Page 38 of 46 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1371

Thread: Happy now BLM?

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    You realize that the motives a dead person could have had can not be established to a satisfying level?

I personally doubt that I could place a call while running for my life. I would be surprised if this is going to play any role at all in the court case.
    It doesn't need to be satisfied 100% since the goal for a defense attorney isn't to prove what happened but to cast reasonable doubt on the situation.

Actually, my point was that what the victim might have thought is not going to be relevant to the case.

I just saw the footage of a CNN correspondent being arrested. I am positively horrified.
    Congratulations America

Actually, my point was that what the victim might have thought is not going to be relevant to the case.

I just saw the footage of a CNN correspondent being arrested. I am positively horrified.
    Given the overall incompetence of that state (Democrat Governor) and the Mayor (Democrat) it is very possible that the arrest is unwarranted. However the press do not enjoy special privileges over that of any other citizen. If a "normal peasant" like journalists like to think the people are, would be arrested in that scenario than it is justified. If not than yeah more Democrat led police incompetence.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    According to liberals (Probably on your college campus) she's black so can't be racist.
    According to many people, the smartest people, you're an ignoramus. A basic premise of the anti-racism research is that racist institutions encourage the people within to be racist, even if they happen to from the affected race.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    According to many people, the smartest people, you're an ignoramus. A basic premise of the anti-racism research is that racist institutions encourage the people within to be racist, even if they happen to from the affected race.
    That makes me curious Loki. What are your thoughts on the silly Orwellian idea that racism is "privilege + power" as opposed to discrimination based on race and ethnicity?

Loki, what are your thoughts on how Lewk doesn't know what 'Orwellian' means?
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Would it be totally wrong if we'd assume a black man killing a police officer in the USA was probably acting in self defense against a criminal attack?
    Congratulations America

Not that it will happen, but it would be nice to see the 3 bystander police officers be charged with felony murder.

Beyond belief:

"One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Oh, man all those guys on the right who are so passionate about free speech they'll even defend Nazis right to a platform are going to be so mad.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Beyond belief:

I think the arresting officers, or if they were acting on orders, should be kicked from the police force. It would be the absolute minimum I think. Is prosecution for abuse of powers possible in such blatant cases?
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    Oh, man all those guys on the right who are so passionate about free speech they'll even defend Nazis right to a platform are going to be so mad.
    Weren't these officers under control of Democrats? You are in the UK so I understand you may not realize but Minnesota has a Democrat for a governor and Minneapolis has a Democrat for a mayor.

Weren't these officers under control of Democrats? You are in the UK so I understand you may not realize but Minnesota has a Democrat for a governor and Minneapolis has a Democrat for a mayor.
    You're an idiot so you may not realize that's a dumb argument, unless you're trying to say you were a Democrat when Obama was president and told you when and how to wipe your ass.

I did realize that, and not just because you've mentioned it like five times now.

You probably missed that time in the Democratic Primary thread where I spent several pages arguing with basically everyone that the Democrats are too centrist, spineless, wedded to an unjust status quo, compromise far too easily with Republicans and are basically fucking useless, which is why you think that is some sort of gotcha whereas in fact it just proves what I was saying in that thread was right.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

It does nothing of the sort, in this particular case. Law enforcement tends to skew republican and esp. authoritarian republican. Governors and mayors are not almighty puppet masters.

The problems with US police forces go well beyond the fact that police officers tend to be Republicans, and are to do with things like training, organisational culture, organisational policy, actually disciplining officers that break the rules and prosecuting those who break laws (without mobile footage and then a massive fucking riot) which are well within the purview of state government to enforce. The reality is that by any European standards the Democrats are a center right party and you can expect them to act as such, and 'reforming the culture of the police' is not exactly on the cards.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    It does nothing of the sort, in this particular case. Law enforcement tends to skew republican and esp. authoritarian republican. Governors and mayors are not almighty puppet masters.
    Do you have evidence for these claims?

Apparently Amy Klobuchar was being vetted for the Veep nominee but she has ZERO chance of being nominee now ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Apparently Amy Klobuchar was being vetted for the Veep nominee but she has ZERO chance of being nominee now ...
    I mean probably not but if black America wants to remain black they have to vote for Biden. That's the rule per Biden. :0

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    The problems with US police forces go well beyond the fact that police officers tend to be Republicans, and are to do with things like training, organisational culture, organisational policy, actually disciplining officers that break the rules and prosecuting those who break laws (without mobile footage and then a massive fucking riot) which are well within the purview of state government to enforce. The reality is that by any European standards the Democrats are a center right party and you can expect them to act as such, and 'reforming the culture of the police' is not exactly on the cards.
    As far as organizational - you are right. Police unions are awful - government worker unions just shield bad and unethical workers. If you are a bean counter not much drama but if you are holding a gun and arresting people... its an issue.

As far as organizational - you are right. Police unions are awful - government worker unions just shield bad and unethical workers. If you are a bean counter not much drama but if you are holding a gun and arresting people... its an issue.
    Well, well, well

Isn't this a turn up for the books.

The guy who made this thread to complain about black people complaining about how the police murder them and get away with it then spent the entire time trying and failing to 'well actually' cop violence is suddenly concerned about unchecked police power because he can leaver unions in there somehow.

Unions are good, shitheads.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

I wonder if anyone had the inclination to go through Lewks back catalogue of "yay look at this person who has been killed" threads if any were of a white person being killed by a black man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    I wonder if anyone had the inclination to go through Lewks back catalogue of "yay look at this person who has been killed" threads
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

"In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

I wonder how long before Lewk's favorite talking heads start making this argument:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mississip...185015332.html

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I wonder how long before Lewk's favorite talking heads start making this argument:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mississip...185015332.html
    What the cop (and the other cops there too) did was 100% wrong. The mayor is wrong. That said I would expect full prosecution of any threats made against him and his family.

We are going to start a pot before lewk starts parotting his God King's trigger words?
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Surely you mean orange calf

American cops are violent manbabies with no impulse-control:

I have reached the point that I see protesters burn police stations, cars, businesses and think; 'They are right, the system is so rotten that they can't expect anything from reforming it any longer'. One of the basic tenets of a democracy is that you can rid yourself of bad, incompetent government at the ballot box. In the USA this cleansing mechanism no longer seem to work. Obama was form over function, Trump has neither form nor function and I have not a jot of believe that Biden is going to be any better than what we have seen the last decade. Law enforcement so drenched in racism that the joke that the police can't secure a KKK meeting because it's physically impossible to be in two places at the same time, stops being funny.

The United States weren't founded by people who stuck with politely asking for their civil rights.
    Congratulations America