Page 39 of 46 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1371

Thread: Happy now BLM?

It seems that at least some of the people doing the worst rioting are undercover police officers and the far right. I'm sure you can track down some videos if you try hard enough.
    Hope is the denial of reality

It seems the US is a nation in need of civil war. Utterly sickening that all this can be happening in a supposedly developed free nation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

In true Florida man style Tampa blew up a gas station and ransacked a gold and diamond store. They almost took down a mall (that's 80% empty and on the verge of being tore down [but it's the thought that counts!]) before the police brought the canisters out
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 05-31-2020 at 03:43 AM.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    It seems that at least some of the people doing the worst rioting are undercover police officers and the far right. I'm sure you can track down some videos if you try hard enough.
    I'm sure some are. But the idea that they are the major driving force is utter insanity and you know it.

Last edited by Loki; 05-31-2020 at 04:55 AM.

Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

The passive voice is going to get a hell of a work out over the coming days.
    Last edited by Steely Glint; 05-31-2020 at 10:38 PM.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Look at this old dude who fell over for some undetermined reason after an interaction with a police officer

Last edited by Steely Glint; 05-31-2020 at 12:58 PM.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Push an elderly person onto the ground like that, there's a reasonable chance of that action causing his death within a year or two. Those cops should be under investigation.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

The Investigation: He fell during the protests and died of unrelated health-complications two years later.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

It sure looks like the police is trying to prevent protests, not riots.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Weren't these officers under control of Democrats? You are in the UK so I understand you may not realize but Minnesota has a Democrat for a governor and Minneapolis has a Democrat for a mayor.
    Police departments aren't "under control" of Governors or Mayors but state legislatures. 50 states have 50 different sets of laws for Police Departments -- including hiring protocol, training requirements, operating procedures, oversight guidelines, and even what's reported to federal agencies (like the use of lethal force and racial demographics).

Last time I checked, the majority of state legislatures were "under control" of Republicans. The "Law & Order" party turned community Police into an extension of the military, treated them as Warriors instead of Peace Officers, and gave them the federal military surplus (armored vehicles, kevlar vests, shields, automatic weapons, etc.) to play the part.

You defend gun-toting (white) vigilantes who target, threaten, and murder (black) men as 'supporting' the Police. But you have a different standard when it's black-on-black crime in communities where Police are largely absent. Then it's just thugs taking the law into their own hands, or guns in the "wrong hands".

Then you have the gall to pretend racism has nothing to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    The passive voice is going to get a hell of a work out over the coming days.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

why would pepper spray do this
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Because it fits Trump's denial of reality? So he can blame anyone but not take responsibility as a leader?

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    I have reached the point that I see protesters burn police stations, cars, businesses and think; 'They are right, the system is so rotten that they can't expect anything from reforming it any longer'. One of the basic tenets of a democracy is that you can rid yourself of bad, incompetent government at the ballot box. In the USA this cleansing mechanism no longer seem to work. Obama was form over function, Trump has neither form nor function and I have not a jot of believe that Biden is going to be any better than what we have seen the last decade. Law enforcement so drenched in racism that the joke that the police can't secure a KKK meeting because it's physically impossible to be in two places at the same time, stops being funny.

The United States weren't founded by people who stuck with politely asking for their civil rights.
    Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    It seems the US is a nation in need of civil war. Utterly sickening that all this can be happening in a supposedly developed free nation.
    Banana Republic or Failed state?

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    why would pepper spray do this
    Neither Pepper Spray nor her lawyer could be reached for comment
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    Banana Republic or Failed state?
    The End of Empire.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Another hero for Lewk. Fighting the man (the man being Soros).

Last edited by Loki; 06-04-2020 at 05:19 PM.

Owens is for Owens but that's interesting news about Floyd. The media had sort of lionized him as a "gentle giant" type figure, while it wouldn't make what the police officer did any less evil (especially since he couldn't have known) it does make you go hmmm as to how effective the media is in painting a narrative.

The narrative is he shouldn't have been killed. His history is irrelevant. Someone's life doesn't somehow lose all value and constitutional protections the second they commit a crime.

The narrative is he shouldn't have been killed. His history is irrelevant. Someone's life doesn't somehow lose all value and constitutional protections the second they commit a crime.
    If it doesn't matter what kind of person he was (bad stuff), then it doesn't matter what kind of person he was (good stuff). Either paint the full picture or don't even bother covering those details and just focus on the officer murdering him.

Your logic would discredit just about everyone who ever fought for freedom, including the likes of Gandhi, Mandela, Jefferson, etc. Not that you'd have any intention of applying this logic to people you support (like say Trump).

We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Your logic would discredit just about everyone who ever fought for freedom, including the likes of Gandhi, Mandela, Jefferson, etc. Not that you'd have any intention of applying this logic to people you support (like say Trump).
    How so? Merely reporting that a person has done bad stuff doesn't discredit the good stuff they do, it is just information. And the news organizations if they want to be impartial should always provide all the information regardless of impact to a cause they support. If you want people to trust the media than you need them to stop putting spin on shit. And I know I'm spitting into the wind here, the media will never stop on the right or the left, journalists are just propagandists for either side, none are to be trusted implicitly at this point.

FYI, whataboutism was a tactic perfected by the USSR.

FYI, whataboutism was a tactic perfected by the USSR.
    And...everyone else when it suits their purposes.

Anyhoo, I've had the same discussion with others. They point out that this guy was no angel, and I've said that doesn't matter. Once he was subdued, and I count being cuffed and prone as subdued, then the kneeling on the neck is ridiculous. They agree with me, but says this is not the martyr everyone wants him to be. And I point out he doesn't have to be. Some police are thugs in uniform, and others let it happen, (out of ambivilence for some, fear for others).

HOWEVER, the media loves nothing more than to show all the negativity. It's profit driven, and nice things happening don't sell. Don't get me wrong, this shit needs to be pointed out and addressed, but for the love of the gods, I so wish they would put out SOME context...how many interactions citizens are having with the police everyday and of those how many have turned to shite.
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    How so? Merely reporting that a person has done bad stuff doesn't discredit the good stuff they do, it is just information.
    Don't you all just love the way Lewk lies through his teeth about what he does?
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    Don't you all just love the way Lewk lies through his teeth about what he does?
    Are we sure he's not really a lawyer or elected official somewhere?
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Veldan Rath View Post
    I so wish they would put out SOME context...how many interactions citizens are having with the police everyday and of those how many have turned to shite.
    Seriously? For what it's worth, that's called "qualifying".

You know who famously also did this?

"Oh, yes, they killed hundreds! But look, others were nice!"
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?