Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: US elections: fraud, tampering and irregularities

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Needless to say, this is corrupt af, something you might expect in some third-world shithole. But, I guess third-rate shithole is close enough.

It just shows how much Trump's campaign has given up and are not even trying to win this year's election any more.

They ought to be doing opposition research on . . . you know, their actual opposition. That four years later they're still obsessed with "her emails" and can not find anything to have a go at Biden for, or "that monster" for symbolises a truly worrying mental breakdown and lack of credibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

This will totally ensure Hillary doesn't become president in 2020.
    Hope is the denial of reality

"One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

You guys have to read this ridiculous story: https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020...orange-county/

The correct legal decision and not just because of the guiding jurisprudence. There's just not time to make changes. But the Court should have ordered that if the system was not "fixed," it must be discarded before the NEXT election in sufficient time for a replacement system to be put in place.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

What stops Georgia from pulling the same stunt next time?

You guys have to read this ridiculous story: https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020...orange-county/
    Here's to hoping the California GOP ends up in jail.

Speaking theoretically (since the Court didn't put any requirements in its ruling) it could have issue an injunction to discard the system, along with a temporary stay pending proof that the issues plaintiffs had properly and correctly raised had been dealt with, said stay having an expiration date set at a period when there is sufficient time to put in place an alternative.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Knowing Georgia, they'd kind of fix the problems that exist now and do nothing to deal with new problems as they arise.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    The correct legal decision and not just because of the guiding jurisprudence. There's just not time to make changes. But the Court should have ordered that if the system was not "fixed," it must be discarded before the NEXT election in sufficient time for a replacement system to be put in place.
    Yes, it's the fact that the problem exists in the first place, and the unfortunately high likelihood of this or a similar problem still existing when the next election is up, that I wanted to highlight. Obv. they can litigate this again, but it's just kinda embarrassing that the election infrastructure in a modern democracy is this bad.

embarrassing that the election infrastructure in a modern democracy the self-declared leader of the free world is this bad.
    FTFY
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Three Trump-appointed judges overturned the federal court ruling striking down the one-box-per-county rule in Texas.

Big surprise there eh? One big sleazeball circlejerk.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/1...s-limit-429138
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Important context:

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Knowing Georgia, they'd kind of fix the problems that exist now and do nothing to deal with new problems as they arise.

I'm sure that's the case. But that's another thing the courts simply can't do anything about. There has to be a currently justiciable controversy.

GOP should be bound by consent decrees everywhere always

The GOP is crying about fraud and trying to manufacture evidence of that themselves. It's disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by mahiro View Post
    The GOP is crying about fraud and trying to manufacture evidence of that themselves. It's disgusting.

He's desperate.

And yes it is illegal.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

I got my ballot today! It shouldn't have taken this long (I sent in the application on 8/11) but the state rules say they can't be mailed before 30 days of the election (?) Not sure why, when some places have early voting. I'm still mulling whether to send it by mail, or drop it at the Voter Election board...or vote in person.

They can't even begin processing absentee ballots until election day. And with all the GOP law suits in PA I'm worried the absentee process will screw everything up -- since that's what they want.

The good news is my son got his new PA voter registration card, and his move from NC didn't get lost between the cracks in our horrible, outdated, complicated and politicized voting process.

The mask goes over the nose...

It's called a face diaper.

How is it that they manage to become hypocrites with literally every action? GOP claims that their illegal ballot boxes are AOK cause they consider themselves authorized third party delivery. Yet here we are with them attacking people who are dropping off their spouses' ballot into official ballot boxes.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

How is it that they manage to become hypocrites with literally every action? GOP claims that their illegal ballot boxes are AOK cause they consider themselves authorized third party delivery. Yet here we are with them attacking people who are dropping off their spouses' ballot into official ballot boxes.
    The GOP may have gotten away with ignoring subpoenas in CA, but our PA attorney general seems ready to file law suits for voter intimidation.

I took my ballot to the Board of Elections office (at the county's administrative offices) the other day. Wanted to make sure it wasn't delayed in the mail. There was an armed city police officer "guarding" the drop box -- but he spent most of his time directing traffic -- drivers were waiting while elderly/disabled folks got dropped off at the curb (not enough handicapped parking).

Also a couple of Elections officials were checking the backs of envelopes for errors. Apparently some people put their DOB on the line for the day's date and needed a new "official" outer envelope. Or they'd used blue pen or a sharpie instead of the required medium point black pen. Otherwise it was fast and easy. I didn't notice anyone filming things. Just a couple of cars with big Trump signs and flags driving the loop, honking their horns, but that's typical for around here so it's probably not considered "intimidation".

PS, I only use fine point or needle point pens....so I had to make a special trip to buy a medium point black pen before I could complete my ballot. No idea why the vote-counting computers are calibrated that way in the 21st century, when it doesn't really prevent fraud (any more than using a #2 pencil on SATs did in the 80's). Does anyone have an explanation for this (cue Ominous Gamer)?
    Last edited by GGT; 10-24-2020 at 02:57 AM.

Even in Alabama, they don't think they can win an election in which everyone is allowed to vote.

If the Democrats win and don't make making voting easier a major priority of their first time, they're a bunch of dipshits.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come