Thread: Myanmar's treatment of the Rohingya

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Do I have to cite the million studies that show sanctions implemented through the UN are more likely to work? Remind me how those Russian sanctions are doing.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Do I have to cite the million studies that show sanctions implemented through the UN are more likely to work? Remind me how those Russian sanctions are doing.
    You said "punish." If you want us to address something else, say what you actually mean.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    You said "punish." If you want us to address something else, say what you actually mean.
    By multilateral, I meant through a global IO (common usage). I didn't literally mean multiple countries.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    So what you're saying is that when all of the world's major powers are implementing sanctions they're likely to work, whereas when the powers are divided or even the target of the sanctions then they're less likely to work?

Quelle surprise!

The only logical explanation is that the UN is magic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.