Thread: Myanmar's treatment of the Rohingya

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    It's worse.
    Nonsense, the Israeli-Palestinian conflict is the worst conflict in the world and it deserves the mandatory attention of every UK university student for at least three hours per week.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    The top democracy dataset in poli sci just updated their democracy scores for the entire world, and they rated Myanmar a democracy, with the same score as the US. People, even smart people, really have their heads in the sand on this.
    Jesus

I mean, I get the whole "reward progress" thing but what happened to "punish regression" thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
    Jesus

I mean, I get the whole "reward progress" thing but what happened to "punish regression" thing?
    I'm guessing it was coded by someone with little knowledge of the place and who got their news entirely from American sources.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I'm guessing it was coded by someone with little knowledge of the place and who got their news entirely from American sources.
    Any even remotely well-informed American who read any reputable news source would know about Myanmar. I recognize that the vast majority of Americans don't quality as 'remotely well informed', but one would hope that someone putting together a poli sci dataset might be in the minority.
    "When I meet God, I am going to ask him two questions: Why relativity? And why turbulence? I really believe he will have an answer for the first." - Werner Heisenberg (maybe)