Page 132 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,960 of 4194

Thread: What made you go WTF today?

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    That's a sad story but what exactly should the facility have done?

They attempted to contact family. They contacted several agencies and she refused to accept their help.
    The police managed to remove her from the facility without using handcuffs. So how did she end up in handcuffs? The break in communications (and SOPs) between agencies should concern everyone, even you!

https://thinkprogress.org/kansas-rep...0ace5d0b0/amp/

Republicans say the DARNDEST things.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Amazed at the fubar internal "communications" at tech-comm companies. ATT, comcast, etc, it's the same damn story. They promise things to the consumer that they can't do within their own company. Fast, simple, easy? hahaha the joke's on us

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    https://thinkprogress.org/kansas-rep...0ace5d0b0/amp/

Republicans say the DARNDEST things.
    Note that he didn't even apologise but defend his statement.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

I'm telling you, this party is FUBAR. We all saw it coming.

Putin's trolling of the EU continues:

https://www.thelocal.fr/20180123/dri...s-at-the-wheel

Quote Originally Posted by Beeb
    Nutella 'riots' spread across French supermarkets

A discount on Nutella has led to violent scenes in a chain of French supermarkets, as shoppers jostled to grab a bargain on the sweet spread.

Intermarché supermarkets offered a 70% discount on Nutella, bringing the price down from €4.50 (£3.90) to €1.40.

But police were called when people began fighting and pushing one another.

"They are like animals. A woman had her hair pulled, an elderly lady took a box on her head, another had a bloody hand," one customer told French media.

A member of staff at one Intermarché shop in central France told the regional newspaper Le Progrès: "We were trying to get in between the customers but they were pushing us."

All of their stock was snapped up within 15 minutes and one customer was given a black eye, the report adds.

Similar scenes have been reported across France, with some being described as "riots"

Some 365 million kilos of Nutella is consumed every year in 160 countries around the world.

It was created by the Ferrero family in the 1940s in the Piedmont region of Italy, which is famed for its hazelnuts.

The firm said it regretted Thursday's violence, but noted that the discount had been unilaterally decided by Intermarché.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

No, that one I actually understand.

stuff does nothing for me
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Because you are dead inside

because of too little Nutella!!

Disagree

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Realistically speaking men and women often have different desires and buying patterns. I really don't understand why people would be all but hurt about it.

Because you can incorporate gender allowances without claiming its a mens/women only thing. Good example would be Ford putting their engineers in drag to figure out how to make their vehicles more accessible. But you don't see hands free lift gate being marketed a woman's feature.

besides, that finger coating powder is the only thing that makes Doritos any good. and thats my wife's opinion.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Because you can incorporate gender allowances without claiming its a mens/women only thing. Good example would be Ford putting their engineers in drag to figure out how to make their vehicles more accessible. But you don't see hands free lift gate being marketed a woman's feature.

besides, that finger coating powder is the only thing that makes Doritos any good. and thats my wife's opinion.
    I don't think the marketing effort would claim its an *only* mens/women thing. But marketing does this ALL the time. "Strong enough for a man, made for a woman." Marketing towards moms is another common item. Hell marketing is also age based too... society gets segmented into various groups based on purchasing power and effectiveness.

What's next, Macho Cheese Doritos?

I don't know why, but it made me laugh to think the CEO is launching a smaller (and easier to eat) chip because she's a woman. As if their marketing department didn't already make snack bags for kids and grown-up lunchboxes...and "finger lickin' good" wasn't already a great market campaign.

If they want to do something better, make the damn bag easier to open. Maybe put a zip closure on the 'family size' or something. I wouldn't mind a slightly smaller one-bite Dorito chip, but it's not because it's "un-lady-like" to crunch in public or lick my fingers. haha

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    What's next, Macho Cheese Doritos?

I don't know why, but it made me laugh to think the CEO is launching a smaller (and easier to eat) chip because she's a woman. As if their marketing department didn't already make snack bags for kids and grown-up lunchboxes...and "finger lickin' good" wasn't already a great market campaign.

If they want to do something better, make the damn bag easier to open. Maybe put a zip closure on the 'family size' or something. I wouldn't mind a slightly smaller one-bite Dorito chip, but it's not because it's "un-lady-like" to crunch in public or lick my fingers. haha
    So this is how false news works. A female CEO makes some of the cuff remarks about product developement in general and next thing you know the entire internet is abuzz about lady doritoes.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    So this is how false news works. A female CEO makes some of the cuff remarks about product developement in general and next thing you know the entire internet is abuzz about lady doritoes.
    No CEO makes "off the cuff" remarks about product development, especially not the CEO of a global brand like Pepsico or its Frito Lay subsidiaries. That's why her remarks went viral. And no, this isn't false news or fake news. Maybe it's just routine marketing propaganda designed to get people talking about a product, and sell more of it.

Yesterday we had 3 inches of snow. Today we had an inch of rain. Tomorrow it's going to be 70 degrees. WTF

Friend sent me this. Gender and age based health insurance pricing with varying employer contributions to match. Already missing obamacare.

Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 02-20-2018 at 08:33 PM.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Oh oh oh I know this one but it's too dark so I can't bear to write it.

Linda Belcher is a real person.

Hope is the denial of reality

We've never seen the window of pedo run for his open seat either. This might be an outlier, but the tally is 37-4 for seat flops.

We can only hope she opens a burger joint after retirement.

Not really WTF at this point, but still.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/s...h-jewish-blood

Imagine the same obstacles for simply being a woman

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Latest idiotic reasoning by a Trumpster:

No one dies from lack of healthcare insurance. They die because they don't go to a doctor.

Yes. Those two things are completely independent of each other
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Was it this motherfucker?