Thread: Factorio

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Switching off a station (rather than switching off the path) worked much better thank you! Though it then triggered an irritating flickering, like accumulator switches can cause, where multiple trains would go to the same station only for the first to act then then station to switch off to the waiting trains. So I designed an "SR Latch" like I use for Steam backup power.

EG a copper train with 4 carriages can lift 8000 copper ore in one train, so I set the station to switch off if it falls below 8000 waiting ore, but to only switch back on when it has 24k+ waiting ore.

Similarly with an ore unload station I set it to switch off if it has over 40k ore in stock, but to switch back on with 24k remaining.

Could probably cope with other numbers but going with that for now. For next time I restart I think I will try and sooner separate my ore processing from the main base - ore processing takes a ton of space and processed plates have double the stack as unprocessed plates so no reason to be shifting unprocessed ore to the base. As well as potentially having green circuit processing away from the base too. Green circuits are required in everything!

EDIT: Its fun rille! Give it a go

EDIT2: You appear to have multiple station names on top of each other wraith, how have you done that? Are they separate stops that happen to be close, or the same stop, or stops basically touching each other so they're one long stop? I'm guessing the later with filters to ensure the chests get the right goods?

EDIT3: Current map. Solar Farm is now taking nearly as much space as the rest of my complex put together. The rail on the East is a horrible mess, it would around existing buildings (especially my orginal solar farm) and was built using the pathfinder so it is rather awkward but works. Trains driving on the right rather than the left, then the left rather than the right and so on but they cross over fine where required. North, South and West and I've designed a shape that works then stamped it down using blueprints. Took a bit of figuring out, kept making mistakes on corners. Only issue currently is that to turn around a train has to pretty much go the full circuit of the map then turn around. Your regular roundabouts look cool I think I'll need to figure out how to do a roundabout.
    Current Map:
    Last edited by RandBlade; 01-20-2020 at 12:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.