Thread: Odd Site Activity

Default Odd Site Activity

Hi guys,

I've received some odd e-mails allegedly from our site host. The e-mail claims that someone is trying to cancel my domain registration and site hosting. While I make sure that nothing comes from it, I'd like to remind you that if this site goes down, I'll get something up at www.theworldforgotten.net ASAP.

Sounds like phishing though quite sophisticated to know you host the site unless that's in the public domain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Yeah, I'm guessing phishing. The links in the e-mail aren't obviously phishing though, and I have no intention of clicking on them to check them out. Sent an e-mail to the provider to make sure that nothing's actually going on. In paranoia, I figured I'd just put up this notice in case the attack happened on the host's end.

That's not very "soothing", but thanks for the heads up, I guess.

I managed to get into contact with the host. Nothing is going to come of this.

We don't say it enough, but thank you for hosting!

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
    We don't say it enough, but thank you for hosting!
    Speak for yourself, I keep a shrine to Wraith in my closet.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Fuzzy's closet, haha. Is this related to Yahoo admitting they've been tracking email addresses?