Page 54 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,620 of 1916

Thread: Geopolitical impact of Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    I would like to point out that Cameron led the Tories in opposing Brexit. All three major parties in Britain were against it. I don't know what your population and politics are like but purely on structural terms your counterargument here does not seem compelling.
    In a system of PR you can expect parties to be more representative of their voters. And the EU is enough of an issue for it to be a distinctive part of a party's make up. Parties are either one thing or the other, not tearing themselves apart over the EU as the Conservative Party still is. Because as you pointed out; Cameron was campaigning against Brexit, but a big chunk of his party wasn't. I dare say he wasn't leading the Tories so much.
    Congratulations America

The Tories aren't the ones tearing themselves over Europe now. We only had one rebel yesterday - Ken Clarke. Nobody in a million years would expect Ken to do anything else.

In contrast Labour had 47 rebels and the Lib Dems had 2. 2 out of 9 is quite a percentage as well as being a higher total than our 1 out of about 330.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    The Tories aren't the ones tearing themselves over Europe now. We only had one rebel yesterday - Ken Clarke. Nobody in a million years would expect Ken to do anything else.

In contrast Labour had 47 rebels and the Lib Dems had 2. 2 out of 9 is quite a percentage as well as being a higher total than our 1 out of about 330.
    We'll see about that once we start explaining you what Brexit means
    Congratulations America

Did you not hear already? Brexit means Brexit.

In all seriousness though the government today released a 72 page document I believe on Brexit. Not read it but that's more than I'd expected.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

I bet 14 weeks of paid leave was also more than most people expected.
    Congratulations America

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    In all seriousness though the government today released a 72 page document I believe on Brexit. Not read it but that's more than I'd expected.
    Is there anything in those 72 pages we didn't already know?
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

More celebrities are choosing to forgo underwear.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    More celebrities are choosing to forgo underwear.
    To appear more classy no less.
    Congratulations America

https://twitter.com/TSEofPB/status/828281241841582080

You might do well to remember that Britain did not fare too well in this scenario.

In fact, without the Russians and the US it would have been pretty much game over for you. Not to mention that the condition of the Russian army/navy/air force is deplorable. I mean, when you have to tow your*sole aircraft carrier then you know that someone neglected maintenance...

RB continues his accelerating slide into Trumpland
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Khendraja'aro View Post
    You might do well to remember that Britain did not fare too well in this scenario.
    I don't remember that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    RB continues his accelerating slide into Trumpland
    Oh get a sense of humour.

I don't remember that.
    Yeah, you guys are probably still patting yourselves on the back for letting*Russia and the US win the war for you.

Don't remember that either.

What I do remember is that the Battle of Britain was a "decisive British victory" that forced the cancellation of your fuhrer's planned Operation Sea Lion invasion of Britain before Pearl Harbour. While we were at a bit of a stalemate as far as the continent is concerned before Pearl Harbour by the time the Americans joined in we had already decisively won the Battle of Britain and incapacitated the Luftwaffe.

I'm not sure why you're trying to imply it's better to be a German than a Brit from a WWII perspective, while trying not to Godwin this the less you say on this matter is probably for the best. But maybe you should get a subscription to the History Channel sometime. They've been known to have have programs on WWII from time to time.

Oh and the Russians didn't save us either since Hitler launched the ill-fated Operation Barbarossa AFTER we had won the Battle of Britain too. It was because we won the Battle of Britain that Sea Lion was cancelled and Barbarossa was launched instead.

What I do remember is that the Battle of Britain was a "decisive British victory" that forced the cancellation of your fuhrer's planned Operation Sea Lion invasion of Britain before Pearl Harbour. While we were at a bit of a stalemate as far as the continent is concerned before Pearl Harbour by the time the Americans joined in we had already decisively won the Battle of Britain and incapacitated the Luftwaffe.

I'm not sure why you're trying to imply it's better to be a German than a Brit from a WWII perspective, while trying not to Godwin this the less you say on this matter is probably for the best. But maybe you should get a subscription to the History Channel sometime. They've been known to have have programs on WWII from time to time.

Oh and the Russians didn't save us either since Hitler launched the ill-fated Operation Barbarossa AFTER we had won the Battle of Britain too. It was because we won the Battle of Britain that Sea Lion was cancelled and Barbarossa was launched instead.
    Hiding behind an expanse of water typically doesn't qualify as a victory.
    Congratulations America

Hence why I referred specifically to the Battle of Britain which was a defeat of the Luftwaffe and not water. I also only mentioned it because the German tried to rewrite history.

This may be the dumbest EU related tangent yet.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Hence why I referred specifically to the Battle of Britain which was a defeat of the Luftwaffe and not water. I also only mentioned it because the German tried to rewrite history.
    Wars are also not won by air.

Quote Originally Posted by Khendraja'aro View Post
    Wars are also not won by air.
    But they can be lost by it. The idea that it was "game over" for the UK without Russian and American involvement as you erroneously claimed - when your dear fuhrer had already given up on invading the UK by the time the Russians and Americans got involved as we had won the air war and had naval superiority is patent nonsense. Which is why he invaded the Soviet Union instead of the UK.

We almost certainly couldn't have liberated the French without American and Russian involvement but the UK was not at serious risk of "game over" by Dec 1941.

That's exactly what I meant by patting yourselves on the back.

Yes our heroes from that period deserve a pat on the back and long may we remember and celebrate their bravery, fortitude and sacrifice in their finest hour. We should never forget.

your dear fuhrer
    Childish Rand. Really childish.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    This may be the dumbest EU related tangent yet.
    Quite. It's like six year olds in a playground.
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    So what? Besides to be like a six year old in a playground, Khen personalised things first. I just went for the cheap shot.

So what? Besides to be like a six year old in a playground, Khen personalised things first. I just went for the cheap shot.
    Right. Keep telling yourself that. Nothing new that you guys have a massively overinflated opinion of your accomplishments.

"Overinflated opinion of our accomplishments"?

We are the world’s fifth biggest economy. We are a permanent member of the UN Security Council. We are a leading member of Nato, of the Commonwealth, and of the G7. We are a member of the powerful Five Eyes intelligence network. We are the nation of Shakespeare and Newton, of Faraday and Rutherford, of Gladstone and Churchill. Our language is spoken by 1.5 billion people and is the international standard for science, engineering, medicine, on the internet, in modern film and media, in commerce and law. We invented the television, photography, the steam engine, radar and the world wide web. We were the last light of free western European civilisation and provided a launching point to liberate Europe in its darkest hour. We abolished slavery, have been pivotal in coming up with modern human rights, invented modern democracy and ours is the mother of all Parliaments. We invented football, rugby, cricket, tennis, hockey and golf. We have more reach and reputation and influence than any country of 60 million has a right to expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post

Quite. It's like six year olds in a playground.
    May I point out that 'you' have let 'your' six year olds' vote you out of the EU? How smart exactly is your 'non-partisan' position working out so far?
    Congratulations America

"Overinflated opinion of our accomplishments"?

We are the world’s fifth biggest economy. We are a permanent member of the UN Security Council. We are a leading member of Nato, of the Commonwealth, and of the G7. We are a member of the powerful Five Eyes intelligence network. We are the nation of Shakespeare and Newton, of Faraday and Rutherford, of Gladstone and Churchill. Our language is spoken by 1.5 billion people and is the international standard for science, engineering, medicine, on the internet, in modern film and media, in commerce and law. We invented the television, photography, the steam engine, radar and the world wide web. We were the last light of free western European civilisation and provided a launching point to liberate Europe in its darkest hour. We abolished slavery, have been pivotal in coming up with modern human rights, invented modern democracy and ours is the mother of all Parliaments. We invented football, rugby, cricket, tennis, hockey and golf. We have more reach and reputation and influence than any country of 60 million has a right to expect.
    Did somebody already tell him the Raj is really not going to come back ?
    Congratulations America

Did I mentioned Empire in my paragraph?

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    May I point out that 'you' have let 'your' six year olds' vote you out of the EU? How smart exactly is your 'non-partisan' position working out so far?
    Read this. And re-read it.

And still can't parse it.
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.