Page 43 of 46 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1371

Thread: Happy now BLM?

Heroic LAPD officers unfairly punished for trying to address widespread "not being a gang-member while black" problem:

"One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Unrelated trend? What a reach. You can make the case that the additional deaths is "worth it" to combat whatever issues you see in policing but you can't make the case that the riots and unrest haven't contributed to the increase in murders and shootings. That's just retarded.
    Logic says that no police will make criminals to go bold.
    Freedom - When people learn to embrace criticism about politicians, since politicians are just employees like you and me.

It doesn't help that anatomy textbooks still claim that African Americans might exaggerate their pain levels.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Freedom - When people learn to embrace criticism about politicians, since politicians are just employees like you and me.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    It doesn't help that anatomy textbooks still claim that African Americans might exaggerate their pain levels.
    It also doesn’t help to deny the relevance of cultural customs to diagnostics. When people say they hear voices they could be anything between normal and schizophrenic and you need to be aware of the necessary extra questions.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    It also doesn’t help to deny the relevance of cultural customs to diagnostics. When people say they hear voices they could be anything between normal and schizophrenic and you need to be aware of the necessary extra questions.
    Doctors aren't anthropologists. They're not well-suited to to judging when someone is or isn't exaggerating based on their cultural norms. All this does is give them an excuse to treat certain races differently.

Doctors aren't anthropologists. They're not well-suited to to judging when someone is or isn't exaggerating based on their cultural norms. All this does is give them an excuse to treat certain races differently.
    Wrong, doctors know everything. We're experts at geniusing.

Ignoring differences does more harm. For the simple reason that you won’t be able to interpret what somebody is telling you. Not every medical issue is obvious and objectiviable through observation only; patient input is often relevant.
    Congratulations America

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...lice-shooting/

This protesters have lost their mind. 100% clean shoot. They should be celebrating a savage would be murderer is no longer a threat to their community. Instead they act out like toddlers. Pathetic.

As best as I can tell, the footage of the attack was released too late for most protesters to see it. And you'll have to excuse them for not taking the police's word for it.

As best as I can tell, the footage of the attack was released too late for most protesters to see it. And you'll have to excuse them for not taking the police's word for it.
    It was released within 12 hours. Though I suppose you have a point, one shouldn't expect a mob to act rationally. It only understands force.

Another reminder that the 2nd amendment doesn't apply to African Americans. The facts of the case strongly indicate the shooter was defending himself (see the obstruction charges levied against the guys in the other truck). And yet the trial is proceeding and he's in jail.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/georgia-m...204739548.html

It was released within 12 hours. Though I suppose you have a point, one shouldn't expect a mob to act rationally. It only understands force.
    Mobs are animals, therefore, the only thing they understand is force? Treat them like dogs, or little children.....and beat them into submission?

I'm guessing you hit your dog, and spank your child, and think that "works".

When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Glad he said that and was self-aware enough of the situation in the USA to say it.

Its a frightening concept but I wouldn't want a confrontation between a black man not wearing a mask being stopped by armed US police resulting in a fatality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...camera-footage

The arrogance of that police department is breathtaking. Defund them already - it's not salvagable. Tear it all down, fire them all with great prejudice and then build up a sane police force.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Some of the detail in that article paints a rather different story. It says that she was in a mental health facility not a jail getting treatment and the judge has said that she should for her own welfare continue to get treatment. It also says that she was never detained due to homework but because she was a threat to her mother.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Some of the detail in that article paints a rather different story. It says that she was in a mental health facility not a jail getting treatment and the judge has said that she should for her own welfare continue to get treatment. It also says that she was never detained due to homework but because she was a threat to her mother.
    I recommend reading the whole story including the Pro Publica article so that you can evaluate the judge's statements properly.

I read it, it sounds vile.

Odd then that the judge is saying something completely different. Read Pro Publica's article and read the Judge's comments and its like we're talking about two entirely different and unrelated cases

Wouldn't surprise me at all if it is the Judge that is messed up

I read it, it sounds vile.

Odd then that the judge is saying something completely different. Read Pro Publica's article and read the Judge's comments and its like we're talking about two entirely different and unrelated cases
    It's an unconvincing post hoc rationalization. The girl was unruly, and once bit her mother. She certainly has issues, but they are not described as—or even implied to be—so severe that they necessitate involuntary separation from caregivers and confinement to some sort of institution; on the contrary, in most civilized nations, it would likely be considered counterproductive at this stage—despite the widespread tendency of social services etc. to adopt a much more paternalistic attitude towards brown families than towards white families. She needs treatment, and they both need support. Neither deserve to be punished by a clueless authoritarian do-gooder.

I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post

US Surgeon General admits the US police are incapable of enforced mandated masks without killing people.
    There's a private security guard posted at the local Wine & Spirit store (operated by the State Liquor Control Board) making sure people wear masks -- in accordance with the Governor's temporary pandemic health mandate.

I asked him what he'd do if someone refused to wear a mask. He said he'd first ask them politely to cover their nose and mouth....around here just pulling up your shirt collar counts....but if they refused he'd have to block them physically and call 911. Then he'd have to wait for the police to arrive, which could take a while, and said "the interim" would determine the outcome (Public Intoxication, Disturbing the Peace, Assault). After that, it's up to the police....

All because covering your face for a few minutes is an infringement on your rights Freeeedoms? I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post

These judges should be fired.
    Warms my heart that you see the need for judges who make bad decisions to face public scrutiny and punishment.

Warms my heart that you see the need for judges who make bad decisions to face public scrutiny and punishment.
    Screw your "warmed heart". Answer the questions you've been asked directly. Start with threads you created like this one: http://theworldforgotten.com/showthread.php?t=7512

Then move onto threads like this:

http://theworldforgotten.com/showthr...866#post216866 or this

http://theworldforgotten.com/showthread.php?t=7544&page=13&p=217266#post217266

It's not hard. Even trolls should be able to "manage" their posting history.
    Last edited by GGT; 07-22-2020 at 04:59 AM.

https://dailycaller.com/2020/08/23/n...-black-people/

"A surge of gun violence in New York City is targeting mostly black people, according to New York City Police Department data.
    Shooting incidents involving black victims were up 177% in June from the same time period in 2019, NYPD data show.
    No other racial group was victimized by shootings at anywhere close to the same rate, the data show.
    New York City officials voted to subtract nearly $1 billion from the NYPD’s funding in late June.

Black people have been victimized by gun violence at a far greater rate than any other racial group amid a surge of shootings and murders in New York City, according to New York City Police Department data reviewed by the Daily Caller News Foundation."

But I guess Black Lives Matter only when they are killed by a police officer.

Time to have gun control.

Though clearly the two issues are not causally related.

Time to have gun control.

Though clearly the two issues are not causally related.
    If you take a look at American cities the ones with the most gun control tend to have high murder rates.

We have a 2A - which is just as valued and important as the 1A. Also the political will for gun control is shrinking. Even people on the left are getting armed due to the rioting.