Thread: Happy now BLM?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    This is the behaviour BLM and everyone else in this thread is complaining about. Did you just admit everything you've been saying on this topic is actually just a massive derailment tactic?
    No my position the whole thread is that the whole picture needs looking at and that unacceptable behaviour needs tackling on all sides I've suggested mandatory body cams and abolishing the second amendment as part of that. Simply saying that the Police have too much of a justified reason to pull the trigger because of the very real grave danger they face does not mean they are always justified when they do.

If a clearly unarmed man is gunned down then that should be dealt with properly. The problem is that in America too often it is not clear. In that last link of which I know too little to comment the relative who called the police said the man who ended up getting shot was armed. I wish we had body cams to know what happened next rather than just hearsay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    No my position the whole thread is that the whole picture needs looking at and that unacceptable behaviour needs tackling on all sides I've suggested mandatory body cams and abolishing the second amendment as part of that. Simply saying that the Police have too much of a justified reason to pull the trigger because of the very real grave danger they face does not mean they are always justified when they do.

If a clearly unarmed man is gunned down then that should be dealt with properly. The problem is that in America too often it is not clear. In that last link of which I know too little to comment the relative who called the police said the man who ended up getting shot was armed. I wish we had body cams to know what happened next rather than just hearsay.
    If you accept that some of the behavior cited in this thread is unacceptable, then what relevance is the looking at the whole picture?

There are no possible mitigating circumstances that can justify the behavior Ali Afshar experienced. Although the link I cited mentioned that they heard a report that the guy had a gun, there are no possible mitigating circumstances that can justify shooting someone dead the instant you see them because you heard from someone that they might have a gun. They have fucking eyes. They can see if the guy is or isn't carrying anything.

You say "it should be dealt with properly" if someone clearly unarmed is shot. The problem is that it very rarely is in America, and this is a big part of what Black Lives Matter is complaining about. Your response is to equivocate and waffle on about some nebulous 'wider picture' and talk about "sides" like all American blacks are somehow responsible for the criminal actions of anyone with the same skin colour and should expect to take a bit of shit now and again from the police as recompense. It just goes to show the truth behind the name of the movement.
    Last edited by Steely Glint; 09-17-2016 at 05:51 PM.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come