Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Politibrawl 2016: The Debatening

Default Politibrawl 2016: The Debatening

GET HYPED!

Early predictions for this debate:

- Trump will be the only candidate that gets fact-checked by the moderator
    - Trump will give non-answers at least twice as often as Clinton
    - Clinton will answer at least one question unrelated to gender with "first female president".
    - Clinton will try to go offensive and play as dirty as Trump at least once. This will backfire. She won't try again in future debates.
    - Trump will bring up Clinton's health. It won't work as a tactic, and may backfire. Then he'll do it again.
    - Trump will say at least 3 things that individually would have ended the careers of any other politician. These will be his supporters favorite quotes.
    - Clinton could handily win the debate by playing it safe and letting Trump self-destruct, but her competitive nature will take over and she'll try to out-self-destruct him.
    - At least one cut to Gary Johnson, alone and unloved
    - Trump will say something incredibly stupid that is easily refuted. Loki will strawman him anyways.
    - Supporters of each candidate will deny that gaffes from their candidate were gaffes, while reveling in the oppositions
    - No matter what happens, nobody on this board will have their opinions changed at all.

Are you guys as pumped as I am?

- if Trump somehow manages to feign being a functional human being for the entire evening and avoids, e.g. literally soiling his own pants on stage, the media will describe that as a "win", and slight mistake or gaffe by Clinton will be called an unmitigated disaster

I am going to bed.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    GET HYPED!

Early predictions for this debate:

- Trump will be the only candidate that gets fact-checked by the moderator
    - Trump will give non-answers at least twice as often as Clinton
    - Clinton will answer at least one question unrelated to gender with "first female president".
    - Clinton will try to go offensive and play as dirty as Trump at least once. This will backfire. She won't try again in future debates.
    - Trump will bring up Clinton's health. It won't work as a tactic, and may backfire. Then he'll do it again.
    - Trump will say at least 3 things that individually would have ended the careers of any other politician. These will be his supporters favorite quotes.
    - Clinton could handily win the debate by playing it safe and letting Trump self-destruct, but her competitive nature will take over and she'll try to out-self-destruct him.
    - At least one cut to Gary Johnson, alone and unloved
    - Trump will say something incredibly stupid that is easily refuted. Loki will strawman him anyways.
    - Supporters of each candidate will deny that gaffes from their candidate were gaffes, while reveling in the oppositions
    - No matter what happens, nobody on this board will have their opinions changed at all.

Predictions:

- Someone will shout Pepe! in the debate hall, it may or may not be covered
    - Trump will not be as combative as he was in the Republican primaries
    - Hillary will smile, a lot
    - Hillary will outright accuse or insinuate Trump is a racist
    - Trump will bring up the e-mails
    - Depending on format, the moderator will play an embarassing soundbyte for both Trump and Clinton but will more negatively reflect on Trump
    - No matter what happens, nobody on this board will have their opinions changed

Rules for audience: no clapping, no cheering, no booing. Do debates usually have these rules? Also, bets on how long these rules last?

Rules for audience: no clapping, no cheering, no booing. Do debates usually have these rules? Also, bets on how long these rules last?
    I give it 30 minutes.

Hillary with solid opening blows, Trumps initial answer was lazy and rambling.

edit: Trump has the sniffles! Will he still attack Clinton's health? If I thought he were fully rational, I'd say no, but I just don't know with this man!

edit 2: Somebody else reply so I don't have to keep adding edits. I'm not sure if it's just because I'm not his target audience, but Trump seems to be bombing to me.

Clinton just accused trump of living in his own reality. I could hear the crowd laughing over my own house laughing.

I haven't seen him in his TV shows, but his facial expressions are hilariously awful.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Trump isn't doing very well IMO. However he's laser focused on manufacturing, going for broke in Ohio and the rust belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Clinton just accused trump of living in his our reality. I could hear the crowd laughing over my own my house laughing.

I haven't seen him in his TV shows, but his facial expressions are hilariously awful.
    I was right - audience reacted within 30 minutes.

And there we go, moderator's lost all control

What's the point of the moderator here? They have both shut him down at least once.

Edit: and wraith already beat me.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

And there we go, moderator's lost all control
    It is very difficult unless they give him access to cut mics. That being said Trump is coming across as angry and passionate but more on the angry side.

If Clinton just stands there and answers all other questions with "'sup?" I think she would still win this debate. Trump's self-destructing hard.

Did he just brag about making a shit ton money without any suggestion about how that's helped the country?

But damn the moderator just called trump out for lying about tax returns.

And there goes the email line

Oh wow Clinton e-mails got an applause.

I think that just counts as the audience losing it. The earlier laughter was involuntary, but that cheering was not.

Is it bad that I pictured Joe dirt as that cheering audience member?

Does that count as an admission that he doesn't pay taxes?

Is it bad that I pictured Joe dirt as that cheering audience member.
    It sounded like there were a bunch of them clapping at least, maybe 10-20% of the audience?

"650 million is not a lot of money" YOU'RE NOT HELPING YOURSELF

"650 million is not a lot of money" YOU'RE NOT HELPING YOURSELF
    "I'm rich bitches, vote for me."

Audience again, this time for Clinton's no taxes comment.

I wonder if this is his attempt to reach out to 'urban youth.' :0

"
    Verse numba two, do the damn thang
    Cubes on my neck pockets full of Ben Franks
    When I'm in the mall, hoes just pause
    I pop a few tags, give me that on the wall
    Time to flip the work, make the block bump
    Boys in the hood call me black Donald Trump
    "

Clinton's tone is like a teacher trying to educate the class clown. That's a fine line cause if trump spins that to make it sound like she is talking down to the public it could get dicey.

Clinton's tone is like a teacher trying to educate the class clown. That's a fine line cause if trump spins that to make it sound like she is talking down to the public it could get dicey.
    I think Clinton could effectively counter by playing a clip of Trump from this debate. Any of them.

She's also a rather boring speaker. Whereas when Trump speaks, even when its crazy, he commands attention. I guess we'll learn if the adage that 'all publicity is good publicity' actually has some truth to it.

His response to Clintons racial divide was to bring back "law and order". He just keeps repeating that. I can't tell if he is talking about the TV show at this point.

Calling the moderator a liar, hot damn.

And now he is bragging about his property holdings?

"I have property there!" I... I really don't understand this. I mean what does this add? People know you're rich. It makes it seem like his primary concern is his business venture instead of people.

Paraphrasing Clintons rebuttal to trump:. "do you hear this shit?"

His response to Clintons racial divide was to bring back "law and order". He just keeps repeating that. I can't tell if he is talking about the TV show at this point.

Calling the moderator a liar, hot damn.

And now he is bragging about his property holdings?
    I actually thought it was a neat dodge on the stop and frisk ruling. Basically saying they would win on an appeal but the mayor didn't go for it.

If this were any other debate, I'd probably think that Hillary was blowing it right now, but she just can't compete with the train-wreck that is Trump.