Thread: Happy now BLM?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    Christ. What shitheads.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Christ. What shitheads.
    That's a difficult situation the right call probably would have been to shoot the guy - if a guy is waving his gun around, is suicidal how likely would it be for it to go off and kill someone? Like I said tough call, the officer in question is clearly an amazing individual who analyzed the situation perfectly and made the right call. He knew what he was doing but I don't think everyone is going to have the same level of discernment and skill at reading a situation. As a citizen I'd much rather have the crazy guy waving a gun acting suicidal put down than him be a risk to others.

Firing him seems really stupid though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    He knew what he was doing but I don't think everyone is going to have the same level of discernment and skill at reading a situation.
    He knew what he was doing because he'd been trained in how to deal with situations like that. He had training. He was trained.

People who carry firearms as part of their day to day work need to be trained, and not just in marksmanship.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    He knew what he was doing because he'd been trained in how to deal with situations like that. He had training. He was trained.

People who carry firearms as part of their day to day work need to be trained, and not just in marksmanship.
    That's a high bar. I think the guy knew what he was doing due to his prior employment.

That's a high bar. I think the guy knew what he was doing due to his prior employment.
    ..So it's a good bar to set for training for marines, to judge whether or not someone really has to be killed, in a war zone, not to alienate the local population, but when it comes to american cities just shoot em?
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

It's really not. Most countries that issue firearms to their officers give them such training, and I would not be surprised if many police forces in America do the same.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come