We shouldn't read too much into broad personality traits for political viewpoints in general but this seems to be a common trend. We know that people on the left are far likely to go to prison (criminals tend to vote liberal) and we know it is far left causes that bring about the most violent protest and riots.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poste...=.0ae970d4ff7a

"The escapade was not premeditated: We simply jumped into my Jetta wagon, drove down to the strip and got to work. In all, it took less than 20 minutes. We grabbed about 40 signs and threw them in the hatchback. I hadn’t really thought about what I would do with the signs; I just wanted them gone. At the time, we believed we were doing the right thing. There were so many Trump signs up and down our main drag — it was destroying all sense of equilibrium in our community.

But the Falmouth police happened to spot us as we were preparing to leave the scene of the crime. The officer was kind, informing us that we had stolen someone else’s personal property, which had not really entered into my mind while I was doing it. He took the signs and sent us home."

Now here is a person who isn't a career criminal. She probably has never done any crime (maybe drugs) but here she is invading other's property and stealing. The problem? Lack of impulse control. Lack of forethought. Thinking emotionally instead of logically. And isn't that the same way with almost all leftist positions? They sound 'good on paper' but implementation never works out that way. I'm sure not every liberal has no self control but it does very much seem that the trait is more common among them than it is with conservatives.