http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/07/01...?intcmp=hplnws

"But the court, in a strongly worded decision, said the grand jury heard evidence suggesting that Carter engaged in a "systematic campaign of coercion" that targeted Roy's insecurities and that her instruction to "get back in" his truck in the final moments of his life was a "direct, causal link" to his death.

"In sum, we conclude that there was probable cause to show that the coercive quality of the defendant's verbal conduct overwhelmed whatever willpower the eighteen year old victim had to cope with his depression, and that but for the defendant's admonishments, pressure, and instructions, the victim would not have gotten back into the truck and poisoned himself to death," Justice Robert Cordy wrote for the court in the unanimous, 7-0 ruling.

The case drew national attention after transcripts of text messages Carter sent to Roy were released publicly, showing her urging him to follow through on his plan to kill himself and chastising him when he expressed doubts.

"I thought you wanted to do this. The time is right and you're ready, you just need to do it!" Carter wrote in one message."

Well first off, she's a really fucked up individual. However... I'm not sure society should be making her actions criminal, unless the guy was mentally unstable enough not to be to make his own decisions. (Which I don't think is the case here).

Suicide is something that is 100% the responsibility of the person making the decision. It is interesting that we are at the point in society where doctor assisted suicide is a thing and something like this also happens. Is the doctor responsible for the patient's choice? Again, unless someone is not mentally fit to make their own decisions I would say no just like in this case. (Though I do think the right to die campaign is pretty silly, it is NOT difficult to off yourself. Failed true suicide attempts are actually quite rare, normally it is just done to call attention to themselves.)

Too often society likes to find someone to blame for something like this happen. Weather its the 'phobia of the month' or 'cyber bullying' or whatever bit of activism appeals to you, the bottom line is that people who kill themselves are 100% responsible for it.