Thread: Edit time out?

Default Edit time out?

Is there a time out for editing posts? I want to edit a post I made on 3/29/2010 but there is no edit button.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Yeah, it's set by default to seven days. I honestly didn't know that was the setting, but it's kind of reasonable, don't you think? The idea that one can just wipe/edit an old post to change the record is a bit odd to me. Any thoughts?

Wasn't there bitching about that happening at the other place?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
    Yeah, it's set by default to seven days. I honestly didn't know that was the setting, but it's kind of reasonable, don't you think? The idea that one can just wipe/edit an old post to change the record is a bit odd to me. Any thoughts?
    There should be a time out. I see no reason why it'd be necessary on here to edit a post a week afterward. If it would be useful, you could always PM a mod to do so.
    . . .

Yeah, I personally didn't like it over there either.

I want to remove links to personal web-space. But I'll just rename it instead and leave the ugly red-X for everyone's enjoyment.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

If you PM me the link, I'll edit it for you. Personal identity issues are a legitimate reason to ask for a mod to go back and edit that stuff out.