Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3543444546 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1371

Thread: Happy now BLM?

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    How many unarmed black folks are killed by cops? How many are killed via regular homicide? People are paying attention to the wrong thing if they want to decrease the number of black folks dying.
    How many white people are killed/raped by illegal immigrants? How many are killed/raped by white American citizens?
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    How many white people are killed/raped by illegal immigrants? How many are killed/raped by white American citizens?
    Unfortunately most illegal immigrants are victims of rape by other illegal immigrants so the true number can't be easily confirmed. However my guess is per capita they would make a larger share if we had perfect knowledge.

However the amount of black folks dying to crime and proposals to defund the police are directly connected as opposed to your example. If we could eliminate half of all the police shootings of black unarmed men in a year but have an increase of 10% in homicide as the tradeoff, would that be worth it? Mathematically the answer is no. Good policies like more body cams, stiffer penalties when not used properly, investing in more less lethal technology and cutting off the pipeline of career criminals by legalizing currently illegal drugs are all great ways to minimize police interactions and reduce the tiny few folks killed by overzealous policing. Mass defunding, demonizing police and not adequately punishing rioters and looters, the stuff most BLM groups are advocating for, will absolutely lead to a higher homicide rate.

... while black

"One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Motherfuckers.

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2021/...-38th-chicago/

"George Floyd Square has been a place for mourning and healing for the thousands who pay a visit. But for the people who live there, once night falls, they say it becomes a place where lawlessness abounds.

Scanner audio from Thursday morning tells the story of a domestic assault victim, calling 911 for help from her home near 38th Street and Elliot Avenue.

“Is it possible to have her move at least a block away maybe 38th and 10th. Copy she is bleeding and cut everywhere but we’ll call her back and ask her to move a block away,” the audio scanner says.

“Unfortunately that the norm in this neighborhood post-George Floyd,” said Kimyia Whitehead-Partee.

Whitehead-Partee, after WCCO played her the audio, said she had a similar experience.

A domestic situation forced her to run out of her home, leaving her daughter behind. She made it to 40th Street and Bloomington Avenue where someone called police."

We know what happens when police are told not to go into areas (remember CHAZ?)

https://www.kuow.org/stories/shootin...ad-one-wounded

"Jackson said he recognized the shooting victims; they had hung around the CHOP over previous nights. He also said the CHOP's security are the ones who fired on the SUV after it crashed into a concrete barrier.

At the end of the incident, Jackson estimates that about 300 rounds were fired in the CHOP over Monday morning.

Jackson said that, in his perspective, people should stop coming to the CHOP.

"Because now it's like pretty much an active war zone. Now you have security and medical always looking around waiting to see the next .... I don't think we're gonna stop here. Like tonight, we may have another one. Because for some reason, the first night (we had a shooting), we had two shot and then the following night, one person got shot. So I feel like it's probably going to be a pattern.""

https://abcnews.go.com/US/officers-s...ry?id=77586503

Mattingly was cleared of wrongdoing by former interim Louisville police Chief Yvette Gentry, who overruled Meyer's recommendation that all three officers face discipline for violating department policy.
    Gee, I wonder why people don't trust police to investigate themselves..

And even the investigation which was overruled said they were justified to shoot the boyfriend because he had a gun and was therefore a threat... So what exactly is the point of having a legal gun for home protection when police are justified to shoot you when serving a no knock warrant?
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Transporting... your... daughter's... ashes... while... black

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Transporting... your... daughter's... ashes... while... black

The story was a bit more complicated than that.
    Congratulations America

True, they lied about the contents for starters.

Meanwhile the price-gouging for electricity in Texas due to that winter storm? Beautiful capitalism in action, brought a joyous tear to Lewk's eye. They all knew the rules, no use complaining about it after.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    Meanwhile the price-gouging for electricity in Texas due to that winter storm? Beautiful capitalism in action, brought a joyous tear to Lewk's eye. They all knew the rules, no use complaining about it after.
    Have you seen me complain about that?

Edit: Also directionally I don't think you understand who I am targeting. I'm not saying the business owners are being silly about complaining about insurance not covering everything, I am directing this at the domestic terrorists and the domestic terrorist apologists who made the argument that "no one is harmed if a business gets destroyed because they have insurance."

Have you seen me complain about that?
    Nope, I haven't seen you say a word against the rapacious nature of the power grid sellers over there. Hence my point. Self-interested rapacious neighbors driving people to bankruptcy is good if they're Texas corps, and bad if they're lower class or black.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Nope, I haven't seen you say a word against the rapacious nature of the power grid sellers over there. Hence my point. Self-interested rapacious neighbors driving people to bankruptcy is good if they're Texas corps, and bad if they're lower class or black.
    Are you comparing variable power rates to people committing domestic terrorism and burning buildings?

No, of course not. I think the economic losses inflicted by the profiteering in your state are substantially greater (probably by orders of magnitude) than the losses you're whining about now.

No, of course not. I think the economic losses inflicted by the profiteering in your state are substantially greater (probably by orders of magnitude) than the losses you're whining about now.
    You sound like a domestic terrorist apologist.

You vote for a party that's aiding and abetting domestic terrorists who attacked the heart of your govt and tried to overthrow an election, getting people killed in the process. Sit yo ass down dumbass

Coming from the guy who was totally cool with hunting down black people under the guise of attempting citizen arrests.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    You vote for a party that's aiding and abetting domestic terrorists who attacked the heart of your govt and tried to overthrow an election, getting people killed in the process. Sit yo ass down dumbass
    Pretty sure everyone Republican has condemned the Jan 6 riots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3AOJRi8bFE
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

While simultaneously obstructing a proper inquiry into its causes—indeed, continuing to endorse the very lies that sparked the attack—and into the alarming failures of the immediate response. You're supporting a pro-terrorism party. Worst of all, y'all are supporting terrorists in the most cowardly, sniveling manner imaginable, for the most pathetic reasons imaginable—short-term political power over an electorate that neither respects nor wants Republicans in power. I mean how fucking sad is it to support terrorists and actively further their illegitimate and deeply antidemocratic agenda just because you can't handle the fact that you can't win a fair election like a normal party? Lmao, get fucked you loser

I don't think I have seen you comment on the election. Lewk, do you think the election was stolen from Trump through systematic fraud?
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

Does that include the Republican officials who are glorifying the death of the terrorist who got killed by the authorities that day? How about the ones, like Trump, who insist there was no riot? Or the ones, like Carlson, who insist this was a left wing riot?
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    I don't think I have seen you comment on the election. Lewk, do you think the election was stolen from Trump through systematic fraud?
    There is conclusive evidence that some fraud occurred but not enough evidence to say that there was enough fraud to change the outcome in any of the states. Republicans should not have put up the political theater of trying to not certify the vote.

There is conclusive evidence that some fraud occurred but not enough evidence to say that there was enough fraud to change the outcome in any of the states. Republicans should not have put up the political theater of trying to not certify the vote.
    Fair enough.

Do you agree that the fraud that occurred was on both sides, and not a concerted effort from one side? In other words, business as usual. Incidental cases.
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    Fair enough.

Do you agree that the fraud that occurred was on both sides, and not a concerted effort from one side? In other words, business as usual. Incidental cases.
    Almost all examples of fraud and other dubious acts from that election were by Trump-/GOP-voters. Difficult to apply "both sides" analysis to this specific issue. Meanwhile, half of polled Republicans say Democrats and antifa were responsible for the terrorist attack on the Capitol.

Profiteering, at a moral level, is theft. Profiteering to the point of destruction is, morally, destruction. And you are expressing moral outrage, not legal outrage (the idea of legal outrage is itself asinine). A wrong against property was committed in your state, early this spring, enabled by your government, of a far greater scale than the actions you're objecting to now. And you don't give a rat's ass. Because those were corporations deliberately taking coercive advantage of the destructive laws (laws they'd bought) for their own enrichment, something you'd really like to aspire to whereas you don't aspire to being in the position of poor people and black people.

[QUOTE=Lewkowski;226644]There is conclusive evidence that some fraud occurred[quote]

Note he doesn't mention that most of the fraud with conclusive evidence behind it was conducted by Republicans.