Page 40 of 46 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1371

Thread: Happy now BLM?

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    If it doesn't matter what kind of person he was (bad stuff), then it doesn't matter what kind of person he was (good stuff). Either paint the full picture or don't even bother covering those details and just focus on the officer murdering him.
    How so? Merely reporting that a person has done bad stuff doesn't discredit the good stuff they do, it is just information. And the news organizations if they want to be impartial should always provide all the information regardless of impact to a cause they support. If you want people to trust the media than you need them to stop putting spin on shit.
    Even after two decades of reading your fucked-up thoughts, it's still just genuinely sad to get these glimpses into what must have been a truly loveless life. The media—at least, decent media—portrays victims in a way that serves to humanize them, honor their memories, and give comfort to their grieving family and friends. Such coverage needs no particular justification. You don't need to justify treating a murder victim like a human being; nor do you need to justify showing consideration for their loved ones and their grief-stricken communities. Reaffirming a person's—and your own—humanity is not a partisan matter, and being "impartial" about a murder-victim's humanity isn't something worth striving for.

For the record, most professional journalists do in fact mention details about victims' criminal records, for example—even when it has no relevance to their murder at the hands of police or vigilantes. However, some particularly repugnant outlets—and some dysfunctional fuckups such as yourself—tend to focus excessively on those details, with the objective of justifying killings—murders—by dehumanizing the victims, denying their human worth. Now, from the perspective of an unloved sociopath who had all decency beaten out of them as a child, these two objectives—humanization and dehumanization, respectively—may seem morally equivalent to one another. However, to most decent people, the former is more laudable—and also more interesting—than the latter. Journalists earn trust and appreciation from well-functioning humans, by writing human stories; they're not interested in gaining the trust of hate-filled groyper cranks who've never learned how to relate to other human beings in a normal way.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Khendraja'aro View Post
    Seriously? For what it's worth, that's called "qualifying".

You know who famously also did this?

"Oh, yes, they killed hundreds! But look, others were nice!"
    Yes, because REAL data and context is a good thing. Trump spouting shit is not real data.

Letting the country know this many dicks are screwing up the country compared to those that are not could be useful on a few levels and I think you know that.

Does everything need to be a pissing match with you?
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

People should be judged on the basis of their character, and that is why you should shit on the people who put this on national TV:

To be fair, I think it's telling how much the markets don't think racial tensions affect the economy.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    To be fair, I think it's telling how much the markets don't think racial tensions affect the economy.
    True, but markets may have—in this case—been misled by the govt's lies about unemployment stats

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    True, but markets may have—in this case—been misled by the govt's lies about unemployment stats
    https://thehill.com/homenews/media/5...d-positive-job

The ex-BLS person who responded to him said there were no red flags and it turns out there were red flags after all...

More proof that the markets aren't a reflection of the 'real' economy, but still tell the tale of Two Americas.

Like I first started this thread...

Are you happy now BLM?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/nypd-new-...hootings-crime

"The New York Police Department has reported a staggering increase in shooting numbers, and injuries, as officials warn there’s “a storm on the horizon” – and say changes must be made.

An estimated 72 people were wounded in 53 shootings citywide from June 15 through Sunday night, an NYPD spokesperson said Monday morning. The department saw 14 shooting victims in 12 shootings for the same time period last year, data shows."

Was this before or after officers were poisoned by bleach milkshakes at shake shack??

It was before the shake shake incident, but after they told us looters stole 2.4 million in Rolex watches from a store which didn't have any Rolex watches in it.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

I can't imagine why you'd not want to sack the lot. It's useless to even try to save the parts that aren't entirely rotten.

PS, it reeks of an attempt to scam Shake Shack out of some free drinks/meals. Why else first thrash the drinks, then alert the manager.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It was before the shake shake incident, but after they told us looters stole 2.4 million in Rolex watches from a store which didn't have any Rolex watches in it.
    Beginning to think 2/3rds of all alleged crimes against police might be hoaxes.

Enjoy your side stories all you want, people are dying due to rioting and police being pulled away from regular duties to deal with it.

NYPD: See! Shootings are up while these protests are on. You need us!

Also NYPD:

We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Enjoy your side stories all you want, people are dying due to rioting and police being pulled away from regular duties to deal with it.
    I guess we're going to have to spell it out for you, but the point is that the police lie.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

I guess we're going to have to spell it out for you, but the point is that the police lie.
    That won't register, maybe this will; the police lie and steal.
    Congratulations America

I think compstat figures bear out the claims re. recent surge in shootings, but there's no indication—or any other reason to believe—that it has anything to do with police being distracted. But yes, police do indeed lie

"I don't like stats so they must be lies." You really think number of people killed and shot in a city is just going to made up? It would be easy to disprove. So if you have any evidence that those numbers are wrong - feel free to link.

In case you missed this people were dying before the protests started. Deal with that adequately and the protests can end. Until then shut up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    In case you missed this people were dying before the protests started. Deal with that adequately and the protests can end. Until then shut up.
    Yeah let's talk about that. Let's compare the deaths of unarmed suspects vs. total number of homicides. What do you think that ratio is?

"I don't like stats so they must be lies." You really think number of people killed and shot in a city is just going to made up? It would be easy to disprove.
    I mean, yeah, the police would totally do that. Remember, these are the same people that tried to tell us that Martin Gugino 'tripped and fell' even though the incident was caught on film and everyone could clearly see him being pushed by the police. Firstly, no one on either side of this debate would ever accuse the police of being especially smart, and secondly they're used to having everything they say unquestioningly repeated by people who erroneously think of cops as some kind of impartial authority, so it would not surprise me in if they'd just put out some bullshit stats and just expected the media to publish them without checking simply because the cops 'wouldn't lie'.

However, having actually read the article you linked there is no connection being made by the police to the protests, and in fact the commissioner specifically talked about a trend that started before the current wave of protests:

We had a hundred shootings in May – first time we hit that number in probably five years. We were trending up before COVID hit on shooting,” he said. “The shame of this is I’ve been warning people since November or December that this is coming. A month or two ago, I told you that there is a storm on the horizon.
    So this, obviously, is my fault and I hold my hand up to that. It was foolish of my to take what you'd posted at face value, and I should not have trusted that the source you'd given actually said what you'd said it did, and checked it myself.

I thought to myself "That Lewkowski, we don't get on or see eye to eye or get on very well but we've known each other a long time and he wouldn't straight up lie to my face (he's not a cop or anything) I won't click the link, I'll just reply". But I was wrong. You did lie, Lewkowski. You lied like you're some kind cop who just murdered an unarmed suspect and is busy planting a gun on them. And you did it right to my face, Lewkowski. Lewkowski.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Yeah let's talk about that. Let's compare the deaths of unarmed suspects vs. total number of homicides. What do you think that ratio is?
    "And so you see, your honor, my client did murder that family in cold blood but if you compare that to the total number of homicides..."
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

"And so you see, your honor, my client did murder that family in cold blood but if you compare that to the total number of homicides..."
    That isn't the point. If you push police back from communities where crime occurs you may decrease the number of police shootings of unarmed people but if at the same time you allow more homicides to occur in vastly greater numbers than lives lost in that first segment, was it worth it? Obviously we would like to reduce the number of people killed inappropriately by police. Breonna Taylor for example was an absolute fucking tragedy. However the way to reduce it isn't by rioting and disincentives for police trying to do their job.

That isn't the point. If you push police back from communities where crime occurs you may decrease the number of police shootings of unarmed people but if at the same time you allow more homicides to occur in vastly greater numbers than lives lost in that first segment, was it worth it? Obviously we would like to reduce the number of people killed inappropriately by police. Breonna Taylor for example was an absolute fucking tragedy. However the way to reduce it isn't by rioting and disincentives for police trying to do their job.
    Most civilised nations manage to find a way for the Police to do their job without them shooting unarmed people.

Indeed when the Police stop shooting unarmed people and concentrate on doing their job well instead, they can do their job better not worse.

Nothing has worked short of rioting so it seems like rioting is the only option. Afterall you're the one always banging on supporting extrajudicial violence when it suits you, so why shouldn't others follow your example. Do you believe in the deterrent effect? If every time the Police murder an unarmed suspect there is a riot then that would be a major deterrent to the Police murdering unarmed suspects would it not?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

It would be really interesting to see whether cops have a higher risk of being swiftly suspended—or even fired— for misconduct now, compared to a few years ago.

How short-sighted do you have to be to not realize that police shooting so many people keeps the police from doing its job? For starters, we wouldn't have the current protests/riots if not for the police brutality.

How short-sighted do you have to be to not realize that police shooting so many people keeps the police from doing its job? For starters, we wouldn't have the current protests/riots if not for the police brutality.
    Plus policing is more effective when the population can trust the police force.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

White Lives Matter too!

Quote Originally Posted by BBC
    Before kick-off, Burnley and City players had taken the knee as Premier League clubs showed their support for the Black Lives Matter movement.

But shortly after, a plane towing the message appeared over the pitch sparking wide-spread condemnation and a police investigation.
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post

White Lives Matter too!

Why exactly did this prompt a police investigation?