Thread: What made you go WTF today?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    (CNN) -- The diabetes drug Avandia is linked with tens of thousands of heart attacks, and drugmaker GlaxoSmithKline knew of the risks for years but worked to keep them from the public, according to a Senate committee report released Saturday.
    The 334-page report by the Senate Finance Committee also criticized the Food and Drug Administration, saying that the federal agency that regulates food, tobacco and medications overlooked or overrode safety concerns found by its staff.
    Whoops!
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessus View Post
    Whoops!
    Chantix - A drug to help users quit smoking by mimicking nicotine. Most Notable Side Effect In My Opinion (MNSEIMO): Vivid and easily re-callable strange/unsettling dreams.

Ambien - A drug to help people sleep. MNSEIMO: Sleep anything. Sleep walking, sleep eating, sleep raping, sleep sex, sleep driving your car a few dozen miles and murdering someone, sleep dear all that is holy where did all this blood come from, where are my pants, and why am I in the back of a minivan with a very happy looking German shepherd and half a hooker.

Alli - A drug to help people lose weight by blocking a portion of protein absorption. MNSEIMO: Well, the protein that gets blocked has to go somewhere. I'll give you a few hints, they suggest not eating too much of it, making sure that you have a bathroom readily available and quickly accessible, and that if you get the urge to go, don't ignore it.
    . . .