When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    "fuckin' lesbians though, iamrite. i hope they all catch fire and die"
    "dude, not cool"
    "it's just a joke brah why u gotta be so sensitive"
    /shrug

Liberals made it OK for comedians to make jokes about the protected class they are part of. Look at all the black comedians who make fun of the way 'blacks are.' Don't hate the player...

To be fully honest I'm not a huge Milo fan at an objective level. I just find it hilarious how upset he makes the left.

White comics couldn't make these jokes for instance:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Gay guy =/= lesbian or transgender woman

More importantly, while Chris Rock is a talented comedian who cares deeply about the rights of black people, Milo is just kind of a narcissistic shitbag who takes pleasure in the harassment of various innocent people and is a prominent member of a subculture that routinely denigrates non-white people and people of minority sexual orientations and genders. See Steely's pretty accurate description. This is why no one will take you seriously when you compare Milo to Chris Rock.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

To be fully honest I'm not a huge Milo fan at an objective level. I just find it hilarious how upset he makes the left.
    Well.

If you were being "fully honest", you'd probably have said something like "I actually agree with a lot of what he says, but I'm too much of a coward to admit it, so I'll fake this air of ironic detachment and claim to find things 'hilarious' to hide my deep attraction to these ideas"

Just like you "don't support Trump" but apparently find that whole debacle "hilarious" as well.

I mean, you do know we can see you, right?
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    White comics couldn't make these jokes for instance:
    "waaa, why aren't I allowed to be racist, I want to be a racist, but people might call me racist. it's so unfair!"
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

"waaa, why aren't I allowed to be racist, I want to be a racist, but people might call me racist. it's so unfair!"
    Not sure where you got that from
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post

More importantly, while Chris Rock is a talented comedian who cares deeply about the rights of black people, Milo is just kind of a narcissistic shitbag who takes pleasure in the harassment of various innocent people and is a prominent member of a subculture that routinely denigrates non-white people and people of minority sexual orientations and genders. See Steely's pretty accurate description. This is why no one will take you seriously when you compare Milo to Chris Rock.
    Milo is a troll absolutely.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

And if you had another comedian who was white say the *exact same things* you would have a ton of people crying racist.

Well.

If you were being "fully honest", you'd probably have said something like "I actually agree with a lot of what he says, but I'm too much of a coward to admit it, so I'll fake this air of ironic detachment and claim to find things 'hilarious' to hide my deep attraction to these ideas"

Just like you "don't support Trump" but apparently find that whole debacle "hilarious" as well.

I mean, you do know we can see you, right?
    I do agree with a number of things he's said in the past. There are other things I don't agree with and I'm not a fan of the 'oh look I'm a flaming faggot' routine he does. That being said it is still funny seeing liberals all up in arms about it.

I don't like Trump - I think he is an egomaniac and quite narcissistic. I do think he is better than Hillary when it comes to enacting the policies I favor. And yes I do find all of the 'emotional trauma' and tears from celebrities and liberals to be absolutely hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    I do agree with a number of things he's said in the past.
    What would be an example of something he's said that you agree with?
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

And if you had another comedian who was white say the *exact same things* you would have a ton of people crying racist.
    Because white people calling black people "niggers" is associated with centuries of white racists calling black people "niggers" out of contempt for their race. When a white person calls a black person a "nigger" it's usually a reliable indicator of racism or criminal stupidity. How have you managed to avoid learning that words have to be judged in context?
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

What would be an example of something he's said that you agree with?
    “Like much of the identitarian Left, feminists want to replace old etiquette rules with a new system of politically-driven language policing, controlled by them and predicated on nebulous hurt feelings and speculative "harm." Having long overturned the hectoring, socially-conservative establishment, they now want to assume its place.”

"You have the right to controversial opinions and speech. You have the right to confront and to disagree with, to rebut, and to question opinions that don’t match your own. You have the right to do all of that without being told that you are violating a safe space. "

"Progressives in America today believe that you can’t be racist unless you’re white, or unless you have what they call “prejudice plus power.” This argument, dreamed up in gender and African studies departments, does nothing more than give people an excuse to attack others for their gender, their sexual orientation, or the colour of their skin, in the same way that eugenics gave people an excuse to view others as subhuman nearly a century ago."

"After my speech at DePaul where I was shouted down by Black Lives Matter there were quotes in the press that said I threatened their physical safety and could cause a massacre. They, they said, they said my words could cause a massacre. Well the massacre did come to Chicago but it had nothing to do with me. Over memorial day weekend there were 69 shootings in Chicago, the majority of them were black on black crime. This ended the deadliest month of May in 21 years. This wasn’t a massacre prompted by a gay man’s opinions, it was black men pointing guns at other black men; a subject on which Black Lives Matter has nothing to say. Murder was up 40% during the month and Mayor Emanuel told the press club “We’ve had some success.” I don’t know how he defines failure, probably like other liberals. Shootings are up 50% year over year, the third year of increases in Chicago, and these are not legally guns being used. Cracking down on people’s legal rights to own firearms, cracking down on the 2nd Amendment, which Obama clearly hates, is not going to save lives. And if you doubt that and some idiot in the back says “Where’s your statistics from?” this is the liberal Chicago Tribute, so you can look it up yourself."

"These protests continue to expose the hypocrisy and detachment from reality that runs like a red thread through the liberal establishment in America. Every voice on the Left bleated about how they feared protests and riots by angry Donald Trump supporters if (when) he lost the election, yet it is the leftists themselves destroying property and blocking roads."

Because white people calling black people "niggers" is associated with centuries of white racists calling black people "niggers" out of contempt for their race. When a white person calls a black person a "nigger" it's usually a reliable indicator of racism or criminal stupidity. How have you managed to avoid learning that words have to be judged in context?
    "Rule for thee but not for me."

The goal and hope is that we will live in a true post-racial society where no one would look at skin color and make an assumption on how they behave, what they believe, their work ethic, their values or traditions. Sadly liberals are the ones most responsible for making that reality less and less likely.

So when an LGBTQ person makes remarks about LGBTQ people it may be taken in a different context too. Same principle applied consistently.

Oh, well, if you're not upset, that changes everything
    No, but it does show that there are different standards amongst individuals. Just because you are offended is not the rule either.

I've listened to many of his speeches, commentaries, and interviews. I don't find him offensive. I think he's wrong on a couple of points, but I don't look to shut up people I disagree with.
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

So when an LGBTQ person makes remarks about LGBTQ people it may be taken in a different context too. Same principle applied consistently.
    Don't bother, the goal posts will get moved again.

See this is the game you liberals like to play. You post something that is clearly out of bounds (the racist picture Timbuk2 posted) and then attempt to LINK IT to someone who DID NOT say/post that.
    I did, however, acknowledge my mistake and apologise for it.
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

"You have the right to controversial opinions and speech. You have the right to confront and to disagree with, to rebut, and to question opinions that don’t match your own. You have the right to do all of that without being told that you are violating a safe space. "
    This may come as a shock to both you and Milo, but if racist speech is protected free speech then "you're violating a safe space" or, probably more accurately, "You need to shut the fuck up, you racist sack of garbage" is also protected free speech.

Quote Originally Posted by Valden Rath
    I think he's wrong on a couple of points, but I don't look to shut up people I disagree with.
    Tell me, if screaming abuse at feminists and other progressives on social media until they leave the platform in disgust or despair isn't "trying to shut people up", then what is?
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

And then there was a breaking point where he said the Constitution and conservatism were done, and it was going to be replaced by this new rising alt-right movement that didn’t care about the Constitution—you’re cucks, you’re losers, all the rest of this stuff. And then it gradually got worse, to the point where, when my second kid was born in May, Milo—who pretends that he’s not alt-right—sent a tweet at me with a picture of a black kid. Because the way that this works is that if you are not alt-right, if you’re anti-Trump, then according to the alt-right you must be what they call a “cuck”—for those who don’t follow this sort of stuff—because you have two brain cells to rub together. Cuck, according to the alt-right, means that you’re a white person who wants to watch his wife have sex with a black man, right? Because you’re poisoning the racial stock of the United States, so you want your own racial stock “poisoned.” I always found the whole thing bewildering. I’m not interested in my wife having sex with a man of any race; I’m not sure why a black guy would be significantly worse, just overall! It seems pretty terrible all the way through.
    http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...s_to_turn.html
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

This may come as a shock to both you and Milo, but if racist speech is protected free speech then "you're violating a safe space" or, probably more accurately, "You need to shut the fuck up, you racist sack of garbage" is also protected free speech.

Tell me, if screaming abuse at feminists and other progressives on social media until they leave the platform in disgust or despair isn't "trying to shut people up", then what is?
    Correct on the fist part.

Second part, nope. They can block his fag ass. Ignore him, or better yet, see your first answer above.

So, what were you referring to you talked about trying to shut people up?
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Seriously?

Have you seen any of the lunacy here in the States were colleges are banning people like Milo, Ben Shapiro, and 2 wave feminists? And if the dint get banned, the 'tolerant' left pull fire alarms, or disrupt the speech in the auditorium so those who want to here the discussion can't.

That's just a taste of shutting people up.

Exactly. Giving as good as you get is one thing, trying to ban certain points of view is completely different.

That's a strawman. No one is banning any points of view. What is being banned is harassment and encouragement to violence.
    Hope is the denial of reality

"Safe spaces" is about banning points of view, as is "no platform" etc

Quote Originally Posted by Veldan Rath View Post
    Seriously?

Have you seen any of the lunacy here in the States were colleges are banning people like Milo, Ben Shapiro, and 2 wave feminists? And if the dint get banned, the 'tolerant' left pull fire alarms, or disrupt the speech in the auditorium so those who want to here the discussion can't.

That's just a taste of shutting people up.
    Sorry, what? You think college should be compelled to give Milo et al a platform to speak? I've never been invited to speak at a university, are my free speech rights being violated?
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

"Safe spaces" is about banning points of view, as is "no platform" etc
    But what is a space space, other than an alt-right bogey man?

Quote Originally Posted by https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safe-space
    In educational institutions, safe-space (or safe space), safer-space, and positive space originally were terms used to indicate that a teacher, educational institution or student body does not tolerate anti-LGBT violence, harassment or hate speech, thereby creating a safe place for all lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender students.[2] The term safe space has been extended to refer to a space for individuals who feel marginalized to come together to communicate regarding their experiences with their perceived marginalization, typically on a university campus.[3] It has been criticized for being contrary to freedom of speech.
    So, it's one room on campus where you're not allowed to go "god hates fags lol" or whatever, and that's some unconscionable violation of free speech?

"I must be able to follow women & minorities everywhere and shout at them, or else my free speech rights are being violated"
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

You are wrong. It's not about a room, nobody would object to that, it's about banning speech from the entire campus.

https://www.theguardian.com/educatio...k-universities

Ok, so you clearly misread that article quite badly.

No speech was 'banned', the organiser decided to pull the plug after he heard there was going to be a picket. It wasn't anything to do with the campus as a whole or even university authorities, it was something organised by the feminist society and the comedy club or whatever.

To be clear, I think "criminalize people who use sex workers - yay or nay" is something reasonable people really ought be able to disagree about and I find picketing a comedy show over the issue outright bizarre, but picketing is an expression of free speech even if it's over something really dumb.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Sorry, what? You think college should be compelled to give Milo et al a platform to speak? I've never been invited to speak at a university, are my free speech rights being violated?
    Are you being deliberately obtuse?

I'm am not saying a college campus should be forced to host Milo (as an example) but when one IS invited by a club/group, if not told to fuck off by the administration, then other groups actually disrupt the activity, not just protest, come in and disrupt.