Facts:

• Google invested 1 billion in SpaceX.
  • Satellites are like a broadcasting tower that is very high.
  • Unlike a tower with limited coverage, a sat can reach about half the planet.
  • It looks like Google wants Internet for everyone.
  • Amazon is also going with Blue Origins.
  • Microsoft founder starts Vulcan aerospace

I see space era is gaining momentum.

• Imagine you are in a lost island in the Pacific, you turn on your phone and send a Whatsapp message. "Please help!!" then turn on Waze and send the location using Google sats.
  • No internet in your building? Unreliable or inexistent ISP? Suscribe to Google sat.

Why sats? DirecTV is satellite TV. Each time you use GPS you are using at least 4 satellites.

Imagine an office building, you can either install lots of wires or you can use WiFi. Satellites are a planetary WiFi. Why sats? For the same reason we use WiFi instead of cables, or mobile phones instead of wired phones.

This new space era is now named CSA (Commercial Space Activities) among the space community.

In past years you had ARPANET that ended in 1990 and there was even a Requiem for it. But it was just the death of a government program. Internet took Arpanet and revamped it and no one mourns Arpanet again. Could it happen to space era too? Space programs have relied heavily on government. Is it time to get independent?
I see CSA very linked to telecomms in the near future. ARPANET contractors had to modify their business premises when Internet came.

My questions:
  • What premises need to change from normal aerospace business with CSA?
  • If you were going to start a CSA related business, what would you like to do?