Thread: Why host anything in Iran?

Default Why host anything in Iran?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...iscrimination/

"Hijabs have been mandatory for women in Iran since the Islamic Revolution of 1979 and the strict law is enforced by the country's "morality police".

Any woman found not wearing one in public faces arrest, a fine or public admonishment. However, players claim by awarding the event to Iran Fide is turning a blind eye to sexual discrimination."

Personally... I blame Obama. Iran should have continued being treated like a pariah. If they wanted to build nuclear weapons in defiance of the greatest nation on earth we should of bombed their pathetic backward and savage country to dust.

Sharia law is Obama's fault.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

There is a bit of a story for organizations like this holding their events in countries that don't have the best human rights records. Especially events for women and especially in countries where women are oppressed, but the controversy here is largely contrived and I do believe started with the daily mail :\

For example here is an article about the Grand Prix that was held there earlier this year. hijabs everywhere and not a single whining article posted by lewk.
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 09-30-2016 at 02:36 PM.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

What an unfortunate name for the US champion...
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post

For example here is an article about the Grand Prix that was held there earlier this year. hijabs everywhere and not a single whining article posted by lewk.

In other news OG is ok with women being forced to wear hijabs or go to jail as long as there is not an article written about it. Keep up the progressive fight OG!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    It's not okay to shoot an innocent bank clerk but shooting a felon to death is commendable and do you should receive a reward rather than a punishment

Quote Originally Posted by ImAnOgre View Post
    In other news OG is ok with women being forced to wear hijabs or go to jail as long as there is not an article written about it. Keep up the progressive fight OG!
    THIS IS MY EXACT POSITION!

but seriously, if you're done acting like an idiot. The point is that if that if there was an actual concern here for rights, it likely would have started before now. but before the daily mail decided it needed a rage piece the competitors seemed ok with understanding other cultures. The US largely expects the same from visitors from cultures that practice toplessness.
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 09-30-2016 at 02:14 PM.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Fuck right off. Oppressing women is acceptable because its their culture and we don't allow toplessness?

Its not acceptable, its never acceptable and just because a while goes between discussions does not make it acceptable in the meantime.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

There is a bit of a story for organizations like this holding their events in countries that don't have the best human rights records. Especially events for women and especially in countries where women are oppressed,
    Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Oppressing women is acceptable because its their culture

fuck me for seeing the shades of grey in yet another rage piece that lewk spammed. right?

Rage piece? The article was not hyperbolic at all.

I thought fake outrage was a preserve of the left?
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    should of
    I would of expected a link to a Daily Express article.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

More troublesome than the hijab is the question of how this inexplicable decision will impact participants' future ability to travel to the US.

fuck me for seeing the shades of grey in yet another rage piece that lewk spammed. right?
    There is no grey here, oppression is wrong, or it is acceptable. I say it is wrong.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    There is no grey here, oppression is wrong, or it is acceptable. I say it is wrong.
    In practice, there are a lot of things that are both wrong and "acceptable" in practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    In practice, there are a lot of things that are both wrong and "acceptable" in practice.
    Oppression is not one of them to me.

Because the .ir TLD is kinda neat for URL shortening?
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come