Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: US elections: fraud, tampering and irregularities

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    Stop it, I can't stand the tension between the sadness and the hilarity it's just getting so desperate.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

These court cases are hilarious.

Someone doesn't want to be disbarred.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Secretary of State says the President's voter suppression swung his own state.

ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Bets on there being any sort of consequences repercussions for this?
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

More news from this shithole country:

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Secretary of State says the President's voter suppression swung his own state.

It's so sad to see the Republican Party forget basic principles. When you set out someone as a scapegoat, you're supposed to silence the scapegoat. A scapegoat able and willing to defend themselves is just a pointless pain-in-the-ass exercise.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    More news from this shithole country:

Have they recommended counting 3/5 of their votes yet?
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Have they recommended counting 3/5 of their votes yet?
    Of course not, they are principled. No compromises.

Meanwhile

Trump fires head of US cybersecurity agency that refuted voter fraud claims

Donald Trump has fired the director of the federal agency that vouched for the reliability of the 2020 election and pushed back on the president’s baseless claims of voter fraud.

Trump fired Christopher Krebs, who served as the director of the Department of Homeland Security’s Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (Cisa), in a tweet on Tuesday, saying Krebs “has been terminated” and that his recent statement defending the security of the election was “highly inaccurate”.

The firing of Krebs, a Trump appointee, comes as Trump is refusing to recognize the victory of the president-elect, Joe Biden, and removing high-level officials seen as insufficiently loyal. He fired Mark Esper, the defense secretary, on 9 November part of a broader shake-up that put Trump loyalists in senior Pentagon positions.

Krebs had indicated he expected to be fired. Last week, his agency released a statement refuting claims of widespread voter fraud. “The November 3rd election was the most secure in American history,” the statement read. “There is no evidence that any voting system deleted or lost votes, changed votes, or was in any way compromised.”

Krebs, a former Microsoft executive, ran the agency, known as Cisa, from its creation in the wake of Russian interference with the 2016 election through the November election. He won bipartisan praise as Cisa coordinated federal state and local efforts to defend electoral systems from foreign or domestic interference.

Trump mentioned the Cisa statement in his tweet firing Krebs. The president’s tweets also repeated many of the baseless election fraud claims he has made in recent weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Wisconsin and Michigan Republicans are engaging in a host of anti-democratic shenanigans that will embolden sore losers all over the US:

https://theweek.com/speedreads/95116...from-minnesota

Trump's team still hasn't shared many of those affidavits with the public, but has begun filing them in lawsuits across the country. One, from a Texas resident who works in cybersecurity, was filed in Georgia on Wednesday, but claims vote tallying machines in Michigan are highly susceptible to fraud. It goes on to list several "statistical red flags" that purport to show how those machines may have been manipulated, including numbers that imply as many as 350 percent of estimated voters in a range of Michigan towns cast ballots. The problem is, the towns the affidavit lists are all scattered across eastern Minnesota, not Michigan.
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Two states that begin with the letters MI, who wouldn't confuse them? Certainly be wrong to expect lawyers looking for evidence to do the slightest due diligence.

When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Oh no...

That cartboard of Trump behind the curtains giving a thumbs up is just so well placed there.
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

it's a little on the nose innit

Hoping/expecting to see more signs of right-wing outlets and grifters getting pimp-slapped by Dominion's legal team:

Who knew that the only thing these people cared about was money.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Which 9 journalistic principles I wonder?

... how it's going:

Funny how Newsmax was 100% behind these guys and the allegations:

Until we see what happens when "the people with machines" turn out to have hefty lawyers behind them.

Oh and a failed coup suddenly leaves them needing to say "oh I'm not behind a coup attempt, nothing to do with us."

If there's one guy that really is in need of a good night's sleep ...
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

https://www.npr.org/2021/02/02/96346...illegal-voting

The Georgia secretary of state's office is investigating allegations that Lin Wood, a high-profile pro-Trump attorney who launched fruitless challenges to election results and pushed baseless conspiracies of fraud, may have voted illegally in the November general election. Wood played a crucial role in former President Donald Trump's efforts to undermine the election.
    See? Trump was right!
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

I do occasionally consider the possibility that one reason why the GOP is so adamant about anti-fraud measures in election law is that they know how much fraud they successfully get away with without getting caught. But since fraud is still where the Dems have a comparative advantage, as opposed to the GOP in intimidation, they're fine with legislation to swing things more toward their strength.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"