Page 140 of 140 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140
Results 4,171 to 4,194 of 4194

Thread: What made you go WTF today?

"One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

more nightmare fuel:

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Horrible things can be hilarious, but sometimes just laughing at the wrong thing is plain horrible.
    Congratulations America

Crypto currency, wtf? The US now has the crypto.com stadium ($700 million for a twenty year contract), and Matt Damon is doing paid commercials for crypto.com. New York's new mayor took his first salary in bitcoin, and even my grocery store has a bitcoin currency kiosk! But a couple was recently arrested for stealing $4.5 BILLION in crypto currency, because the bitcoin blockchain technology isn't so great for privacy after all?

What is the fuck is happening?

People like money. People are stupid. You combine the two and you get the modern crypto craze.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Is this an extension of the Gambling mentality (which also doesn't make sense) or something more pernicious (reluctance to regulate)?

A bunch of predominantly young people who are not at all financially savvy but seeing their friends make a ton of money. So jealousy, fear of missing out, convincing (to impressionable young people) advertising, etc.

Elon Musk wannabes? That doesn't explain why large financial institutes are buying into bitcoin/crypto currency craze. Or does it?

They're not. At least not in any significant amount. Some are trying to profit from it. Because they also realize the points I made above.

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    What is the fuck is happening?
    MFers trying to create exit liquidity is what's happening.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

My cell phone stopped working. Couldn't take or make calls. Didn't know it until my son texted me saying his calls went straight to voicemail. My voicemail box was empty and the phone log didn't show any of his calls.

Long story short, my phone was using 3G, which is obsolete now, but I didn't get any notification from ATT. Mea Culpa? Soooo I went to an ATT store to get help, and they told me I could get a FREE replacement phone, but I'd have to use another phone that used ATT to ask for it. (I don't know anyone else using ATT, and they wouldn't do it for me there) Sooo I went home and tried to use the internet for customer service, but they told me to CALL them because the chatbot couldn't solve my problem. But my phone can't make calls. What a clusterfuck.

This is the first year that my daughter has received a more complete discussion in school about the Holocaust. You want to guess what the class's main question was? They didn't know how they'd be able to sleep standing up in a cattle car. So after what sounds like some spirited back and forth discussion, the first graders determined that they could probably just lean on their neighbors to get a solid night's rest.

Glad to hear they have a plan.
    "When I meet God, I am going to ask him two questions: Why relativity? And why turbulence? I really believe he will have an answer for the first." - Werner Heisenberg (maybe)

"When I meet God, I am going to ask him two questions: Why relativity? And why turbulence? I really believe he will have an answer for the first." - Werner Heisenberg (maybe)

Sadly, this is going to get worse before it gets better. And there are huge implications for entire graduate programs where Chinese nationals make up something close to a majority of the grad students.

2nd Amendment just handed out more Darwin Awards. What were these people thinking? I mean going to school while being human, in America?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/wh...5eb6d6d5c&ei=8
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Many of you are still here, but so many are gone. I hope my post finds you all well.
    I GIVE GOOD GAME.... SPACE ME

wow, welcome back! More activity* on the discord server these days, I think

*weird

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanWoman View Post
    Many of you are still here, but so many are gone. I hope my post finds you all well.
    Hi again and welcome back!

Hi, American Woman.

I consider myself fairly well educated, especially when it comes to healthcare and insurance. But I was shocked to learn that if you don't apply for Medicare within +/- 3 months of your 65th birthday, you have to pay a penalty fee when you do apply (added to your monthly premium) for the rest of your life.

And those 'Advantage Plans' are incentivized by getting thousands of dollars for every person they sign up, and each time a patient gets a "well check", even tho they are basically an HMO/PPO that will deny any claims outside their Network.

The US is not serious about healthcare in any way. But it sure does enrich a bunch of investors/shareholders! Go go USA #1

In a local Amsterdam newspaper I read about a house in central Amsterdam that has been occupied by squatters. And then they just like that threw in that the building was owned by a mrs Habsburg-Lotharingen and that it was in use by her daughter as a yoga studio.

For you linguistically impaired people: that would be the Dutch version of the imperial house of Habsburg-Lorraine. The same family whose crown has been on the coat of arms of the city since 1489. The only way this news could be funnier if the building had been on the Keizersgracht (Imperial Canal).
    Congratulations America

Sounds like a job for the new Wagner.

Looks like Alberjohns became president of Argentina.