Thread: Coup in China?

Default Coup in China?

"One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Looking like social media run amok to me.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    Using twitter as a news feed is why society is in the mess it is today.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Some idiot speculating, a bunch of low-quality sources retweeting them, and then some medium-quality sources (who should know better) retweeting them. Post-2016 world in a nutshell.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Some idiot speculating, a bunch of low-quality sources retweeting them, and then some medium-quality sources (who should know better) retweeting them. Post-2016 world in a nutshell.
    Not only that but the image appears to be fake. Surprised she's left the tweet up despite acknowledging this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Not only that but the image appears to be fake. Surprised she's left the tweet up despite acknowledging this.
    Why did you bring this tweet to our attention in the first place?
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Quote Originally Posted by Being View Post
    Why did you bring this tweet to our attention in the first place?
    Because I like discussing things that are—or may be—happening

China's secretive nature makes it an ideal subject for these kind of rumours. For weeks, Youtube was trying to recommend me videos from channels with names like "dark state cabal" about China's economy being on the verge collapse, and of course nothing came of it, China's economy is fine. But if there's one country where you kind of believe major event like a coup - or a coup attempt - or a financial crisis could happen and leave no mark on the wider world except some tweets by fringe accounts, it's China.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    China's secretive nature makes it an ideal subject for these kind of rumours. For weeks, Youtube was trying to recommend me videos from channels with names like "dark state cabal" about China's economy being on the verge collapse, and of course nothing came of it, China's economy is fine. But if there's one country where you kind of believe major event like a coup - or a coup attempt - or a financial crisis could happen and leave no mark on the wider world except some tweets by fringe accounts, it's China.
    Tbf if there's one country where you can be reasonably sure a coup isn't gonna happen it's probably China