Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Liberals seem to have no self control

That's your family you felt was threatened, not a tube of toothpaste
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Of course. When I heard my colleagues were threatened and someone had held a machete to my colleagues (especially but not just my pregnant one) I felt very angry and threatened to that too. It again was my colleagues welfare I was worried about more than just the cash that was robbed.

I was in the building 15 minutes prior to one of the robberies and had only just left to go to another site and upon hearing about the armed robbery my instinctive response was to say to my wife "I was there 15 minutes prior, I should have been there". To which she replied its probably for the best that I wasn't there ... with my keyring for all the stores, knowledge of all their safe combinations and a brand new car at that time - plus we think the person behind the robberies was a formerly trusted manager I had caught stealing and discovered was on cocaine and fired. But when you feel under attack it isn't logic that comes first.

Lewk may be concerned about the toothpaste. I doubt the victim of that story was thinking about the toothpaste when he ran after the crook.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

A fair point, but that doesn't make these incidents things to be celebrated
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Agreed 100%
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

I don't think the homeless shoplifter threatened a store with a deadly weapon when he stole the toothpaste.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

I don't know. My point is there is more than a superficial part to any story like that.

Hope is the denial of reality

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...attorney-says/

More conservative self-control there
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Self control simply oozes from this post on an alt-right reddit sub.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

False flag, no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    False flag, no doubt.
    Absolutely. "I can fucking a rape a woman and brag about it and still become the most powerful person in the world." That is NOT something a Trump supporter would say.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    And here I thought voter fraud never happened!

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Absolutely. "I can fucking a rape a woman and brag about it and still become the most powerful person in the world." That is NOT something a Trump supporter would say.
    What are you, their fan club now?

Also:

More "false flags" there.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    What are you, their fan club now?

Also:

More "false flags" there.
    Those I expect are real but Aimless is right about that reddit one being very clearly a false flag. Because one sincerely holding those beliefs would simply never refer to Hillary as "a well-rehearsed woman with decades of experience and the whole world backing her." That was a post by a disgruntled Clinton supporter.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

I was just baiting Lewk so that we could post many more examples that are less easy to dismiss.

There are shitheads on all sides though that you couldn't spot a mile off that was a post by someone clearly backing "the well-rehearsed woman with decades of experience" rather than the "rapist" is rather concerning.

The narrative by Trumpists was that Clinton was corrupt, not inexperienced/incompetent. Nothing in that post is really incompatible with the poster being one of them, though the lack of the word 'cuck' is somewhat suspicious.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

The narrative by Trumpists was that Clinton was corrupt, not inexperienced/incompetent.
    Trump's voters also believe she's incompetent in addition to being corrupt.

Nothing in that post is really incompatible with the poster being one of them, though the lack of the word 'cuck' is somewhat suspicious.
    That's what tipped me off the internet is so fucking dumb.

The narrative by Trumpists was that Clinton was corrupt, not inexperienced/incompetent. Nothing in that post is really incompatible with the poster being one of them, though the lack of the word 'cuck' is somewhat suspicious.
    Nothing in the material praises Trump or blasts Clinton. Quite the reverse, every word of their respective descriptions bashes Trump and compliments Clinton. And so you think it was written by one of the extremists supporting Trump? Give me a break, Steely.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

No, I said it was written by someone who wasn't a liberal, not everyone with regressive views likes Trump, e.g. Lewkowski (assuming he didn't lie about who he voted for)

Perhaps you are the one who should give me a break, Fuzzmaster.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

No, I said it was written by someone who wasn't a liberal, not everyone with regressive views likes Trump, e.g. Lewkowski (assuming he didn't lie about who he voted for)

Perhaps you are the one who should give me a break, Fuzzmaster.
    Bullshit. You didn't say anything of the sort, you said "more false flags here" and posted a neo-nazi tag. That says quite clearly what sort of person you were talking about.

And Steely? You won't see someone like a saner and less obnoxious version of Lewk make a comment whose praise and condemnation leans so wholly in that one direction either. So you're wrong in what you said, you're wrong in your initial defense, and you're wrong in your attempt to backpedal. Be less wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    Bullshit. You didn't say anything of the sort, you said "more false flags here" and posted a neo-nazi tag. That says quite clearly what sort of person you were talking about.
    That was a different post.

And Steely? You won't see someone like a saner and less obnoxious version of Lewk make a comment whose praise and condemnation leans so wholly in that one direction either. So you're wrong in what you said, you're wrong in your initial defense, and you're wrong in your attempt to backpedal. Be less wrong.
    You are clearly unaware of how openly some of these people are prepared to speak in their own online spaces, when they don't think anyone is watching. I've seen more egregious examples than that. It might be some upset Clinton supporter, but there's nothing in that makes me think "nope, no-one on /r/theredpill or whatever other alt-right hellholes are currently active on reddit could ever possibly type such a thing"

I don't blame you, though. I thought they were a caricature dreampt up by feminists for them to be angry at. Nope, turns out they're all too fucking real.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

We shouldn't read too much into broad personality traits for political viewpoints in general but this seems to be a common trend. We know that people on the left are far likely to go to prison (criminals tend to vote liberal) and we know it is far left causes that bring about the most violent protest and riots.

Now here is a person who isn't a career criminal. She probably has never done any crime (maybe drugs) but here she is invading other's property and stealing. The problem? Lack of impulse control. Lack of forethought. Thinking emotionally instead of logically. And isn't that the same way with almost all leftist positions? They sound 'good on paper' but implementation never works out that way. I'm sure not every liberal has no self control but it does very much seem that the trait is more common among them than it is with conservatives.
    Defending the store was right and proper. You let thieves get away you get stolen from more often. The guy probably didn't intend to kill the toothpaste thief. This is old ground but the guy would be still alive if...

1. He didn't steal.
    2. He instantly stopped running once he realized he was being chased.
    3. Once the struggle occurred, he instantly stopped struggling.

But instead he chose to steal. He chose to run. He chose to struggle. And he died. A message that should be ground into the minds of every child in education. You steal, you die you worthless piece of shit. Make something of yourself... because if you don't and you become a thieving parasite the good people of this country will not rest until you are behind bars or in a grave.
    Lewk, you're making conclusions first, then trying to fit the "diagnosis" to match your conclusions. That's thinking emotionally instead of logically, therefore you must be a liberal.

And you've started a thread (Yes, cry you miserable piece of shit), and posted in other threads (about political protests) that's just another version of the same thing -- your misunderstanding of human behavior. You claim to be a Libertarian, but you're really an Authoritarian. Most of your complaints about government are framed as parental controls from the Nanny State, yet you *want* the government to act like the heavy-handed parent that can beat (or kill) people into submission.

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    And you've started a thread (Yes, cry you miserable piece of shit), and posted in other threads (about political protests) that's just another version of the same thing -- your misunderstanding of human behavior. You claim to be a Libertarian, but you're really an Authoritarian. Most of your complaints about government are framed as parental controls from the Nanny State, yet you *want* the government to act like the heavy-handed parent that can beat (or kill) people into submission.
    I want a minimalist government. A government with few laws, but the laws that it does enforce (laws against rape, murder, theft, arson, fraud etc) to be punished harshly. I'm confused why you want softer punishments for rapists and murderers. If society has agreed (through the passage of laws) that certain behavior is simply unacceptable in civilized society why go forward with half measures? Yes I want criminals to submit to the will of the people and stop their parasitic violence. Do you want otherwise?

There's something wrong with the Reply With Quote option. So I'll break it down the best I can.

I'm confused why you want to lump ALL crimes in the same basket. Putting petty theft in the same basket as rapes or murders, for example. Or why you think being harsh for first time offenders is the best way to prevent future crimes. As if your authoritarian/parental model actually works.

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    There's something wrong with the Reply With Quote option. So I'll break it down the best I can.

I'm confused why you want to lump ALL crimes in the same basket. Putting petty theft in the same basket as rapes or murders, for example. Or why you think being harsh for first time offenders is the best way to prevent future crimes. As if your authoritarian/parental model actually works.
    Harsh sentences work to stop crime in two ways.

1. Deterrence. Fear the cost of doing an action enough and you'll get less of it.

2. No opportunity. Even if we assume the laughable assumption that deterrence doesn't work, the criminal cannot commit further crimes while they are locked up. By removing that criminal from society they don't have the opportunity to continue their crimes.

Harsh sentences work to stop crime in two ways.

1. Deterrence. Fear the cost of doing an action enough and you'll get less of it.
    Your prescription for TAX policy may not apply to criminal behavior.

2. No opportunity. Even if we assume the laughable assumption that deterrence doesn't work, the criminal cannot commit further crimes while they are locked up. By removing that criminal from society they don't have the opportunity to continue their crimes.
    Unless you're advocating for life sentences for every crime (including petty theft or property damage), they'll eventually be freed....and living in society again. And if you don't include some form of rehabilitation and/or education during incarceration....you'll just be creating a more hardened criminal or recidivist.

I know you'd love to lock 'em up and throw away the key (or fry 'em!) but that's just your authoritarian streak showing. Not all crimes are equal -- we distinguish between misdemeanors and felonies, violent and non-violent, juveniles and adults, etc. -- but justice should be fair and equal. And in case you hadn't noticed, it's how our laws are written that affect minorities and poor people disproportionately, making them the bulk of the incarcerated. Some are awaiting trial, or a public defender, for years.

That brings me to another point: that in our "Two Americas" we have two sets of standards. One for the privileged class (that can either buy a great legal defense, or avoid prosecution altogether) and everyone else. If things were truly fair and equal, there would be a whole bunch of bankers/financiers IN PRISON for their role in the '08 meltdown.

If you expect a gov't official to be prosecuted (like Hillary Clinton for entanglements with the Clinton Foundation during her tenure as Sec. of State) then at least be fair and equal about it......and call for Gov. Chris Christie to be prosecuted for his role in Bridge Gate, and prosecute Trump for defrauding Trump University students.

Just because someone screws up doesn't mean a crime let alone a felony was committed.

Snowflake GOP candidate in Montana gets triggered, assaults lamestream media journalist traitor for violating his safe space with questions:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...-reporter.html

But he did it with a lot of self control so I expect this to endear him to Republican voters in Montana

Yeah but to be fair it was the Guardian.

Spoiler:
    I'm only joking of course. WTF crazy bastard. As for the press spokesman "Scanlon later issued a statement saying that Jacobs "entered the [campaign] office without permission, aggressively shoved a recorder in Greg's face, and began asking badgering questions." ... In other words a journalist was doing his job in a hostile but perfectly normal manner that does not justify assault.