Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Planet Coaster

Quote Originally Posted by Bitter Jeweler View Post
    All the "big" things are amazing, but there's something about the little guys, like your Hat Shoppe. It's nicely done.

Add me on Steam, if you are going to share Blueprints. I'm me there too.

Nice pic of the "courtyard" (pic above the hat shoppe).
    Thanks.

Yep will add you.

I see you're active on the PC forums too. Will start to share my stuff there as I've joined.

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    This really looks amazing, I think it will be my plan for what to play around with next weekend. RCTW has been disappointing.
    Definitely. You'll find yourself lost in this game.

~

I've become hooked on this blue stucco theme - it's very Mediterranean. I just keep adding more.

Put in a little ATM recess. I like this moment I caught, a girl seems to be gesturing to her boyfriend to hurry up.

Peaceful little courtyard where the first aid station is.

~

Need to move on from this. I want to play around more with terraforming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    This really looks amazing, I think it will be my plan for what to play around with next weekend. RCTW has been disappointing.
    RCTW is terrible.

MattLab quit Atari over it. I hear he's now at Microsoft, in the xBox division?
    It's really bizarre how they are handling the game, and community. The "Community" rep, doesn't know how to build coasters for shit. He does live streams "Sanbox and Chill", and he's just lame.
    Another community rep for the devs quit. There is so little communication. So much anger on the forums...it's crazy! It's really sad what Atari have done to the franchise. I think they've destroyed it.

Well, Atari is..you know.

This actually looks really great, love that area Timbuk2, especially that last shot is quite pretty.
    Might have to check this game out, was starting to despair of getting a new game that was actually better than RCT3, instead of worse.
    *cough RCTW, cough*

EDIT: did they say if custom scenery going to be a thing for this game?

This game is definitely on my wishlist. I'd be really interested to see what you'd make in this, Crow.
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way...

Quote Originally Posted by Bitter Jeweler View Post
    RCTW is terrible.

MattLab quit Atari over it. I hear he's now at Microsoft, in the xBox division?
    It's really bizarre how they are handling the game, and community. The "Community" rep, doesn't know how to build coasters for shit. He does live streams "Sanbox and Chill", and he's just lame.
    Another community rep for the devs quit. There is so little communication. So much anger on the forums...it's crazy! It's really sad what Atari have done to the franchise. I think they've destroyed it.
    and in standard atari fashion, they will now be releasing RCTW a day before Planet Coaster. Even though everyone seems to be in agreement that the game is still a complete mess.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Yep, Rock Paper Shotgun summed it up nicely:

Scream If You’re Confused: RollerCoaster Tycoon World Launching Day Before Planet Coaster

The creature wearing the skin of Atari has announced astonishing plans to launch RollerCoaster Tycoon World [official site] next Wednesday, November 16th. It’s been on Steam early Access for seven months. The surprising part is: Frontier’s theme park sim Planet Coaster comes out the very next day, Thursday the 17th. Given that Planet Coaster looks the better game by far, it’s a bit silly. Perhaps the eyeholes on the creature’s skinsuit have slipped and it’s stumbling blind, groping in the dark, accidentally typing up announcements. We’ve all been there.

It is such a curious decision. While the announcement talks about a big patch coming at launch, from player reviews it sounds like the game needs more than just a patch. The announcement talking about more improvements and optimisations following after launch sounds like an admission that it won’t be its best self when it is declared ‘released’. That’s what early access is for, you sillies.

In contrast, here’s something Adam said in August about the beta version of Planet Coaster he’d played:

“A lack of log flumes at release aside, Planet Coaster looks to be doing everything I’d want a theme park management game to do, and to be doing it all extremely well.”

I’m reminded of The Asylum releasing its mockbusters right alongside the blockbusters they’re spoofing, hoping to ride the publicity wave of better movies. Is the creature wearing the skin of Atari cutting its losses? RCTW has already been through several developers, so they must be getting sick of it. Or does the creature think RCTW can go toe-to-toe with Planet Coaster? Is the creature hoping people ignorant of Planet Coaster will buy this?

Well! We’ll find out next week. RollerCoaster Tycoon World is priced at £29.99/45,99€/$49.99 and Planet Coaster… will cost the same – or cheaper, in some countries. Baffling.
    Baffling indeed.

~

Anyway, who cares, Planet Coaster is out today.

I've not played it since I put in a dozen or so hours of Alpha, wanted to wait till full release to really get into it.
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

Atari sucking ass is a real shock to people here, I'm sure.

So thrown myself back into PC after full release this week.

First task in new park is family and kids area.

~

Superb Game