Thread: Factorio

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Cool I'll give it a go.

For a challenge try the Supply scenario. It ramps up every six(ish) minutes demanding certain products to be supplied into boxes that then disappear once you put them in. The game prompts what you need to produce this round and what will be added to your production demands in the next round.

Starts off simple, just stone in round one, but goes up from there, after a few rounds you need to eg give a load of iron plates, iron cogs, science bottles and electric circuits etc. This gives you a challenge because it sort-of prompts you to stay on the right track, but fail to meet the production quota for that round and its Game Over.

The challenge though is that you need to produce enough both to supply for your new quota and to continue your development at a swift pace. So if you're only producing a few red bottles and put them in the box to avoid game over you might get through this round but fall behind the pace for research and then fail in a future round as you're needing to produce something you haven't researched yet.

The latest I've got to is round 13 so far which is about an hour and a half in. Didn't complete the research for automation 2 (for the 3 or 4 ingredient recipes) and so was completing my green bottles etc by hand for ages and eventually ran out of time to be able to produce enough by hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Cool I'll give it a go.

For a challenge try the Supply scenario. It ramps up every six(ish) minutes demanding certain products to be supplied into boxes that then disappear once you put them in. The game prompts what you need to produce this round and what will be added to your production demands in the next round.

Starts off simple, just stone in round one, but goes up from there, after a few rounds you need to eg give a load of iron plates, iron cogs, science bottles and electric circuits etc. This gives you a challenge because it sort-of prompts you to stay on the right track, but fail to meet the production quota for that round and its Game Over.

The challenge though is that you need to produce enough both to supply for your new quota and to continue your development at a swift pace. So if you're only producing a few red bottles and put them in the box to avoid game over you might get through this round but fall behind the pace for research and then fail in a future round as you're needing to produce something you haven't researched yet.

The latest I've got to is round 13 so far which is about an hour and a half in. Didn't complete the research for automation 2 (for the 3 or 4 ingredient recipes) and so was completing my green bottles etc by hand for ages and eventually ran out of time to be able to produce enough by hand.
    Tried this again and got through automation 2. Gave up when I needed plastic bars and I hadn't started oil production yet. Its a fun challenge.

Started a normal game too, got through early stages and now need to find oil. So far found no signs of alien life, had no biters attack yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.