Thread: Forum Funding

Default Forum Funding

This is a temporary thread to keep you posted on the financial situation of the forum. Loki and I, in cooperation with Wraith, will work out a somewhat more structured way to do that in the future and let you know the details of that.

The current amount we have in cash is $149.83, donated by 7 members of the forum. We don't have a system yet to show who contributed what, or even a decision if we want such a system, but we're greatly thankful for the donations so far.

The current target is $285 for the purchase of the vBulletin suite for the forum, so additional funds are still very welcome. The donate-button with which you can contribute to the funding of the forum is located here.
    Congratulations America

Default Re: Forum Funding

For those of us who refuse to use paypal, what are the other options for sending in a donation?
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir
    We don't have a system yet to show who contributed what,
    Don't make one. Just don't. It will only end in tears.
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions
    For those of us who refuse to use paypal, what are the other options for sending in a donation?
    You can use a credit card from the same screen.

Nessus, agreed.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Loki

You can use a credit card from the same screen.
    Okay, go there, see how the website address is still Paypal? Yeah they can go fuck themselves hard. Do we have an option for not using Paypal?
    . . .

Okay, go there, see how the website address is still Paypal? Yeah they can go **** themselves hard. Do we have an option for not using Paypal?
    Yeah, but it charges straight from the credit card, and as far as I could tell, it doesn't even charge a fee.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Okay, go there, see how the website address is still Paypal? Yeah they can go **** themselves hard. Do we have an option for not using Paypal?
    Another member without a CC asked me to donate on his behalf later today, he'll deposit his donation in my bankaccount.
    Congratulations America

Yes, Paypal is evil and probably just a ploy of Satan. We're still figuring out how much they are skimming from our hard-earned money. It seems that we've lost somewhere between around $7 to them so far.

The better news is that so far 7 people have donated to a grand total of $181.- That's really a great result I think for such a small forum in such a short time. We have decided not to mention individual donations, if people feel they want their donations to be more public they should feel free to do so themselves. But regardless of all that; know that your money was very welcome.

However; the target is to enable a switch to vBulletin, which means more people can help us to get there. So get yourself to the blogpage and click that Donate Button
    Congratulations America

Did you guys get mine? Cuz paypal is being a bit bitchy to me.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir
    Yes, Paypal is evil and probably just a ploy of Satan. We're still figuring out how much they are skimming from our hard-earned money. It seems that we've lost somewhere between around $7 to them so far.
    https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd= ... es-outside

Fees are 2.9% + $.30 per non-paypal/paypal credit transaction...
    . . .

Almost any company that will process credit cards will take a similar amount. I don't think we should try collecting checks by snail mail either.

Flixy: We got it.

Just to be clear, there is absolutely no alternative to pay-pal here?
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint
    Just to be clear, there is absolutely no alternative to pay-pal here?
    Not for the time being.
    Congratulations America

Turns out I had a PayPal account. Just put down some cash money.

For the time being the Donations button has been taken down. We can debate placing a permanent one for running costs in a different thread.

As things stand today the target of $285 for the vBulletin has been reached.

There all in all donations by 10 people with a total of $297.52.

For 9 donations a total of Paypal fees was deducted to the amount of $12.52

I would like to congratulate the forum on this result and am looking forward to see our money well spent.
    Congratulations America

I thought I had gone mad. I was looking around for the donate button and didn't find any. Let me know if you need more later.