Page 32 of 46 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy now BLM?

You'd think they could just call their superior officer...
    Hope is the denial of reality

The superior officer would probably tell them to threaten the onlookers.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/09/n...aby-video.html
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

These thugs with no capacity for self-restraint are entrusted with the authority to violently enforce their whims under the pretense of enforcing the law:

https://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/v...marac-11150871

https://m.facebook.com/watch/?v=2290288177861668&_rdr

Quote Originally Posted by BBC
    Phoenix mayor apologises after US police threaten to shoot black family

The mayor of the US city of Phoenix has apologised after a video allegedly showing police threatening to shoot a black family went viral.

Officers were responding to an alleged shoplifting incident last month when the video was recorded.

The parents say they did not notice that their four-year-old daughter had taken a doll from a Dollar Store.

Mayor Kate Gallego said the officers' actions were "completely inappropriate and clearly unprofessional".

In the video, officers can be seen shouting at the family to get out of their vehicle before threatening to shoot them.

A woman, Iesha Harper, can then be seen emerging from the car with two young children. The children are handed to a bystander and Ms Harper is arrested.

The footage also shows another man, Dravon Ames, being kicked in the legs as he is handcuffed by an officer.

Ms Gallego said in a statement: "There is no situation in which this behaviour is ever close to acceptable. As a mother myself, seeing these children placed in such a terrifying situation is beyond upsetting.

"I am deeply sorry for what this family went through and I apologise to our community."

She said that the city was speeding up the implementation of body-worn cameras. A community meeting about the incident will also be held on Tuesday.

Ms Harper, who is pregnant, told CNN: "I really thought he was going to shoot me in front of the kids."

She said that she gave her two children to a bystander as she "didn't trust the police".

Phoenix police chief Jeri Williams said on local news that she was "sorry this incident happened" and that it was being investigated.

The officers involved have been assigned desk duty while the investigation takes place.
    Video in link.

That's pretty disturbing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

If Lewk had his way, the 4-year-old would be shot. Never too early to learn about personal responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    If Lewk had his way, the 4-year-old would be shot. Never too early to learn about personal responsibility.
    I'm sure Lewk doesn't think a 4-year old should be shot. A year in adult prison will suffice to scare them straight. Six months in juvie for the other child for accessory since they didn't turn their sibling in. Of course, the parents should get more than a year for not teaching their child not to do that by any means necessary. And since this is a family of criminals, they're plainly unfit to raise children so the state will need to seize those two kids, the unborn one, and any future children and put them in the foster system. That way it'll be easier to catch and punish them further if the ever show signs of not being sufficiently deterred by fear of the penal system in the future.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

How are cops meant to know whether the child is 4 or 18? Wasn't it reasonable for them to fear for their lives, and therefore shoot first and ask questions later?

Meanwhile Memphis riots over a piece of shit who tried to murder someone over a car.

https://wreg.com/2019/06/14/hernando...yser-incident/

Liberals. WTF.

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

In a very slightly different alternate universe basically identical to this one, he would have been shot or beaten to death, and his death would've been celebrated here as an example of justice that would be a lesson to other thieving pieces of shit. Pointed rhetorical questions would be asked about whether liberals think it's okay to steal from hospitals and there might even be a particularly hemorrhoidal segment on Tucker about how important it is to teach black people to be nice to cops if they are ever to get anywhere in life.

Eating while black:

grieving while black:

Being an athlete while black:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1137126

Quote Originally Posted by the Guardian
    Ahmaud Arbery: former police officer and son charged in shooting of black jogger

Gregory and Travis McMichael confronted Arbery with two firearms as the 25 year old was jogging in Brunswick, Georgia

The two men involved in the killing of 25-year-old Ahmaud Arbery as he jogged through his neighborhood just outside of Brunswick, Georgia, in February have been charged with murder and aggravated assault.

Gregory McMichael, 64, and Travis McMichael, 34, were taken into custody and booked into the Glynn county jail, the Georgia Bureau of Investigations announced in a news release Thursday evening. The arrest comes after a video released this week showed an unarmed Arbery, who is black, confronted by the elder McMichael, a former county police officer, and his son, who shot Arbery seconds later.

The shooting took place more than two months ago on 23 February, and family members have expressed outrage and anger that the two men had not been charged. The incidents around the shooting remained unclear until an anonymous witness leaked a 36-second video including the moment of Arbery’s death.

According to a police report filed that day, the two McMichaels grabbed their weapons, a .357 Magnum revolver and a shotgun, jumped into a truck and followed Arbery as he ran. In the same police report, they tell police Arbery matched the description of someone caught on a security camera committing a recent burglary in the neighborhood. Gregory McMichael told police Arbery violently attacked his son, which contradicts the footage.

Arbery’s family has called for immediate arrests after the video was released this week. Celebrities and politicians, from LeBron James to Democratic candidate and former vice-president Joe Biden, expressed outrage and called for action. Until the footage was released this week, no charges or arrests had taken place.

“I’m still in tears,” said Chris Stewart on Thursday evening after he heard the news. Stewart, who represents Arbery’s family, is a civil rights attorney who is working with the team of lawyers representing the family, including Lee Merritt and Ben Crump.

The family is overjoyed, Stewart told the Guardian.

Two prosecutors have recused themselves from the case since the shooting, citing professional relationships with the older McMichael. Neighboring Liberty county district attorney Tim Durden, the third prosecutor assigned to the case, formally requested an investigation by GBI on 5 May, after the video was released. They initiated an investigation on 6 May, leading to an arrest Thursday evening.

Soon after the video was released, Georgia’s governor, Brian Kemp, and the state’s attorney general Chris Carr called for swift action. Kemp called the shooting “absolutely horrific” in a press conference Thursday.

The Glynn county police department never requested an independent investigation of the incident and did not charge anyone in the incident.

Thursday, the Guardian obtained two 911 calls, where an unidentified caller tells the dispatcher: “There’s a black male running down the street.” In another call, a different dispatcher asks another caller to explain what Arbery has done that is wrong.

“It’s not over,” says Stewart. “This is the beginning. A lot of times, African Americans can’t even get to step one of justice.”

“We were absolutely elated to hear of the arrest with it being so long overdue. It was refreshing and exhilarating at the same time,” said Pastor John Perry, the president of the Brunswick chapter of the NAACP. “But the arrest doesn’t end in justice for Ahmaud. We need to see a conviction.”

The McMichaels were approached for comment prior to their arrest but have not responded.
    It takes two months to even charge these weasly gun-totin' murderous little fuckers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Well yeah. Because they had absolutely zero intention of doing anything about the murder until someone disgusted with them leaked the video and generated a media-storm that meant they couldn't just hide it under the rug. They're not just weasly gun-totin' murderous little fuckers, they're local "good ol' boys." And all they did was kill some black guy as shouldn't have been in their area in the first place.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    It takes two months to even charge these weasly gun-totin' murderous little fuckers.
    https://thedispatch.com/p/a-vigilant...ing-in-georgia

"there's a black man running down the street" - yeah, and?

WTF!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

And this is a guy who was a detective for the police. If I was convicted based on this guy's testimony, I would be contacting my lawyer about now. Ditto for the people convicted by the DA who claimed this was justified.

They seem to have lied about how they approached the victim. That might cast doubt on previous testimony, but perhaps the courts would consider it irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    They seem to have lied about how they approached the victim. That might cast doubt on previous testimony, but perhaps the courts would consider it irrelevant.
    This is Georgia. I give it a 50/50 the jury convicts these two.

News can't find any record of reported break-ins either, I think they have a single gun stolen from an unlocked car. Best story that they can put together is this guy paused his jog in front of a house that was under construction.
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 05-09-2020 at 02:25 AM.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

The gun was stolen from the killer's (or his father's?) unlocked car. Read that it may have been left in the back seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    This is Georgia. I give it a 50/50 the jury convicts these two.
    You're giving odds that high? I'm gonna go ahead and suggest that the empaneled grand jury is going to side with the "boys in blue." The clear murderers.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    You're giving odds that high? I'm gonna go ahead and suggest that the empaneled grand jury is going to side with the "boys in blue." The clear murderers.
    Trump did come out against lynchings. For now.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Well yeah, there are plenty of decent cops. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if it was someone from the PD that leaked the video either. But the murderer was a former cop and then DA agent and that's all a grand jury is going to need for that reflexive "it must have been justified" response to kick in. Particularly since you know the prosecutor is going to present in such a way that ensures the grand jury wouldn't indict. If they wanted to prosecute they'd go ahead and order the prosecution themselves. A grand jury is so you can pretend you're not the one responsible for not prosecuting.
    Last edited by LittleFuzzy; 05-09-2020 at 03:43 AM.

Sorry, my post wasn't in response to yours, it was just an update.

https://www.ajc.com/news/local/bruns...9wfl3tkcLTTvO/

"When he was in high school, Arbery was sentenced to five years probation as a first offender on charges of carrying a weapon on campus and several counts of obstructing a law enforcement officer. He was convicted of probation violation in 2018 after he was charged with shoplifting, court documents show."

Out jogging or looking for something to steal? Hopefully the jury finds out about his criminal record in the local media prior to trial because the courts will suppress that shit. Facts are facts and shouldn't be hidden from view.