Page 134 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136 ... LastLast
Results 3,991 to 4,020 of 4194

Thread: What made you go WTF today?

By 11:40am this morning my coworkers and I managed to order 7 slices of free cheesecake to celebrate the cheesecake factory's 40th birthday. Its 1:30pm and only 2 orders have been delivered. 7 orders all placed within 10 minutes, and they used 7 different door dash delivery drivers.

The gig economy has a long way to go still.

and of course, the police have been roped into it.
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 12-05-2018 at 06:15 PM.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Just how toxic can american religion become?

https://www.lionsroar.com/conservati...ublic-schools/
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Just how toxic can american religion become?

https://www.lionsroar.com/conservati...ublic-schools/
    Said one caller on Sekulow’s radio program, “This is toxic ideology. This goes beyond just bad education. This could be corrupting our children’s eternal souls. I have two small children, and I don’t want them sitting around just thinking about creation and goodness and peace. I mean, if my two angels, who are innocent, are gonna be learning about explorers, they should be learning about Jesus or Trump.”

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

“Hillary Clinton is in end stage Parkinson’s disease and she’s having these choking spells because that’s what happens when you get to the end stage of it,”
    “She is the victim of an evil family that cursed her as a little girl and made her enveloped by a trans-dimensional demonic entity,” Deagle said. “Same way as many of these people who are at a high level in [Free] Masonry, they give their soul over to the dark side and then it’s too damn late, they don’t realize what they’ve done.”
    http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/b...the-dark-side/
    There's a man goin' 'round, takin' names
    And he decides who to free and who to blame

Subthread: Things I don't understand.

Why would thousands of people want to be in NYC Times Square on New Year's Eve? Why would they plan time off work, make plane and hotel reservations months in advance, to stand in (usually) bad weather, with the heightened security measures that mean they can't even carry a flask of gin? I don't get it.

It's a Thing.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Ex-House Speaker Republican Conservative John Boehner is hawking Cannabis. lol

Started a new job recently and just had to complete "active shooter" training. In the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Unheard Of View Post
    Started a new job recently and just had to complete "active shooter" training. In the UK.
    I got one at my last job, not a happy training no. But 1/3 of active shooter situations are work related and 1/3 education, and I worked on a university campus where you have both. Glad to say I never needed that training (or the fire fighting and first aid for that matter).
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Lewk's paradise. 1-2 years in prison for stealing $2. With the additional catch that the criminals are pensioners.

https://www.bbc.com/news/stories-47033704
    Hope is the denial of reality

I had dinner the other night with a very pleasant couple, one of whom was a relatively minor ex-official of the State Department. Only after they left did I learn that as part of this job, they were the stars of a reality TV show about their lives that actually got substantial viewership in the country they were working in.

Diplomacy is super weird.
    "When I meet God, I am going to ask him two questions: Why relativity? And why turbulence? I really believe he will have an answer for the first." - Werner Heisenberg (maybe)

Yemen Got Talent?

Well, sorta.
    "When I meet God, I am going to ask him two questions: Why relativity? And why turbulence? I really believe he will have an answer for the first." - Werner Heisenberg (maybe)

I'm just gonna leave this here for y'all

Nope, not done with this day yet:

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/ip-law...ademark-claims

When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Most WTF story so far this month:

https://edition-m.cnn.com/2019/03/13...rus/index.html

When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Conservative thought-leader. That's not even the weirdest picture he used.

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Some of those morons even ask: "Why don't we ever talk about the opportunities which climate change will provide?"

And then say that things like ocean acidification are "very complicated". One particular idiot even said that the increased CO2 will help shellfish building up their shells. I'm not sure where he missed the "acid" part.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

And his solution to climate change is....for "us" to have more babies. Mike Lee (R-Utah) must drink the same kool-aid as Steve King (R-Iowa) who said we can't replenish our culture with other people's babies.

Yeah, he's the guy who also posted that "civil war" meme https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.bde467dcd73a

My local grocery store is under construction.....making changes for their new order-on-line/home delivery services. I watched them putting in rows of refrigerated glass holding cases from the self check-out line, which seemed rather ironic. And I bumped into a new computerized sweeper beeping down the aisles. It was tall and thin, and I said "excuse me" before realizing what it was. haha Then I noticed a shopper pushing a cart with "Cashier Test" on the handlebar. I asked an employee about it all, but she had no clue.

Even weirder was that when I got home, one of their grocery trucks was circling my apartment complex, looking for the right address for their delivery. I spoke with the driver's assistant and helped them figure out where to go (why weren't they using GPS?). They only charge $6.99 for delivery, first 90 days free, and will bring groceries up 3 flights of stairs and into your house/apartment. I wonder if they're paid minimum wage and rely on tips?

The future is here. Are drive-up and drive-thrus slowly becoming obsolete....when everything can be delivered to your door?

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ence-this-year

I'm actually looking forward to Devolver's E3 press conference this year.

This probably deservesa a thread on it's own but it looks like Huawei is in a really bad position.
    At least in smartphone segment. I would expect other companies, such as ZTE, to also get problems?
    Not sure if Trumps blacklist is bad or good right now. It can potentially backfire in a few years.

Today news got out that pretty much could be a quick end to using ARM architectures. Not sure what they can do if that is the case, RISC-V?
    https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-48363772

...and looks like Android/Google services that makes Android usable as a smartphone is at a critical stage. Requires major work to do something about, pretty much need a new sw platform to stand on.
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKCN1SP0NB

So don't buy a Huawei telephone.
    (ok, I guess current will be uneffected for some time but I'm not sure)

The ARM license made me go WTF. Goes to show we need something else than Intel and ARM Holdings.
    (*cough* a server mature RISC-V (open source) architecture)

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Going RISC-V will take a lot of time. The RISC-V architecture is distributed as a sort-of high-level concept which means that the actual implementation of the circuitry has to be done by yourself (in contrast to ARM where a license gives you a concrete implementation of the core). The concepts for RISC-V which are out there also usually are for research and development, i.e. not very optimized.

So, first you need to design an actual chip - that takes about six months. Only then can you really get down to firmware development and drivers. Plus, there will inevitably be bugs as there always are some with a chip designed from scratch.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?