Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Make sure you vote often!

Default Make sure you vote often!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...elections.html

"In Wisconsin, 52-year-old Robert Monroe also was sentenced to jail earlier this year after he was charged with 13 counts of election fraud, including multiple voting and voting twice in the 2012 presidential race. Prosecutors say Monroe voted by absentee ballot, where he lives in Shorewood, Wis., on Nov. 1, 2012. Then on election day five days later, authorities say he drove four hours south to Lebanon, Ind., to vote in person, using his Indiana drivers license to sign in.

Even a 2012 Democratic congressional candidate was caught and had to drop out of the race.

Party officials said candidate Wendy Rosen, who was running in Maryland's 1st Congressional District, had voted twice in Maryland and Florida in two separate elections. She pleaded guilty to voting illegally in two elections.

And in Cincinnati, veteran poll worker Melowese Richardson was accused of voting twice in the 2012 presidential election, after Hamilton County prosecutors charged her in 2013 with eight counts of illegal voting over several elections. She pleaded guilty to four counts, and prosecutors said she had even voted in the presidential election for her sister, who had been in a coma for almost a decade. Richardson was sentenced to five years in prison but was released early."

3 people out of 125 million voters. Clearly a priority.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Never said it was but I find the story interesting.

I love the Congressional candidate who was caught. I think I remember hearing about that at the time and giggling.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

http://www.king5.com/news/local/inve...cord/327490798

"While voters must attest to citizenship upon registering online or registering to vote at the Department of Licensing Office, Washington state doesn't require proof of citizenship. Therefore elections officials say the state's elections system operates, more or less, under an honor system.

"We don’t have a provision in state law that allows us either county elections officials or the Secretary of State's office to verify someone’s citizenship," explained Secretary of State Kim Wyman. "So, we’re in this place where we want to make sure we’re maintaining people’s confidence in the elections and the integrity of the process, but also that we’re giving this individual, like we would any voter, his due process. We’re moving forward, and that investigation is really coming out of the investigation from the shootings." "

Nothing to see here folks...

As a person if you are legally allowed to vote but then are not allowed to vote for whatever BS reason your rights have been violated. If it happens to a 100 people we've had a 100 people's rights violated. Letting one person who is not legally allowed to vote actually vote means EVERY PERSON WHO HAS VOTED has had their rights violated by having their right to vote diluted.

The best way to resolve this issue is to station ICE at all polling stations... But I'm sure liberals would have a problem with that too... somehow.

You seem far more concerned about a handful of imaginary non-citizens voting (in a non-swing state to boot) than you are about millions of real citizens being blocked from doing so.

You seem far more concerned about a handful of imaginary non-citizens voting (in a non-swing state to boot) than you are about millions of real citizens being blocked from doing so.
    No one is suggesting they be blocked from voting. I'm not familiar with *every* state's proposed requirement but proving that you are who you say you are seems to be a basic common sense when it comes to voting. You seem to literally be suggesting we just use the honor system.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    liberals
    *tick*

That's 3

Your batting average is excelling. Keep it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

3 people CAUGHT out of 125 million voters. Clearly NOT a priority for THE GOVERNMENT.

Fixed that for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    It's not okay to shoot an innocent bank clerk but shooting a felon to death is commendable and do you should receive a reward rather than a punishment

Interesting, how many people do you think they've missed?
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

If they knew they wouldn't have been missed would they
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

I figure Ogre has some idea of how big HE thinks the problem is.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

"If there isn't some kind of massive, unknown and undocumented problem with voter fraud that no one knows the size, scope or nature of which and requires countermeasures be put in place which, co-incidentally, make it harder for traditionally democratic leaning demographics to vote, then why do we keep saying there is?" - Republicans
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by ImAnOgre View Post
    3 people CAUGHT out of 125 million voters. Clearly NOT a priority for THE GOVERNMENT.

Fixed that for you.
    Did Bush catch more? I wonder why. Must be a massive conspiracy.

http://www.ctpost.com/news/article/A...ud-6529496.php

"RIDGEPORT — Former state Rep. Christina Ayala was given a suspended sentence Friday after pleading guilty to state election law violations.
    The 31-year-old Ayala, who was elected in 2012 to represent the city’s East Side, agreed under a plea bargain not to seek elective office for two years.
    The plea deal came as Ayala, who lost a primary for re-election to her state House seat last year, was about to go to trial in the case."

http://www.richmond.com/news/virgini...aa70012f9.html

"Harrisonburg officials and the FBI are investigating allegations of voter registration fraud after officials say almost 20 voter applications were turned in under the names of dead people."

20 whole applications? Wow, that'll really turn the tide of the elections. Better make sure black people can't vote there are better checks against fraud in place.

Meanwhile, these are totally acceptable congressional districts.

There's absolutely nothing suspicious about this in any way, shape or form.

Voter fraud. That's the big deal.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Not exactly the same thing but interesting:

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/3563

"High importance. I met with Jim and Mike in Denver. They are both old friends of the Clintons and have lots of experience. Mike hosted our Boulder Road Show event. They are reliving the 08 caucuses where they believe the Obama forces flooded the caucuses with ineligible voters. "

Apparently important Democrat campaigners were concerned about voter fraud in the primaries.

Yeah, no difference between party caucuses and general elections.

Yeah, no difference between party caucuses and general elections.
    Which is why I said "Not exactly the same thing but interesting"

I hear there was fraud in Russia.

I hear there was fraud in Russia.
    Russia is pretty a backwards country in a lot of ways. I expect better in America.

Without seeing the rest of the districts Georgia 11 looks plausible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    Meanwhile, these are totally acceptable congressional districts.
    I have no ideas about the others, but the Georgia districts look much different than that now. That district mashup ended in 1996. This is the current map for all of Georgia since 2013.

That looks eminently reasonable.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

It really depends on population and economic make up. Look at how the red green and blue kinda eat at each other, jetting across major roadways and such. That is possibly due to that area being dense enough with a certain population to make the rest of the district irrelevant.

On the other hand, having most of the coast of a state under 1 umbrella isn't all bad either, especially when its just the coast.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Problem about voting in districts is that whatever way you divide the districts, you always influence the results. You could redraw the map, and get completely different results.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

There's problems with any voting system. So long as gerrymandering is avoided a district system is infinitely better than giving seats to extremist losers like in PR.

http://www.lifezette.com/polizette/i...t-tip-iceberg/

"The evidence now should be clear that illegal voting is not something that is so rare as to almost never occur, Vanderhulst said.

"It's basically just denial," he said."

http://www.wkyt.com/content/news/Gra...382978021.html

"Attorney General Andy Beshear announced Tuesday that a Franklin County grand jury has charged Keith Justice, 50, of Pikeville with four counts of intimidating an election officer and one count of interfering with an election involving a precinct in Pike County on May 17, 2016."