Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Liberals All Over the World Hate Free Speech

Default Liberals All Over the World Hate Free Speech

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entr...b0c6c8bc164b5c

"Yiannopoulos, an editor at far-right news website Breitbart, had been set to speak to sixth form students at Simon Langton Grammar School for Boys in Canterbury on Tuesday.

However, the talk was cancelled after the Department for Education’s Counter Extremism Unit consulted with the school over safety concerns and the “threat of demonstrations at the school”. "

And...

"“Inviting Milo to talk is not an example of ‘supporting free speech’ it is actively encouraging him to spout his far-right views to young men,” Kit Caless and Gary Budden wrote. "

Speech that you disagree with is the only speech that needs protecting. Why is it that liberals across the globe don't get this? The idea of freedom of speech being something that has value means it needs to be OK to have far left speech AND far right speech. Just /boggle.

Hate speech is not covered by free speech in Britain. What Milo does frequently blurs the line between protected speech and hate speech.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Hate speech is not covered by free speech in Britain. What Milo does frequently blurs the line between protected speech and hate speech.
    The details of what is and isn't allowed in Britain really doesn't matter unless your position is that "the law is this and that is good because the law says so."

What would be interesting is what your take on it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I dont know, I've watched lots of his Danderous Fagot Tour. The real twats are the disrupters.
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Speech that you disagree with is the only speech that needs protecting. Why is it that liberals across the globe don't get this?
    They do. Free speech itself is a liberal concept.

It's you that doesn't get that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    They do. Free speech itself is a liberal concept.

It's you that doesn't get that.
    I'm not talking about the classical liberal label. I'm talking about the term liberal as it is used in everyday American life. The party that wants to ban certain types of political speech, the party that wants to erect 'safe zones' where 'inappropriate' talk can't harm their precious snowflakes. The one's that want to ban Mark Twain's writings from schools. Those liberals.

Which 'party'?

This is an occurrence in the UK, so has nothing to do with what idiots in America do. And you probably missed the fact that it was the Langton Liberal Arts Society who invited him to address the school in the first place.

Regardless, spouting racism is closer to hate crime than free speech in the UK, as Loki said.

This is, afterall, the man who actually had his Twitter account shut down by Twitter themselves for posting this to Leslie Jones for her appearance in Ghostbusters, amongst other examples of abuse cited by Twitter;

And if you bothered to read the detail of the article you posted, you would find out that it was not for his racist views that his visit was cancelled by the DoE, it was the security risk that his presence at the school poses from those who would rightfully protest.
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

I'm referring to the left as a party though that was unclear.

I don't believe Milo posted that.

Ooooh I get it people protesting is a *security risk* ? So anyone who wants to shut up anyone from talking to school just has to say they plan on protesting it? Man I'm pretty sure if some pro EU punk wanted to give a speech and a few Brexit people said they would protest the speech wouldn't have been cancelled. Then again... the left does tend to be far more violent than the right so maybe the security concerns were actually legit. But giving into the demands of terrorists isn't a good idea.

I'm referring to the left as a party though that was unclear.
    The 'left' are not a political party.

I don't believe Milo posted that.
    Of course you don't. It flies in the face of what you believe so you dismiss it, truth be damned. It doesn't change the fact that Yiannopoulos has made publicly racist comments.

Ooooh I get it people protesting is a *security risk* ?
    No. But people protesting at a school is. What do you think is amongst a school's primary concerns if not pupil safety.

So anyone who wants to shut up anyone from talking to school just has to say they plan on protesting it?
    They can certainly try. The DoE will likely dismiss it unless there is a legitimate risk, like, say that from allowing a man with known racist views to make a speech at a school in the UK.

Man I'm pretty sure if some pro EU punk wanted to give a speech and a few Brexit people said they would protest the speech wouldn't have been cancelled. Then again... the left does tend to be far more violent than the right so maybe the security concerns were actually legit. But giving into the demands of terrorists isn't a good idea.
    I have no idea what this gibberish means.

I get that they aren't a formal political party. (The left isn't restricted to one nation either).

I still don't believe Milo posted it. Do you have proof he posted it? Because that twitter account doesn't look like the one Milo used prior to his banning and it doesn't look like something he would post. How would you like it if someone posted that same picture and said that you posted it? Either fess up and admit you were wrong and you are sorry or actually post some proof.

Ah so people the government deem 'racist' shouldn't be allowed to speak because violent vigilantes will attack a school full of children? Am I reading your argument correctly? Because that sounds kinda crazy. The solution to speech you don't like is more speech not violence.

I still don't believe Milo posted it. Do you have proof he posted it? Because that twitter account doesn't look like the one Milo used prior to his banning and it doesn't look like something he would post. How would you like it if someone posted that same picture and said that you posted it? Either fess up and admit you were wrong and you are sorry or actually post some proof.
    My apologies, that was a posting by one of Yiannopoulos's followers subsequent to his review of Jones.

He was in fact banned by Twitter for retweeting this fake Twitter post from Jones.

Ah so people the government deem 'racist' shouldn't be allowed to speak because violent vigilantes will attack a school full of children? Am I reading your argument correctly? Because that sounds kinda crazy. The solution to speech you don't like is more speech not violence.
    More strawmen.

No, that is not what I said.
    Last edited by Timbuk2; 11-23-2016 at 08:22 AM.

You stop making up mean lies about my favorite cockbag who was banned by Twitter for telling the truth!!

What a fucking joke.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Since lewk needs every little thing explained for him:
    http://www.vox.com/2016/7/20/1222607...-ban-explained

The guy is a shit stain on humanity that's been pushing for this reaction from Twitter for a long time now. He has also been banned from speeches in LA for claiming that rape culture is fake. Lewk doesn't actually care about any of this though, this thread is just another excuse to push breitbart
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 11-23-2016 at 03:30 PM.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Since leek needs every little thing explained for him:

The guy is a shit stain on humanity that's been pushing for this reaction from Twitter for a long time now. He has also been banned from speeches in LA for claiming that rape culture is fake. Leek doesn't actually care about any of this though, this thread is just another excuse to push breitbart
    Wait, saying rape culture is a load of crap is worthy of being banned?

Since leek needs every little thing explained for him:

The guy is a shit stain on humanity that's been pushing for this reaction from Twitter for a long time now. He has also been banned from speeches in LA for claiming that rape culture is fake. Leek doesn't actually care about any of this though, this thread is just another excuse to push breitbart
    He made 0 racist comments. He made fun of her looks and mocked her for playing the victim card but that's all I see. The accusation of racism should only be leveled with actual proof.

EDIT: Actually 'rape culture' as it is described by liberals on college campus is fake. The only societies that actually truly condone rape in the modern era are almost all predominantly countries where Islam reigns supreme as the primary religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Veldan Rath View Post
    Wait, saying rape culture is a load of crap is worthy of being banned?
    It would, I assume, need some context for what group or reason he felt such a speech needed to take place. Sadly I can't find the original article cause it appears he has a long list of schools across the US and Britain he has been banned or removed from.
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 11-23-2016 at 04:02 PM.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

It would, I assume, need some context for what group or reason he felt such a speech needed to take place. Sadly I can't find the original article cause it appears he has a long list of school across the US and Britain he has been banned or removed from.
    Liberals sure love their free speech don't they?

That little shit was banned for repeated violations of twitter's ToS, most recently through the active participation in and spearheading of a harassment campaign against another user, characterized by a great deal of racism and anti-trans rhetoric, with the express purpose of causing her suffering.

http://www.vox.com/platform/amp/2016...-ban-explained

In terms that even a dumbass like you can understand, he was banned for repeatedly being an utter cunt despite being asked not to by the company whose services he was using to engage in this behavior. I'm not surprised you've swallowed his bs hook, line and sinker but it does make you look even worse than you already did.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    That little shit was banned for related violations of twitter's ToS, most recently through the active participation in and spearheading of a harassment campaign against another user, characterized by a great deal of racism and anti-trans rhetoric, with the express purpose of causing her suffering.

http://www.vox.com/platform/amp/2016...-ban-explained

In terms that even a dumbass like you can understand, he was banned for repeatedly being an utter cunt despite being asked not to by the company whose services he was using to engage in this behavior. I'm not surprised you've swallowed his bs hook, line and sinker but it does make you look even worse than you already did.
    See this is the game you liberals like to play. You post something that is clearly out of bounds (the racist picture Timbuk2 posted) and then attempt to LINK IT to someone who DID NOT say/post that. The four posts Milo did in the article:

"At least the Ghost Busters has a hot black guy in it" A slam on looks

"Fat & Ugly, Ugly, Ugly, Fat" A slam on looks

"Rejected by another black dude" A slam on looks

"If at first you don't succeed (because your work is terrible) play the victim." Slam on the movie, Slam on liberals cult of victim-hood.

Do you think slams based on appearance should be banned on twitter? Because if that is the standard twitter wants to use - that's fine but they would be banning tens of thousands of accounts.

Maybe you should read the article and if your brain still doesn't get it maybe you should get in touch with twitter.

Maybe you should read the article and if your brain still doesn't get it maybe you should get in touch with twitter.
    Still waiting for one example where he used a racist slur. Still waiting on if you think Twitter should ban everyone who makes fun of someone's looks.

Maybe you should read the article, Lewk.

Just in case anyone is under any illusions on the kind of person Lewkowski and Veldan Rath are defending here.

When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

I assure you those pics made lewk go *boinnggg*

At the end of the day, Yiannopoulos is a man with no appreciable talent, expertise or worth who who has, near as I can tell, failed at just about everything he's attempted and has now found a niche saying "shocking" things online with the sole purpose of getting a rise out of people. Like, that's his life now: being as unpleasant as possible on the internet. It's pathetic, really.

Is it any wonder Lewkowski relates to him?

It's just kind of sad that the media has fallen for it and is now treating him like a serious political commentator. He was interviewed on Channel 4 news recently. What the fuck is Channel 4 news doing interviewing someone whose sole claim to fame is being a prick on the internet?

Just like it's kinda of said that these half-dozen troll threads Lewk starts every week get responses as if they were actual good faith attempts to have a discussion.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

I assure you those pics made lewk go *boinnggg*
    Milo gave us Trigglypuff I can forgive much.

Sorry, not to upset by these comments. Us fags and lesbians have a love/hate thing.

Oh, well, if you're not upset, that changes everything
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Firstly he wasn't banned, as discussed it was cancelled on security concerns. Secondly, it was cancelled by the school, not the Department of Education.

Those lesbian ones read as [very bad] jokes and given the context of him being a very famous gay guy saying that it is different, like it or not. The only one that made me laugh was the equality for suicides one.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

That only leaves the harassment, gamergate trolling, transphobic and ugly jokes.

Yipee!