief on somebody else? In Tennessee, the church and state are too close together."

Rhodes, who has a half-sister called Emma, says he doesn't know why his parents chose that name. There were moments when he wished they hadn't, but the jokes about being the "Chosen One" were usually good natured.

His Jewish dentist greets him with the words: "The Messiah is here and needs his cavities taken out." There was just one unpleasant incident, when a stranger launched a venomous rant on the subway, screaming at him that he wasn't the Messiah.

There were 762 American baby boys named Messiah last year, and that figure is growing. The Social Security Administration ranks it the fourth fastest-growing name for baby boys - it leapt from 633rd in 2011 to 387th in 2012. And it's not just a boy's name or a first name.

What makes this judge's intervention more surprising is that, unlike many other countries, the US does not have a list of banned baby names.

Indeed, some parents may regard an unconventional name as an important expression of their freedom of speech, enshrined in the US constitution, and off-beat names like Mustard, Post Office and Enamel have never troubled the authorities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

WTF? What's that "judge" say about names like Jesus?

To be fair Jesus is a name that was never unique so it'd be odd to make it so now while Messiah/Christ were not names but titles.

Though the judge is still wrong.

Wasn't sure whether to put this in WTF or Happy: Man fired after Tweeting asking dealers to come to his workplace as he wanted a spliff only for the Police to retweet adding "Awesome! Can we come?"
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-23706720
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/08/2...-crash-victim/

helmet cam shows firefighters did in fact run over one of the plane crash survivors. therefore the problem is with their actions being recorded, not the fact that they ran someone over.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."