Page 128 of 140 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,840 of 4194

Thread: What made you go WTF today?

Church collapses in Kenya and CNN has a report phoned in from Johannesburg.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    Church collapses in Kenya and CNN has a report phoned in from Johannesburg.
    "Africa-correspondent"
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Ditto. That's probably their only remaining correspondent I'm Africa. This is a major issue in journalism.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Is this fake news?

No I mean the part about not knowing that Obamacare = ACA

Oh, there are definitely people like that. And rather sad to say that I'm even related to more than a handful of such people.

The states won by Trump have the highest Obamacare enrollment. We have more than a few "dense motherfuckers" in this country.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

http://www.vox.com/identities/2017/3...ves-immigrants

Ben Carson is for reals the weirdest person in US politics.

"In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

And youth unemployment, as the author aptly pointed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Kinda crazy.

For my Italian Restaurant as marketing I regularly take photos of the food and post them on Facebook and Twitter. Today I posted a collage of four meals with a caption of their names but after I posted it, Facebook decided when showing it to me to "translate it to English" which was gibberish. It was translated from Italian. Except the names are correctly in Italian and what they should be called in English. Plus it was capitalised as a proper noun.

I don't want all my customers who follow the restaurant to see gibberish English translations of names of meals that's dumb. Even if the translations were accurate it would still be improper to translate them, you don't translate names.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

That'll teach you to put Spaghetti alla puttanesca on the menu

LOL!

Technology is not my friend this week it seems. My phone has had a software update and it has completely screwed up my predictive text. It is not just autocorrecting typos to the wrong word it is in fact replacing correctly spelt words with incorrect ones. It is also taking correctly spelt nouns and randomly capitalising the first letter of them for no clear reason. It's like every third or fourth word in some sentences. Keep having to go back and replace they capitalised letter with a lower case one manually.

Samsung S7 Edge.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Change keyboard settings including autocorrect, clear keyboard app data or switch to a better keyboard app of which there are dozens I've been using SwiftKey for about a million years

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    That'll teach you to put Spaghetti alla puttanesca on the menu

I must say that sometimes it does get a bit silly when all dinners are called exactly what's in there except in Italian to make it sounds nicer. Up to a point it's nice but some places push it a bit too far
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

The ban on bigger electronic devices. I can't say I am very surprised because I have noticed over the last few months that my iPad consistently was the subject of closer inspection at the security checks in both Amsterdam and Istanbul, but it would still be annoying if I'd have to check Luggage just for my iPad, as I usually travel back to Holland without checked baggage in order to not have to wait till kingdom come for my Luggage to arrive on the belt. With Luggage it takes me about 2 hours after touchdown to get home. Without it's usually 1 hour.
    Congratulations America

Front page of today's Daily Mail

I mean, using an exclamation mark to denote a question. Come on!
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Nice example of blatant sexism.
    Congratulations America

That's right Daily Mail, just like the text overrun the blue box onto the photo on your stupid-ass, vile, sexist headline, it's not like that's the front page of a national newspaper or anything.

Like, did they farm the front page out to an intern that day or something?
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

At least they weren't asked what type of knickers they prefer.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4420760.stm

Overslept this morning and was app not awake and in a hurry i managed to put in two different shoes without noticing
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

American Immigration

So. On thursday I am off across continental France on a 6-day road-trip from the UK right down to Nîmes near the French south coast, with a buddy of mine, to dress up as barbarians and fight gladiatorial combat against Roman gladiators, as part of a 3-day annual Roman re-enactment spectacular involving around 2,000 participants. Don't ask.

My buddy's partner is also good friends with my partner, so while we're behaving strangely in the South of France, they've booked a trip together to New York on a shopping and sightseeing jolly.

I have just found out that while filling out the online ESTA application form for entry into the US, my buddy's partner inadvertently ticked a box stating that she has a conviction for drug dealing. Yes, really.

After recovering from fits of laughter, I hear that her ESTA application has been rejected, and she cannot enter the US, as you would expect.

She now has the tricky, most likely impossible task of somehow explaining to US immigration authorities that she has no convictions of any sort, let alone drug dealing, and this was just a complete and utter accident. Wrong box ticked. Now my buddy, her partner, is an immigration lawyer, working out of a small practice in London. So he knows the intricacies of immigration applications as well as anyone, so we're hoping he may be able to wrangle through this. She has been to the US many times before, both business and pleasure, which may stand her in good stead.

If no joy, then she's going to be kicking herself for years to come, and I suppose may face the prospect of being permanently barred from entry into the US.
    And my partner will be off to NY on her lonesome self.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Timbuk, if you accidentally tick off the wrong box, there's an email address to contact, and they're actually pretty good at straightening things out.