Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Waiting for the results

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    No because that's the facts. The fact is that 37.8% of Great Britain voted Tory not the 34% YouGov polled.

You are ignoring all real world facts and instead arguing with a religious fervour holding the mistaken belief that incorrect polls are evidence. It is like I'm arguing here with a Young Earth Creationist. Just as fossils and other scientific evidence shows the world to be older than 6000 years old, the constituency and aggregate voting evidence shows your claims to be fallacious. But just like a Creationist saying "it's true because the Bible says so" you just keep parroting "it's true because YouGov say so".

I don't believe in Creationism and I don't believe the findings of polls that have been disproven by facts. Try to be less religious and more scientific looking at the real world.
    Given that analysis of samples other than YouGov's have led to similar findings I'd say that is a mischaracterisation both of the available data as well as of what we've said. As for the other claim, this is what YEC can sound like on the internet: "Oh, that one method you referenced has a large margin of error so we should toss out your entire theory of the world being over four billion years old based on multiple lines of evidence and instead believe that it's around six thousand years old based on someone's mauling of wikipedia election data the Bible."
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Please provide ONE (1) representative sample that shows your finding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Does anyone know why American polling stations start reporting within minutes of the polls closing, while we're lucky to get any British data within hours? Are there mandatory tea breaks?
    You think we're bad have a look at what is happening in Australia ... are there mandatory BBQ breaks between each ballot paper?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.