Thread: Happy now BLM?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

White Lives Matter too!

Quote Originally Posted by BBC
    Before kick-off, Burnley and City players had taken the knee as Premier League clubs showed their support for the Black Lives Matter movement.

But shortly after, a plane towing the message appeared over the pitch sparking wide-spread condemnation and a police investigation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post

White Lives Matter too!

Why exactly did this prompt a police investigation?

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch the Red View Post

It was orchestrated by the same vile racist hate group of trolling football hooligans that were behind recent violence.

I've no clue if the plane trip was legal. Probably wasn't under COVID laws at the very least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    It was orchestrated by the same vile racist hate group of trolling football hooligans that were behind recent violence.

I've no clue if the plane trip was legal. Probably wasn't under COVID laws at the very least.
    If this is the reason, and not Minx's point regarding aviation rules, I am still not entirely sure I understand. Do the police investigate any type of speech if they come from vile racist hate groups? If they handed out a pamphlet would that also require an investigation by the police?

And again I really don't understand British COVID restrictions - why would a private flight, (in what looks like a one or two seater aircraft) violate COVID restrictions?

If this is the reason, and not Minx's point regarding aviation rules, I am still not entirely sure I understand. Do the police investigate any type of speech if they come from vile racist hate groups? If they handed out a pamphlet would that also require an investigation by the police?

And again I really don't understand British COVID restrictions - why would a private flight, (in what looks like a one or two seater aircraft) violate COVID restrictions?
    I didn't understand either. To fly those planes with banners is a profession I'd say. The slogan itself is offensive/racist only in a context that makes it so. Maybe flying over the stadium is considered a security risk?
    Congratulations America

Gotten to the bottom of this.

An investigation was prompted because there was a complaint. If someone complains the Police are duty bound to investigate.

The investigation has already been closed. The Police have already said no law was broken.

Someone elsewhere said that putting in a complaint is an old journalistic trick to make a story seem bigger than it is. The Police report they're investigating, makes the story seem big, then nobody bothers to report the results of the investigation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.