Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Islam and the west

Restricting welfare wins my vote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    It's because we take their women

But in all seriousness, this has been a long time coming. The same developments you've seen in the UK and in the US have been occurring in Sweden for nearly least as long (see eg. the tug of war been UKIP and the Tories) and have been accelerated by the influx of refugees and policy-driven socioeconomic segregation. Swedish racists have been influential in the development of the alt-right's methods.

I was quite despondent until I realized that time itself is their enemy and our friend. These xenophobic spasms cannot turn the tide--only stem it. Of course, so long as Sweden keeps spasming, I'll be voting to obstruct the racists' access to welfare
    25% is quite worrying though. That's double their previous tally. While they might not be a political majority, a large number of radical "natives" is a recipe for a disaster as the migrant population grows. I'd be concerned about them increasingly turning to violence once they realize this isn't a battle they can win politically.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Wow, what a thread! I re-read it from the beginning....and the main theme was FEAR. One side feared losing legal protections for religious beliefs, the other side feared religious beliefs were being exploited by terrorists. With women in the middle.

And since the OP we've seen Trump's initial "ban on all Muslims entering the US", with legal challenges, until version 3 was deemed constitutional because it didn't specifically target Muslim-majority countries. But FEAR is the main strategy behind Trump's divisive political agenda. #MAGA #BeBest

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    25% is quite worrying though. That's double their previous tally. While they might not be a political majority, a large number of radical "natives" is a recipe for a disaster as the migrant population grows. I'd be concerned about them increasingly turning to violence once they realize this isn't a battle they can win politically.
    Don't get me wrong--I am very worried. I'm just not as despondent as I was. Some of them have indeed tried to turn to violence, and even our neo-Nazis have become emboldened--but the opposition has also been strong. The leader of our Tory-equivalent party (and de facto leader of the opposition at the time) had to resign after suggesting just limited cooperation with SD. SD still has the potential to become the largest party in parliament but they remain pariahs and are still regarded by most voters--and all other parties--as being an irresponsible party unfit for government.

I have no doubt immigrants in Sweden have difficult years ahead, but we are winning, albeit slowly. We're everywhere. In every commercial. In almost every workplace. We're filling up the universities and colleges. We're making friends and getting married. Sure, that might certainly be provocative and infuriating to many, but, rage though they might, they can't stop time.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Ever since I moved to the place where I live now I have become a lot more optimistic; from day to day I see people living together in a part of Amsterdam where nobody is in a majority. And it makes for a surprisingly relaxed and friendly area to live. Despite the also very present economic problems that many people here live.
    Congratulations America

Opposition to immigration usually comes from parts of the country where there is a clear majority though.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Opposition to immigration usually comes from parts of the country where there is a clear majority though.
    I am aware of that fact. It doesn't negate though that what Aimless hopes for the future can be achieved.
    Congratulations America