Thread: Probably a good idea to be armed in this area...

Default Probably a good idea to be armed in this area...

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2011/08...en-involvement

"What connects the three city crackdowns are teen-perpetrated crimes that are part opportunistic, part thrill-seeking, and, some residents fear, part racially motivated: dozens of black teenagers collectively targeting, and attacking, white people they don't even know. "

"On Monday, Philadelphia Mayor Michael Nutter said he would add street patrols and start enforcing a 9 p.m. weekend curfew for 13- to 18-year-olds for the Center City arts and shopping area. He took the step after a series of incidents over the past two years, including two in the past two weeks, in which black teens beat up on their victims, who were primarily white."

Scary stuff. Here's hoping they mess with the wrong people and get gunned down in brutal fashion by those who value the 2nd amendment. Clearly the local government isn't intimidating these idiots, it should only take a few dead morons for the rest to get the message.

Here is an example of why criminals don't fear the police as much as they should:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_7536534.html

"The victim, who said she feared for her life when Arnold pointed the knife at her, managed to flee and call for help. Police let Arnold go, however, because they didn’t find the weapon on him."

Really? REALLY? Thankfully he was later arrested but still... I'm wondering if the police just screwed up or if they are getting intense political pressure from above not to deal with minority criminals due to perceived racial bias.

How about instead of hoping for vigilantism, you hope that the criminals get arrested and jailed after a fair trial?
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Here is an example of why criminals don't fear the police as much as they should:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_7536534.html

"The victim, who said she feared for her life when Arnold pointed the knife at her, managed to flee and call for help. Police let Arnold go, however, because they didn’t find the weapon on him."

Really? REALLY? Thankfully he was later arrested but still... I'm wondering if the police just screwed up or if they are getting intense political pressure from above not to deal with minority criminals due to perceived racial bias.
    Or it might have been because they got a description of a black man with a knife and later managed to find a black man without a knife because he'd hidden the knife and perhaps they determined they didn't have enough on him to arrest him because they live and work in a state that respects the rule of law. Maybe.

http://www.fox19.com/story/29237707/...s-white-people

Arnold was identified based on the description of her assailant the woman provided. Police spotted him in the area shortly after and stopped him, but they let him go without finding the knife.

Not long after, they responded to a report of a man with a knife in the same area. This time, he did have a knife and admitted he dropped it before as police approached and it was his, court records show.

Two days later, the victim identified Arnold as her attacker in a photo lineup "without hesitation," according to police.
    Of course, it's entirely possible that some police have become reluctant to arrest black people due to recent events. It would be a shame if it really turned out that the ability of police to do their job properly had been hampered by the consequences of police not doing their job properly for decades.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    How about instead of hoping for vigilantism, you hope that the criminals get arrested and jailed after a fair trial?
    Not seeing that happen despite multiple events. Also delayed consequences aren't nearly as an effective as the fear of immediate death. Also dead violent racists is a societal plus in most people's books.

Not seeing that happen despite multiple events. Also delayed consequences aren't nearly as an effective as the fear of immediate death. Also dead violent racists is a societal plus in most people's books.
    This is really distressing, Lewk. I want bad racist murderous cops to be brought to justice as much as the next guy but I don't want vigilantes to kill them.

Why do we even need a legal system?

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    This is really distressing, Lewk. I want bad racist murderous cops to be brought to justice as much as the next guy but I don't want vigilantes to kill them.
    Self defense isn't vigilantism. If you are walking along doing nothing wrong and a mob of violent racists attack you, you damn well have the right to put them in the ground.

Self defense isn't vigilantism. If you are walking along doing nothing wrong and a mob of violent racists attack you, you damn well have the right to put them in the ground.
    Except you don't think that because you violently object when it happens since so often, the violent racists attacking someone who was just walking along and doing nothing wrong are cops.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    Except you don't think that because you violently object when it happens since so often, the violent racists attacking someone who was just walking along and doing nothing wrong are cops.
    Overblown. There seems to be little difference in how policing works by the race of the police officer. IE it isn't "I hate black people gonna bust some blacks up." It is "Well we know the high crime area is this neighborhood which happens to be black..." Otherwise the absurdity of black officers being racist against blacks rears its head.

Though I would actually like you to be clear for once. If you are armed and a group of people assault you for your race, would you shoot? If you were a DA/judge/jury (take your pick) would you justify the self defense action here?

Ignorance rises its ahead again. When a police culture is racist against blacks, that culture permeates to all officers, even black ones. For instance, they know that they won't be punished for mistreating a black person, while they would get punished for doing it to a white one. Guess how they'll treat the two? Or when young black officers get constantly told that black suspects should be treated differently because they're inherently violent. Remind me how you got through college without learning any of this?

There is nothing absurd about black cops mistreating black people due to systemic racism.

Probably a good idea to disarm that area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Probably a good idea to disarm that area.

Really? So the time to disallow people self-defense is when they most need it?

Yes. Armaments help the aggressor who shoots first not the defender. Disarm the thugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Yes. Armaments help the aggressor who shoots first not the defender. Disarm the thugs.
    I'm not sure you quite understand the dynamic of dozens of aggressors against one or two people. NOTE: While there are a lot of guns in America most of these guys rioting probably don't have one. Or at least not on them.

https://www.reddit.com/r/television/...aukee_news_vs/

CNN's liberal agenda at it again. "Burn that shit down" = "calls for peace." Seriously? Is this just blatant arrogance that they don't think anyone will them on their BS?

Defending oneself vs actively hunting someone down and killing them..... is Aimless's post a Red Herring?
    It's not okay to shoot an innocent bank clerk but shooting a felon to death is commendable and do you should receive a reward rather than a punishment

Nope, just responding to the reasoning that was used (see quote).

Still waiting for any of the liberals on the board to defend CNN. https://www.reddit.com/r/television/...aukee_news_vs/

WTF? Lewk, you want to take your premise/hypothesis about guns, and turn it into a systemic bias?

According to your own logic....minorities living in high crime areas should arm themselves. But when they do, and shoot to protect themselves, or their property, you don't think Castle Doctrine protections should apply? Make up your mind.

The truth is that you have different standards based on race, which means your views are racist, and you're a bigot.
    Last edited by GGT; 08-19-2016 at 02:58 AM.

Still waiting for any of the liberals on the board to defend CNN. https://www.reddit.com/r/television/...aukee_news_vs/
    Why would anyone defend CNN?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    Why would anyone defend CNN?
    Because it's "mainstream media"? And even if it's not really mainstream....it's what's broadcasted in airports and train stations, all across the world, as NEWS reports.