Page 35 of 46 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1371

Thread: Happy now BLM?

We get it, Lewk. You think any black man who has ever committed a crime deserves execution.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...l-TV-2017.html

Fact: If Ahmaud would have been sentenced to 5 years in prison for robbing the Wal-Mart instead of 5 years of probation he would still be alive.
    As your friend, I feel it's important to tell you you're being incredibly stupid.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    We get it, Lewk. You think any black man who has ever committed a crime deserves execution.
    No. I'm not a fan of drug laws. Also the racial qualifier is unneeded.

No. I'm not a fan of drug laws. Also the racial qualifier is unneeded.
    It kinda is with you. But the sex qualifier isn't, you think the same thing about black women. Ditto for the implicit age qualifier, you've made it quite clear that if they're old enough to be physically capable of a criminal act (like grabbing something small in a market such as toothpaste, a candy bar, or a toy) than they're old enough to be treated like an adult, and consequently old enough to be hunted down and executed in acts of "citizens' justice" aka mob action.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Two wrongs don't make a right. Murdering someone who committed a crime years ago and has served their sentence for that is not acceptable. It is murder.

Yet you still don't want the white men who committed a crime to be murdered. Funny that!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Years and years and years of this pounding and you idiots still haven't learned that if you ignore him he will go away.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Two wrongs don't make a right. Murdering someone who committed a crime years ago and has served their sentence for that is not acceptable. It is murder.

Yet you still don't want the white men who committed a crime to be murdered. Funny that!
    RB you seem to have created the belief that they set out to kill the guy. My contention is they set out to detain. Why do you assume they set out to kill? Would your view of the situation change if there was evidence that they set out to detain?

Quote Originally Posted by Being View Post
    Years and years and years of this pounding and you idiots still haven't learned that if you ignore him he will go away.
    Hey, this forum is NOT representative of society at large. Ignoring trolls doesn't mean their bigotry *or ignorance* just goes away.

RB you seem to have created the belief that they set out to kill the guy. My contention is they set out to detain. Why do you assume they set out to kill? Would your view of the situation change if there was evidence that they set out to detain?
    They killed the guy. What they set out to do doesn't matter.

No my view would not change. You kill someone you're responsible for that. Only defence is self defence and trying to detain someone is not self defence. The person being detained by vigilantes does have the right to self defence though.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

This is a stupid argument. If you choose to drive drunk with the intention of getting home safely without harming anyone, are you then not culpable if you instead end up killing someone even though you set out to do something else entirely? You are expected to know that driving drunk predictably increases the likelihood of you harming—even killing—someone else; if you still choose to drive drunk, you bear all the responsibility for any injury you may cause as a consequence of your reckless behavior. Arming yourself and trying to "detain" someone predictably increases the likelihood of you killing another person; what you "set out" to do matters not one whit, because you chose a course of action that entails an entirely foreseeable risk of you killing someone. In this case, what you believe they intended is esp. irrelevant as a defense, because they had no right to try to detain him in the first place—hence the felony murder charges.

Precisely.

I am amazed that someone who is normally a fan of felony murder charges is now suddenly in awe of the idea of what their motivation was. It doesn't matter, they killed someone, they weren't acting in self-defence, it has to be murder.

https://gbi.georgia.gov/press-releas...-investigation

On May 21, 2020, the GBI arrested William “Roddie” Bryan Jr., age 50, on charges of Felony Murder & Criminal Attempt to Commit False Imprisonment. These charges stem from the February 23, 2020 incident that resulted in the death of Ahmaud Arbery. He will be booked into the Glynn County Jail.

Good.

So Lewk if these guys are found guilty should they be executed? To deter others from lynching people?

The timeline speaks volumes.

They killed the guy. What they set out to do doesn't matter.

No my view would not change. You kill someone you're responsible for that. Only defence is self defence and trying to detain someone is not self defence. The person being detained by vigilantes does have the right to self defence though.
    Say the guy who sucker punched you ran off. Two of your friends chased after and caught up with the guy. The guy pulls a knife and in tussle the sucker punching knife guy dies. You want your friends tried for murder?

Not the same thing at all. A crime was committed and witnessed when I was punched, and the criminal pulled the knife.

No crime was committed or witnessed here except by the murderers and it was the murderers who pulled out the gun.

So: death penalty if they're found guilty - yes or no?

Not the same thing at all. A crime was committed and witnessed when I was punched, and the criminal pulled the knife.

No crime was committed or witnessed here except by the murderers and it was the murderers who pulled out the gun.

So: death penalty if they're found guilty - yes or no?
    Before I answer, let's make sure I understand your perspective RB. You are saying that if a crime is personally witnessed than it would be all right for your friends to chase the criminal down. So, if we were apply this to the Aubrey case, if the two had personally see him trespassing they would have been in the clear but because they relied on 2nd hand information they are in the wrong?

No. Trespassing is not a felony.

Yes relying on second hand information is never acceptable.

So for two reasons they were in the wrong.

So should they be executed?

No. Trespassing is not a felony.

Yes relying on second hand information is never acceptable.

So for two reasons they were in the wrong.

So should they be executed?
    You moved goal posts from crime to felony. Hell did the guy who punched you get charged with a "felony?"

Relying on 2nd hand information is never acceptable. Damn I guess 911 calls don't actually allow police to do anything since that is 2nd hand information. Hmm what if the police advised a citizen to contact another citizen to intervene? (Like what specifically happened in the Aubrey case).

To answer your question - no. I actually don't think they should be executed. I enjoy felony murder charges when it applies to thieves and those who are doing things like breaking into homes, raping people etc. I'm a huge fan of communities defending each other. As the old saying goes, when seconds matter the police are minutes away. In this situation these guys had ample evidence to believe the person they were trying to detain was a thief (previous break ins, contact by the owner, person fleeing the scene). They confronted him and I fully believe if Aubrey hadn't acted violently he would have still been alive today. The fact pattern doesn't make any sense for them to go out and shoot him. Hell more evidenced has come out that the chase actually last for minutes. Yet no other shots fired until he went for the gun.

I am also curious RB. If we had the same exact fact pattern and the person shot was white and the people chasing were black would you assume the black folks were racist like you assumed these two were racist? I'd be curious to see your answer and why.

In the UK we have crime and not a crime. Assaulting someone is a crime (what you call felony), he was sent to jail for Grievous Bodily Harm while trespassing is not (in Georgia it's a misdemeanor).

Trespassing is a misdemeanor, it's the same as jaywalking. Would you be ok with lynching someone for jaywalking?Don't talk shit.

The fact you're justifying this because their ILLEGAL chase of him went on for minutes is just mind boggling. If you were being chased by aggressive strangers for minutes on end, the only thing with your normal logic is it's a shame Aubery who is the victim didn't have a gun to shoot his attackers who chased him. If Aubery had shot dead the criminals chasing him then he should have been lauded as a hero by you shouldn't be?

You do realise Aubery is the victim don't you?

The Police investigate reports. These guys were not Police they had no authority to detain anyone and doing so was a crime. Doing so made killing anyone felony murder.

"I am also curious RB. If we had the same exact fact pattern and the person shot was white and the people chasing were black would you assume the black folks were racist like you assumed these two were racist? I'd be curious to see your answer and why."

You missed this part - care to provide an answer? Because I'm disturbed by the notion you might be a bigot. I expect that of racists like Loki but I had hoped for more from you.

If the evidence was that they chased and shot someone because he was white then yes.

So since you think its OK to kill those who commit misdemeanors, are you happy to kill someone who jaywalks?

"I am also curious RB. If we had the same exact fact pattern and the person shot was white and the people chasing were black would you assume the black folks were racist like you assumed these two were racist? I'd be curious to see your answer and why."

You missed this part - care to provide an answer? Because I'm disturbed by the notion you might be a bigot. I expect that of racists like Loki but I had hoped for more from you.
    If the evidence was that they chased and shot someone because he was white then yes.

So since you think its OK to kill those who commit misdemeanors, are you happy to kill someone who jaywalks?
    Wow, how absolutely 2001ish CC is this? Are you all reliving childhood?
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

In the UK we have crime and not a crime. Assaulting someone is a crime (what you call felony), he was sent to jail for Grievous Bodily Harm while trespassing is not (in Georgia it's a misdemeanor).
    In Lewkland, there is a crime committed by a white person and a crime committed by a black person. Any punishment for the former is likely too harsh. That includes any punishment for secretly working for a hostile power. Especially if the white person happens to be a middle-class, middle-aged male. For a black person, anything and everything is fair game.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    In Lewkland, there is a crime committed by a white person and a crime committed by a black person. Any punishment for the former is likely too harsh. That includes any punishment for secretly working for a hostile power. Especially if the white person happens to be a middle-class, middle-aged male. For a black person, anything and everything is fair game.
    But how can you possibly know this when Lewk is so very clever?

Is there evidence that he was chased and shot for being black? Do you think these guys were racist? If so what evidence do you have to suggest they were.

And no of course I don't want people shot for jaywalking.

Is there evidence that he was chased and shot for being black? Do you think these guys were racist? If so what evidence do you have to suggest they were.

And no of course I don't want people shot for jaywalking.
    The evidence they're racist is they chased and murdered a black man for no reason. They hadn't witnessed a crime, as none had even happened, but they chased this black man for minutes and murdered him in the end because they didn't like the look of him running.

Jaywalking is a misdemeanor just like trespassing. So why of course not for one, but it's ok to chase and lynch black men because someone else reported they had done the other?

Worse this is like chasing and lynching someone because a friend informed you they had jaywalked. There is a word for this: Murder.

The evidence they're racist is they chased and murdered a black man for no reason. They hadn't witnessed a crime, as none had even happened, but they chased this black man for minutes and murdered him in the end because they didn't like the look of him running.
    Do you automatically assume white on black crime is racist without direct evidence? Do you automatically assume black on white crime is racist without direct evidence?

Before they did anything, they went to get their guns.
    Congratulations America

Jaywalking is a misdemeanor just like trespassing. So why of course not for one, but it's ok to chase and lynch black men because someone else reported they had done the other?

Worse this is like chasing and lynching someone because a friend informed you they had jaywalked. There is a word for this: Murder.
    Actually, you are wrong. They didn't chase the man for no reason. They chased him because he was black. Black was the only reason why he drew attention to start with.
    Congratulations America