Page 2 of 140 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: What made you go WTF today?

Default Re: No one made the WTF thread yet

Pretend it was a whispered suggestion from a lover during passionate discourse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Default Re: No one made the WTF thread yet

I can deal with it in that context.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Default Re: What made you go WTF today?

Officials in Germany say eight teenagers were hospitalized after a test of courage in which they drank chili sauce more than 200 times hotter than typical Tabasco sauce.

The Red Cross in the southern city of Augsburg says that 10 boys, aged 13 and 14, year drank the sauce Wednesday morning, apparently in school.

The German news agency DAPD quoted the Red Cross as saying the boys complained of feeling sick, and eight were taken to a hospital. They were to be kept in overnight for observation.

The Red Cross said that on the Scoville scale, which measures the hotness of sauce, the sauce measured 535,000 — compared to 2,500 for normal Tabasco sauce.
    Ah, to be young and stupid.

I want some of that sauce. I love my food hot hot hot.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

International hotel chain Holiday Inn is offering a trial human bed-warming service at three hotels in Britain this month.

If requested, a willing staff-member at two of the chain's London hotels and one in the northern English city of Manchester will dress in an all-in-one fleece sleeper suit before slipping between the sheets.

"The new Holiday Inn bed warmers service is a bit like having a giant hot water bottle in your bed," Holiday Inn spokeswoman Jane Bednall said in an e-mailed statement.

The bed-warmer is equipped with a thermometer to measure the bed's required temperature of 20 degrees Celsius (68 Fahrenheit).

Holiday Inn said the warmer would be fully dressed and leave the bed before the guest occupied it. They could not confirm if the warmer would shower first, but said hair would be covered.

Florence Eavis, Holiday Inn spokeswoman told Reuters that the "innovative" bed-warming method was a response to Britain's recent cold weather and marked the launch of 3,200 new Holiday Inns worldwide.

She could not explain why the beds were not being warmed by hot water bottles or electric-blankets, but admitted the human method was quirky.

Holiday Inn are promoting the service with the help of sleep-expert Chris Idzikowski, director of the Edinburgh Sleep Center, who said the idea could help people sleep.

"There's plenty of scientific evidence to show that sleep starts at the beginning of the night when body temperature starts to drop," he said. "A warm bed — approximately 20 to 24 Celsius — is a good way to start this process whereas a cold bed would inhibit sleep."
    Pity they won't let you keep the bedwarmer in the bed with you. That would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged
    Pity they won't let you keep the bedwarmer in the bed with you. That would be awesome.
    Considering they'd be approaching this economically, they'd want to employ someone who could cover as much surface area of the bed in one bed-warming job as possible...

. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions

Considering they'd be approaching this economically, they'd want to employ someone who could cover as much surface area of the bed in one bed-warming job as possible...

Fatties have poor circulation in their extremities, would this reflect poorly on their bed-warming capabilities? Sounds like a non-trivial question.
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessus
    Fatties have poor circulation in their extremities, would this reflect poorly on their bed-warming capabilities? Sounds like a non-trivial question.
    Double blind experiments will be needed, as will a selection of fat, and non-fat persons.
    . . .

Seeing munchkin use the word 'fuck'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

A Georgia woman is in jail after police say she forced her son to kill his pet hamster with a hammer as punishment for bad grades.

The sheriff of rural Meriwether County told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution Thursday that the 12-year-old boy told his teacher about the killing. The teacher reported it to the Division of Family and Child Services, who contacted police.

Sheriff Steve Whitlock said 38-year-old Lynn Middlebrooks Geter of Warm Springs faces one charge each of animal cruelty, child cruelty and battery.

The sheriff's office said she remained in the Meriwether County jail early Friday. It was not immediately known if she had a lawyer.

Meriwether County is located about 90 minutes southwest of Atlanta
    Is the battery against the hamster?

Does sacrificing a hamster bring about better school performance in Ga., or did the poor little thing fail to tutor the child as promised?
    The worst job in the world is better than being broke and homeless

First post, but I've lurked for a little while. Hi!

Rape victim receives 101 lashes for becoming pregnant.

A 16-year-old girl who was raped in Bangladesh has been given 101 lashes for conceiving during the assault.

The girl's father was also fined and warned the family would be branded outcasts from their village if he did not pay.

...Her rapist was pardoned by the elders. She told the newspaper the rapist had "spoiled" her life.
    Last edited by Pop Tart; 01-25-2010 at 08:11 PM.

Welcome and stuff, then, Pop Tart.

I would start a thread about this, but I've done enough damage for one day.

Toyota NA is stopping production/sales and recalling several popular models because of that sticky accelerator/floor matt problem. This is some stunning news with several millions of dollars and a reputation at stake.

I have a bare bones '08 Toyota Yaris, and the driver floor matt is connected to a small wedge device that keeps it in place. WTF is going on?

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    I would start a thread about this, but I've done enough damage for one day.

Toyota NA is stopping production/sales and recalling several popular models because of that sticky accelerator/floor matt problem. This is some stunning news with several millions of dollars and a reputation at stake.

I have a bare bones '08 Toyota Yaris, and the driver floor matt is connected to a small wedge device that keeps it in place. WTF is going on?
    Don't get me started on cars. I was looking at a Alfa GT JTD 1.9 2006/2007, lovely looking motor, good price but researched the car a little and found out that they suffer from a quite major cambelt/waterpump issue. I don't think Alfa are being much help and having seen the costs of replacing the parts all thats left for me now is to call them 'Fuckers'!

I want reliability, i thought Alfa had sorted out their reputation god damnit.

Didn't you used to work for Lotus, Lor? WTF is going on with once reliable auto manufacturers giving up their reputations? (Not to mention possible injuries and deaths from simple things like floor matts sticking under accelerators)

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    Didn't you used to work for Lotus, Lor? WTF is going on with once reliable auto manufacturers giving up their reputations? (Not to mention possible injuries and deaths from simple things like floor matts sticking under accelerators)
    I certainly did work there, haven't worked there for over 4 years now . Good place to be at the moment in respect to the new Evora/Esprit replacement and the F1 team (Not owned by Group Lotus PLC but they are assisting in the engineering i believe).

No idea whats going on either way (in respects to the auto market). Alfa always had this rep as the cars were really unreliable but i thought they got better. I've been looking at BMW, Merc's and a few others as a replacement to my current car but I've had people tell me to stay away from BMW for example. I always thought BMW's were pretty reliable motors.

It's not like Toyota to cock up either, not quite sure if it's only the american production thats affected mind you.

The residents of the Olde Lexington Gardens subdivsion had a gang problem.

The two leaders of the gang were attacking residents, kicking and biting them. The gang leaders would get right in the face of anyone who crossed their path, chasing residents back into their homes.

Then the whole gang of six, including several females, would attack; climbing onto the homeowners roof, refusing to come down; tearing up their lawn.

Sometimes the entire gang would gather in the street, making a ruckus and blocking traffic in the neighborhood.

Neighbors decided they'd had enough, the gang had to go. A plan was hatched to kill the two gang leaders.

Armed men were contacted and on Tuesday morning, both gang leaders were hunted down and killed.

All of the gang members are wild turkeys. A group of turkeys is called a gang; like a herd of cattle or a gaggle of geese.

The two toms in the gang had become used to humans and turned aggressive. After they attacked several people in the neighbor, the Department of Natural Resources was called and it was decided to euthanize the toms.

DNR officials said moving the turkeys would only transfer the problem to another location.

The female turkeys, known as hens, will be allowed to stay in the neighborhood since they weren't aggressive towards humans.

Residents of the Olde Lexington Gardens subdivsion said with the gang leaders gone, they won't feel like they're trapped inside their homes.
    !

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    Seeing munchkin use the word 'fuck'.
    Actually, I use it quite often!
    I don't have a problem with authority....I just don't like being told what to do!Remember, the toes you step on today may be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!RIP Fluffy! 01-07-09 I'm so sorry Fluffster! People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life! My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

Climate science is under assault, progress towards a treaty to end global warming is shuddering to a halt, and Barack Obama is struggling to press on with his clean energy agenda.

This was the last conversion to the environmental cause that anybody would have wanted.

In a new audiotape that surfaced today on the al-Jazeera network, Osama bin Laden has pronounced himself a believer in climate change and blames America and other industrialised economies for failing to rein in greenhouse gas emissions that are warming the atmosphere...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environmen...climate-change
    Hope is the denial of reality

Didn't Bin Laden's family make their wealth in the oil industry?

No, construction.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Andrew Young, the ex-aide to embattled two-time former Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards, says he has an alleged sex tape depicting the former senator and his then-mistress Rielle Hunter – and that the tape is in a safe-deposit box.

"We were offered millions for that stupid tape," he tells PEOPLE. He says he and his wife Cheri found the tape in "a box of trash filled with crinkled paper and tapes" left behind by Hunter. He says they never considered selling it: "We couldn't live with ourselves."

Young, 43, served as an aide to Edwards for more than nine years. Just before the 2008 presidential primaries began, he agreed – at Edwards' behest, he says – to publicly claim paternity for the baby being carried by Hunter, 45. Young details the deception in his new tell-all book, The Politician, out today.

On Jan. 21, Edwards – who told PEOPLE on Jan. 27 that he still "deeply cares" about Elizabeth – admitted that he is the father of Hunter's 2-year-old daughter, Frances Quinn.

Young says that when he and Cheri first watched the sex tape – which was marked "special" – "we just fell on the floor. We were agape." Adds Cheri: "It was disappointing to see the person you had such hopes and dreams for be so careless."

Now Hunter is fighting back. On Jan. 28, she filed a motion against Young in a North Carolina court. It seeks the return of photos and videos, including one she says she made in 2006 while working for Edwards.

"In or about September 2006, using my video camera, I authored a personal video recording that depicted matters of a very private and personal nature," Hunter wrote in an affidavit filed Thursday. "In 2006, I was also having an intimate relationship with Edwards."

Also in the affidavit, Hunter says the tape was in a "hat box" in her rental home and that it was taken without her consent to "generate publicity."

Another point of confusion: Young said in The Politician that the naked woman depicted in the video was pregnant. Hunter had Quinn in 2008, more than a year after she says her "private" video was made.

Young says he cannot comment on the "ongoing litigation" in regard to Hunter. A court date was set for Monday, the same day Young is scheduled to give his first live television interview.

"We may lose the battle only because we don't have the money or power that John and Elizabeth do," says Young. "We also don't have friends in the judicial system like they do. But we do know the truth and we have the determination to get it out."
    He's still no Bill Clinton, though.

Well this wasn't exactly today but still.

Congratulations America

Senior Member Evidently Supermarioman's Avatar

Adults have no legitimate reason to play Animal Crossing, apparently.
    I enjoy blank walls.

Homeless and too drunk for the shelter?
    Sleep in a day old porta john.

Homeless and want to get arrested?
    Tip over the porta johns cause they're all occupied for the night, and then come back to the location when the daily sheriff shows up.

On the plus side, I'm dealing with about a dozen less homeless today

Breast reduction for men is the fastest growing part of the cosmetic surgery industry in Britain for the second year in a row, the British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons reports.

The organization saw an 80% increase in surgery to reduce the size of "moobs," from 323 in 2008 to 581 last year.

Much of the incentive comes from widespread attention to the oft-displayed physiques, obtained through non-surgical means, of such sports figures and actors as David Beckham and Matthew McConaughey.

"Many men are feeling the pressure from men's magazines that weren't even being published five or six years ago," says consultant plastic surgeon Rajiv Grover, a BAAPS official, the BBC reports. "In addition, they are just realizing that they can get something done about it."

But Grover also notes that men also have other alternatives to gynaecomastia, the official name for male breast reduction.

"Quite a few cases are caused by obesity," he says. "And we often say to men to look at their lifestyles before thinking about the scalpel."
    I'm curious - if you get your moobs reduced, but still have a beer gut, are you as sexy as Beckham?

Since when was Becks sexy? He's from Leytonstone - that says alot - i can assure you.

Sorry Lor, he's hot. Never heard him speak or read a thing about him other than he's married to a Spice Girl, but he's hot.

Christ woman, whats wrong with you!?